Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Freeze skill needs an update

So i was thinking about the freeze skill and as far as i know it's a total waste to use it. It's like a shield bash equivelant skill but then worse. At least shield bash deals some damage(?) and stuns the enemy for a certain time. But the effect won't be cancelled by a hit.

Maybe these solutions would make the freeze skill less bad:

-make it a non evadable skill like double attack
-reduce cooldown and energy cost so if it misses you can recast it fast
- Let it do damage as well. Not as powerfull as your main skills like bolt or shards but half of that damage.(2k damage max?)
-let it stun a opponement and a short bolas slowing effect after the freeze is broken
-make it insta cast so you can intterupt skills of bosses fast.

Let me know what you think about this. And should i post this in the feedback topic too?

Cheers mizza
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Freeze skill needs an update

Freeze could probably be updated, but it's totallllyyy not a waste to use it. I have a shadow freeze skull for 25% quicker cooldown and will often times go "mage tank" build with it. I will rebirth to about 1000 focus and 1000 vitality, use my 190 stonebark set, and max lure/shards/iceblast/eshield/attune. This gives me around 9k hp with about a 3k energy shield that can be double/triple casted sometimes depending on the mob. Focus is a little low, but as an ice mage I still do quite a bit of damage. You will need plenty of energy and hp sigs (not too much energy with such little focus) for this build, but it's VERY good for a lot of situations. I actually like to call it my "infinite hp" build. This is also what I use if I feel like going PVP for a little fun...nearly unstoppable.

At bosses, I will use freeze to interrupt skills while the tank's bash is on cooldown...it isn't too hard to time it. Just start casting freeze the second you see the boss begin to cast a skill, and the group as a whole stays alive much better.

At Mordris, freezing the Priestess with a couple other mages with freeze skulls is a VERY viable method of completing the kill quickly.

Yes, but shield bash is the same as freeze, but then better. Freeze is only worth it with a hrung skull as far as i know. Mages in lugh don't rly use the skill anymore due to the extreme amounts of evasions and energy usage. And only one person has to auto the mob accidentely and the freeze is gone. All i am saying is that this skill requires some perfection
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

With 3 mages you are going to keep Priestess frozen - with very few evades as most hit her - and get on with downing Mord quick. Good skill for bosses but tend not to use it for normal day to day stuff. Not the lamest mage skill.
d5
d5
lvl193 warrior
lvl116 ranger
lvl111 mage
lvl110 druid
lvl178 rogue
lvl140 mage
lvl196 mage
lvl142 rogue

Who makes freeze lvl 50? I would also rather having an effect of being able to take x dmg before broken, although that means a lot of dmg, so x time when its unbreakable.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

There is that strange effect with Priestess where if you make the skill higher than 190 then it breaks. You have to set freeze skill at 37 for Priestess. Don't know why you would go with 50 but perhaps some other mage can offer an explanation
D5
d5
lvl193 warrior
lvl116 ranger
lvl111 mage
lvl110 druid
lvl178 rogue
lvl140 mage
lvl196 mage
lvl142 rogue

There is that strange effect with Priestess where if you make the skill higher than 190 then it breaks. You have to set freeze skill at 37 for Priestess. Don't know why you would go with 50 but perhaps some other mage can offer an explanation
D5
Its not really an effect, its just that the strongest freeze will stay, so if u have lvl 38 freeze and the rest have 37 then a 38 could replace them but 37 couldnt replace the 38. When all mages have it at lvl 37, they can just loop.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Yes, but shield bash is the same as freeze, but then better. Freeze is only worth it with a hrung skull as far as i know. Mages in lugh don't rly use the skill anymore due to the extreme amounts of evasions and energy usage. And only one person has to auto the mob accidentely and the freeze is gone. All i am saying is that this skill requires some perfection
i use freeze at lv 85+ so far and it works well for soloing, lets sigils work because i think freeze lasts longer than bash, and it lets your cooldowns come back. i used this to solo pirates who do a lot of damage, and my brother is never on anymore, so it helps when not relying on a druid/ other dps. on dot mobs, sure its not as helpful, but the cooldown thing still applies.
but i agree that a buff needs to happen, either a garunteed hit or lower cast/cost. because missing a freeze solo leveling can mean death if you need to hit it.
Epona
EternalPower lv100
EternalHeal lv61
EternalFrost lv87
EternalShadow lv65
EternalAshes lv63
EternalWall lv37
N00B 4 LIFE :lol:
If you get hacked or scammed, dont quit, i didnt.
I do give signature updates!