Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mages need to deal more damage

I agree. Mages have a long cast time and need more damage per cast. I have the highest recoreded skill attack in Danu and it is only half the highest attack of the highest recored attack. Given the Ranger is five lvls higher than be but the damage needs to lined with what mages are suppose to do and that is inflict damage with magic. Right now we are not able to like I feel we should.

I agree, something needs to be done, I am just not sure what.

Mages, Rouges and Rangers should be the DPS classes...and they should all be relatively equal, but they are not. Right now I think, from most to least, it goes Rouge then Ranger, and Mage is at the bottom (I could be wrong).

Regardless, Warriors should be the tank class who can hold agro well, but have low DPS. This is not the case because it seems most warriors have higher DPS than me (I am ranked 3rd in Mages for skils hits on my world the last time I checked).

If I can be out damaged by Warriors, what is the motivation to have a Mage in a group?

Increasing our damage may only be part of the balancing equation, we may need to look at decreasing Warrior damage too.
World: Belenus
Mage: Aengus 224 (retired)
Warrior: ???? 56

I agree, something needs to be done, I am just not sure what.

Mages, Rouges and Rangers should be the DPS classes...and they should all be relatively equal, but they are not. Right now I think, from most to least, it goes Rouge then Ranger, and Mage is at the bottom (I could be wrong).

Regardless, Warriors should be the tank class who can hold agro well, but have low DPS. This is not the case because it seems most warriors have higher DPS than me (I am ranked 3rd in Mages for skils hits on my world the last time I checked).

If I can be out damaged by Warriors, what is the motivation to have a Mage in a group?

Increasing our damage may only be part of the balancing equation, we may need to look at decreasing Warrior damage too.
what makes damage so high for a warrior is full-out str. For maximum damage, a slow weapon would have to be used. DPS is a rate at which damage is done. You can hit 70's on average and still have amazing dps

Also, there is nothing wrong with the skills for a warrior.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Blaze,

You make a good point about warriors. Honestly, I am just frustrated by constantly running into the following scenario:

See a mob. Run up and start casting Ice Shards. Wait. Wait. Wait. Warrior runs in and kills the mob in one shot. Wait. Get message "Target is dead".

Like I originally said, something needs to be done. I am just not sure what.
World: Belenus
Mage: Aengus 224 (retired)
Warrior: ???? 56

Blaze,

You make a good point about warriors. Honestly, I am just frustrated by constantly running into the following scenario:

See a mob. Run up and start casting Ice Shards. Wait. Wait. Wait. Warrior runs in and kills the mob in one shot. Wait. Get message "Target is dead".

Like I originally said, something needs to be done. I am just not sure what.
I hate that. And I like to lead with ice shards or lure because once you are getting hit, you are unlikely to be able to cast it without interruption.
Ta 180 Druid, Keri 191 Mage, June 102 Warrior, Rex 182 Rogue
Proud AvaloNian

Casting is a pain sometimes. You can't blame the melee players, because they don't know if you are just standing there or not.

Maybe add a quick (Almost instant) spell to attract the mob. Since this spell is not meant for major damage, make it weak.
As for damage, you can always decrease cooldown and add 1-2 more damage spells.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)