Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage survive ability

What you guys dont get is better armor means heavier armor and heavier armor means more energy used. You're already complaining about energy usage, do you really want to have another reason to complain about how fast energy gets depleted? Fact of the matter is, there's always something to complain about but there are reasons for them doing what they do. People want the perfect class but you wont get it. It's never good enough for some people.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

What you guys dont get is better armor means heavier armor and heavier armor means more energy used. You're already complaining about energy usage, do you really want to have another reason to complain about how fast energy gets depleted? Fact of the matter is, there's always something to complain about but there are reasons for them doing what they do. People want the perfect class but you wont get it. It's never good enough for some people.
actually all it means is more weight which only lowers your total energy not increase energy used

If you gave mages the same armor rating and weight as a warrior we would be far better off. Weight lowers you max energy which mages usually have plenty of. The issue isn't not enough max energy our energy issue is energy recovery speed. You can have as much or as little energy as you want but if you don't recover it fast enough you will run out.
The weight thing works like a silly excuse to make classes have low armor. Plus warrior armor isn't even that heavy (look at astral).
An armor buff would be nice but the what would help most would be fixing the idiotic fluctuation levels and evades. Skills usually only deal about 1/2 to 2/3 of the damage they should even when a mob is lured to death. Its one thing on bosses but normal mobs you train on (1-3 star mobs) should have very very low evade rates and the fluctuation should be in the top 20%. The way the current damage system is set up is really very silly.
Another issue is how easy some skills are to interupt. The ones that stick out to me as a fire mage are ofc firestorm and lure of fire which can be interrupted especially firestorm. Energy shield gets interrupted a ton and energy boost has a very very long cast time and is too easy to interrupt. The cast time of energy boost should be lowered and energy shield should be very hard if not impossible to interrupt as it is supposed to prevent the other skills from being interrupted.
The cool downs of all lures, energy boost and both attunements should be lowered. The cool down of energy shield could be lowered by a bit but too low and it would be op.
These are reasonable adjustments to the game that would not over power mages in any way and some would help all classes ( like the fluctuation and evasion on 1-3 star mobs)
Mages are the class with the lowest armor and a small buff could be handy but there are also other things that can be fixed that would help more and help everyone and are, in my opinion, poorly planned defects in the game.

If I got more armour, I wouldn't need to have 500 points in vitality and would put them into focus, which will balance out the loss of maximum energy from additional weight.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I said this in another thread but it really applies to this one.

I don't understand why mage has the weakest armor when they cant touch rogues in dps late game.

I dueled a rogue my level, he killed me in 3 seconds and i was wearing pierce 350 resist hat and mix of dl and ancient beast. My energy shield is 900 damage and i have 4600 health. I didnt have enough time to cast fire storm and he evaded my fire bolt.

The game Guild Wars has a spell that heals elementals based on energy used. I think it would be a good spell for this game. Heal yourself for 10% of energy used.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon