Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: mages on update 3

What about adding a poison spell? Hit the target with poison, does (?) damage per tic.
+1
+1
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Mabon - !^! Ranger
Mabon - @* Druid

What of a spell that either speeds up, by some percentage, either your skill casting rate, or spell recharge rate? Or lowers the chance of interruption?

Perhaps an ice spell that armors and immobilizes a subject briefly, usable on friends so they have a chance to get healed by someone else?

Wall of ice/fire/whatever to either keep a foe from chasing you or to keep them from moving around so much? Possibly causing damage?

Disenchant...taking ongoing spells off a target?

Illusion...making duplicates of your character that foes might randomly attack instead of you?

Flare/flash to blind a target ( so they lose track of whomever they're targeting, and have to reacquire aggro, or their attack chance drops)?

Enchantment of ice/fire/magic...adding extra damage of type X to your or someone else's weapon?
BaronGwyn, of Arawn
Mage

Hi there, so far we are looking at skills like:

Area effect damage (all enemies near the target will also get damaged)
Large single energy attack (burn energy in exchange for damage)
Sacrifice health for energy (can gift energy to others with this also)
Lure of magic

and some other stuff - if there's anything in particular you want let me know.
Can you reduce the amount of energy ice shards uses :D
Jakes Aura
206 - Rogue
Retired and came back - Playing this magnificent game for fun

admin and others, your post gave me an idea. Freezing touch; basically you have to be close enough to hit the enemy. Then it would deal DOT (damage over time) and freeze the enemy for like 10 seconds and would be broken if the target took damage. However! if it was broken by normal melee attack, that blow would do double (or 1.5x, whatever balances the spell well) damage!

This would be really cool and help with ice shards cooldown time but also make mages more useful in groups.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

hmm mabye the DOT would unfreeze the target... I don't know much about programming. But if DOT freeze which is broken by other damage cant be done, mabye make the freeze damage take effect as they UNfreeze. I'm a biologist and that actually makes more sense and would be cool :). Freezing does damage cells when they freeze but the effects wouldn't be seen untill they are unfrozen.

Other cool aspects:

if the freeze is broken by a normal melee hit, the melee (mabye only crushing) hit does enhanced damage, and the unfreeze damage still takes effect too. This would make something like a yulestave have extra utility since it has crushing damage in addition. Also warriors obviously would love this and the extra damage the warrior or other melee class does would ensure the caster wasn't agro'd.

have to be within arms reach of the opponent to cast. this adds to he challenge a bit.

Philosophy:

Sure this is a complex skill and may take some time to program but my philosophy is less skills the better. Its better to make each skill complex, widley useful, and rewarding than to have a ton of skills where many never get used (think diablo 2). Also the less skills you have, the less skills there are to keep balanced.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki