Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A discussion about religion

The goverment rule your life, they do things you wouldn't imagine, people talk about the "illuminati" making decisions about your life, to find the people making decisions about our life, you have to look no further than the medicene industry, selling there fake cures, all a placebo effect to try and make themselfs a quick buck.
Yes. Vaccines, cancer treatments, antibiotics, aids cocktail, etc are all deceitful ploys to get you to buy snake oil cures. Why in biblical times people lived 800-1000 years or more - it's right in the bible. It's sad that the world is so disease and ailment ridden as opposed to magical and perfect ancient times.

While there are obvious problems with capatialistic medicine companies anyone who thinks medical science and medicine as a whole is BS is horribly uneducated, a liar or should be committed for being insane.
Well actually the longest lifespan recorded in the bible was about 950 years. The reason for these long lifespans is because the atmospheric content was different. Before the flood it didn't rain, dews watered the ground, and all that rain that wasn't happening was up in the atmosphere, making it thicker and therefore more protective, allowing people to live much longer.

False prophets will even tell you that prosperity is the right way and that if you give your money will come back in a multiplied amount. God tells you to be generous and give away your services freely, but says not to expect a reward, because it will not always come. Those prophets are usually multi-millionaires and have mega church's so that they can rake in even more income over time. It is absolutely sickening.
This reminds me of my favorite George Carlin quote:
"Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.
He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good ******* story. Holy ****! "
-- George Carlin Politically Incorrect, May 29, 1997

There is probably no passage in the bible to reject medicine because it didn't exist in its current form then.

Just as Jesus had olive colored skin and curly black hair like pretty much everyone else in that region and indeed all descriptons peg him as an average man. Jesus didn't even speak English or have blue eyes white skin and curly light brown hair like Europeans. It's pretty much a certainty Jesus resembled an Arabic person and not a European. Every time I see a non Arab Christian who is racist I laugh quite a bit.

If we only had the DNA RNA and other data from his actual remains science is to the point where we could clone him. Human cloning isn't in the bible either - maybe this was how Jesus was planning his return. Ahh the tremendous good and bad that the powers of science possesses.
Those preachers and Christians that just want money shes a bad light on the test of us. God doesn't want your money, he wants YOU, as you are.
Also, Jesus would have been Arabic, and the bible states that he was nothing special in terms of looks. Now we can't know absolutely for certain what he looked like, but my guess is that he would have been Arabic, quite muscular as he was a carpenter's boy, but not very handsome, just average or more likely, below average. I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to Jesus, but he was probably below average in terms of looks.

False prophets will even tell you that prosperity is the right way and that if you give your money will come back in a multiplied amount. God tells you to be generous and give away your services freely, but says not to expect a reward, because it will not always come. Those prophets are usually multi-millionaires and have mega church's so that they can rake in even more income over time. It is absolutely sickening.
"Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.
He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good ******* story. Holy ****! "

There is probably no passage in the bible to reject medicine because it didn't exist in its current form then.

Just as Jesus had olive colored skin and curly black hair like pretty much everyone else in that region and indeed all descriptons peg him as an average man. Jesus didn't even speak English or have blue eyes white skin and curly light brown hair like Europeans. It's pretty much a certainty Jesus resembled an Arabic person and not a European. Every time I see a non Arab Christian who is racist I laugh quite a bit.

If we only had the DNA RNA and other data from his actual remains science is to the point where we could clone him. Human cloning isn't in the bible either - maybe this was how Jesus was planning his return. Ahh the tremendous good and bad that the powers of science possesses.
Those preachers and Christians that just want money shes a bad light on the test of us. God doesn't want your money, he wants YOU, as you are.
Also, Jesus would have been Arabic, and the bible states that he was nothing special in terms of looks. Now we can't know absolutely for certain what he looked like, but my guess is that he would have been Arabic, quite muscular as he was a carpenter's boy, but not very handsome, just average or more likely, below average. I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to Jesus, but he was probably below average in terms of looks.
You are right! We don't know what he looks like, which is why I disapprove of pictures of Him in the church. They deceive young children into thinking that was exactly what he looked like. We also know that he was of great stature, although, since he instructs men to be of great stature as he was. Looks are another thing, although. How beautiful someone looks is based on your opinion.
x*Warrior Tank*x
x*Arawn*x
x*BadaBing*x

Critical thinking greatly intrigues me.

But He loves you.

Just as Jesus had olive colored skin and curly black hair like pretty much everyone else in that region and indeed all descriptons peg him as an average man. Jesus didn't even speak English or have blue eyes white skin and curly brown hair like Europeans. It's pretty much a certainty Jesus resembled an Arabic person and not a European.

If we only had the DNA RNA and other data from his actual remains science is to the point where we could clone him. Ahh the tremendous good and bad that the powers of science possesses.
You assume he's invisible, first of all, when actually in the Bible, Moses saw God.

You do not go to Hell if you disobey commandments. The devil will take you to Hell if you are not saved. God hates to see that, but we all have a choice.

The way many people depict Jesus is a white man with blue eyes and long hair, but in the Bible it describes his skin tone as
bronze.

What many people don't get is - Jesus was a man. He was physically the same as any human being, but he was perfect. God sent His son to profess His Word.

I do not believe you can clone a living man from one's remains.
Lol!

George Carlin was (deceased) a brilliant and funny comic. I do not think that it was meant to be rigorously correct in terminology. It's short and funny because it parallels real life.

And yes science can in theory clone a human from remains with today's technology. Sheep are about the same difficulty as humans. You would sample billions of fragments of DNA from the remains, replicate it using enzymes, then sequence it using specialized equipment and super computers. After the sequence is digitally reassembled it can then be reinserted into an egg and grown. This is oversimplified but an accurate description.

How do you think we obtained mammoth or Neanderthal DNA sequences. BTW you can send in your DNA and see what % Neanderthal you are since they interbred with humans.

True that producing a living human in this manner from 2000 year old DNA is a bit beyond what is possible but we are so close I can taste it. Literally this will be possible in 10 years. In 30 years it will probably cost 50 bucks and be common place.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

The goverment rule your life, they do things you wouldn't imagine, people talk about the "illuminati" making decisions about your life, to find the people making decisions about our life, you have to look no further than the medicene industry, selling there fake cures, all a placebo effect to try and make themselfs a quick buck.
Yes. Vaccines, cancer treatments, antibiotics, aids cocktail, etc are all deceitful ploys to get you to buy snake oil cures. Why in biblical times people lived 800-1000 years or more - it's right in the bible. It's sad that the world is so disease and ailment ridden as opposed to magical and perfect ancient times.

While there are obvious problems with capatialistic medicine companies anyone who thinks medical science and medicine as a whole is BS is horribly uneducated, a liar or should be committed for being insane.
Well actually the longest lifespan recorded in the bible was about 950 years. The reason for these long lifespans is because the atmospheric content was different. Before the flood it didn't rain, dews watered the ground, and all that rain that wasn't happening was up in the atmosphere, making it thicker and therefore more protective, allowing people to live much longer.
I can't help but ask - is this a troll/highly sarcastic comment? Because I'm starting to not be able to tell anymore.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

The age approximation is correct, but the rest I have not seen anywhere in the Bible... It is probably a scientific hypothesis...
x*Warrior Tank*x
x*Arawn*x
x*BadaBing*x

The age approximation is correct, but the rest I have not seen anywhere in the Bible... It is probably a scientific hypothesis...
that happens to be totally incorrect... people dont die because of the environment, we die due to apoptosis of the cells
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

that happens to be totally incorrect... people dont die because of the environment, we die due to apoptosis of the cells
What you mean to say is that that is the definition of death by old age. Not everyone dies the same way. It is also quite possible for environment to kill. We cannot survive in a highly radioactive environment with no protection, as an example.
x*Warrior Tank*x
x*Arawn*x
x*BadaBing*x

What you mean to say is that that is the definition of death by old age. Not everyone dies the same way. It is also quite possible for environment to kill. We cannot survive in a highly radioactive environment with no protection, as an example.
even so, a thicker atmosphere and the like which he mentions is ludicrous. thicker atmosphere would either a) kill us or b) cause global warming to the extent of killing us

it is absurd to take the bible word for word as fact as to the history of the earh
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Depends on the form of radiation, light is a form of radiation, only deadly with MASSIVE sun bathing tho