Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mages need to deal more damage

Hi there, in the new update there are a bunch of new skills.

Mages are getting a new higher damage nuke and also area effect damage spells. This should make them more unique damage dealers and differentiate them from melee damage classes.

Thanks!
Big deal. We both know you have no idea what you're doing.

It's been obvious since day one that OTM has no clue how to develop this class. In CH mages are just slow under-armored ranged tanks. We have the worst armor, the weakest weapons, the highest energy costs, the slowest skills... the list goes on. Mages are supposed to be fast heavy damage dealers, not slow weak meat shields. We have zero agro control (calm, taunt, distract), we have no ability to slow or stop a mob from moving (bolas, roots), even the range of our skill attacks are pathetic. Every skill besides fire bolt is easily interrupted. What is the point of being skill based if your skills are crippled in combat?

OTM get a goddamn clue. Right now mages are a worthless class. Cloak of fire isn't enough to justify an entire class... Stop making useless skills like energy boost. Stop making useless weapons like the meteoric wand. Stop giving bosses enormous resists for fire and ice. Instead of thinking of ways to keep mages in check, try thinking of ways to validate this class. If you don't want mages to be tanks then stop orienting our skills and stat usefulness to that end. Look at rangers, you did a decent job there. They can heal, do outstanding dps, slow mobs, attack from a great distance, and so on. Think more 'rangers with magic' and less 'naked tanks with terrible dps.'

Let me just reiterate: mages are slow, weak, and pointless. "Unique damage deal[ing]" isn't gonna cut it, especially when you give everything huge resists to mage specific damage. Just like the Six Million Dollar Man mages need a rebuild. You have the technology. You can make them better than they were. Better... stronger... faster.
Wow, I agree with most of this. I am sure they know what they are doing so I have hope for the future.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)