Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Shield for mage?

I've been playing for a few months and I'm ready for a good offhand. My initial thought was shield of the rampart because I currently struggle to stay alive when I don't have a tank or a druid to stand over me and constantly heal. 200 armor and evasions sound like they would be helpful, and with the 60 vitality it gives, I could probably take at least 50 from my vitality and put it into focus. Do any mages do this, and is it a good option? Or would I be better off buying focus of the seer for a similar price for the 200 focus and 20 regen?

Re: Shield for mage?

If you solo, shield most likely is a better idea. If you are with people alot in bosses or leveling pick the 200 focus, because you don't need a shield if your not being hit :)
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

many ppl try it, if u can afford the shield and the focus its good for u, but if u can then u most likely can afford pots and elixirs for higher dps

i would suggest shield tho for soloing, also i believe Superman lvled with a shield to 190 or so (or maybe he still does) and did well according to his posts (druid btw)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I have used a shield from 170-189, and I would highly reccomend it. Once I get my dl offhand I will use it most of the time, but even then I will still keep the shield for fighting lower bosses and etc.

A few numbers that I have always thought were interesting:
The amount of armor on a mage with full dl: 272
The amount of armor on a warrior's dl bp: 271
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

I have used a shield from 170-189, and I would highly reccomend it. Once I get my dl offhand I will use it most of the time, but even then I will still keep the shield for fighting lower bosses and etc.

the warrior's dl bp needs higher armour, good thing u checked this.

That's true, but I'm pretty sure the point of that was to show that Mages, in full dragonlord armor (the best armor available to them), equals to barely that of a warriors bp.
BarbellaReign-192
Tic-183
DrNovaKane-180+
Have you ever noticed that when people like something, they don't tell anyone, but when they hate something, they tell everyone?

That's true, but I'm pretty sure the point of that was to show that Mages, in full dragonlord armor (the best armor available to them), equals to barely that of a warriors bp.
sarcasm, mages' and druid's armour suck, at least druid got bark, mages really suck with that