Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage isnt a serious dps anymore :/

Hey otm
Could u plz balance mage and rogues plz ? Every boss kill s a rogue kill now
A rogue with 5k hp can outdmg a mage with 1k .
Take it in consideration for the futur plz.
I m not saying that rogues shouldnt take kills but i think a little buff on mage dmg skills would not be pointless.

Now comment rogues lol

Mage ftw

Re: Mage isnt a serious dps anymore :/

Hm mages still take kills it just depends on what skills they have and if they're ice or fire. Could also depend on rings. But yes i guess mages could get a buff but this might also unbalance the pvp aspect of the game. My 103 ice mage can take out warriors up to 119 and rangers 130. Idk if buffing him would make pvp fair and it kinda already isent.
XxsilencexX- lvl 187+ rogue(main)
Scoutshooter- lvl 145+ ranger(retired)
Blastshooter- lvl 105+ mage(PvP)
World- Taranis
Clan- Pride

You're going to get a bunch of rogues on this thread saying how weak rogues are :lol: :lol: Here's a fact: in MMOs you ususally have the top DPS have the lowest armor. It's called being a "glass cannon". But in this game, the top DPS can also tank because they have better armor than caster classes. Right now, this game is tipped toward melee classes, with rogues being the most notable example because they always are able to use target lock to grab a mob because of their high damage and instant damage skills. If you are battling a rogue for a mob in PVE, you might as well go home if you are not a rogue.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Otm apparently has everything fixed in the new engine. However, if that is not the case, a Mage is more likely to loose the kill to a rogue now especially since, as Bitey said, almost everything is geared toward the melee classes. A Mage without sigils is not even "in the game" for dps anymore.

You're going to get a bunch of rogues on this thread saying how weak rogues are :lol: :lol: Here's a fact: in MMOs you ususally have the top DPS have the lowest armor. It's called being a "glass cannon". But in this game, the top DPS can also tank because they have better armor than caster classes. Right now, this game is tipped toward melee classes, with rogues being the most notable example because they always are able to use target lock to grab a mob because of their high damage and instant damage skills. If you are battling a rogue for a mob in PVE, you might as well go home if you are not a rogue.
Omg perfectly said

Mage ftw

Here's a fact: in MMOs you ususally have the top DPS have the lowest armor. It's called being a "glass cannon".
So goddam true.. Guild Wars taught me this well. You could be a warrior and cc (crowd control) with high regeneration and armour, or be a "glass cannon" and demolish whole groups while sacrificing health and armour.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I am a rogue and i can officially say rogues dont get the kills every time. You're probably basing this topic off of a rogue with all event and mordris items. Well yeah a rogue with all that will out dps most mages. A mage that is geared the right way can take out a boss and get the kill no problem
The rogue will out dps the mage every time unless the mage has amazing gear and has spent bucket loads of cash on sigils. We are not debating who can throw more cash at their character, we are trying to balance them.

This game is obviously geared far more towards the melee classes, theres really no debating that, its a fact.
Now how do we fix it?
For mages- Evades should be reduced and skill dmg fluctuation should be changed to top 25% of skill dmg only, and a slight armour boost should be added (frozen warrior bp has more armour than full dl, pretty ridiculous).
For druid- e cost should be reduced
For rangers- they need a minor (as in noticibly different, but no overkill) dps boost
For warriors/rogues- these are the classes i based the changes off of
This would work well to balance imo
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Couldn't have said it myself. As to those justifying mages being good at 'low level' pvp. May I just stress the LOW and the PVP part. Not once have I ever had a thought, oh I better find the best PVP build to get better end game gear.
SeverousSnape L200 Mage
RaunchyRogue L196 Rogue
Mischievous L160 Ranger
AbsolouteZero L150 Druid

General of Aeon
I collect "things"