Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage survive ability

I think what narco is getting at end game players
A rogue has triple the armour a mage has and a mage gets 10% more damage so a rogue has 300% more armour than a mage

Maybe a restoration of the eshield combined with an increased range on single target attack spells would help.
No because how would we solo? not getting hit with AOE's only matters for bossing, not solo leveling. Solo leveling is a much more important aspect of the game than bossing.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

I agree you need a 10-15% armour boost but the class is currently best in game and most balanced stop complaining we all have issues much worse then mages.
Lol name your issues that are worse than mages.

Mages have 1/3 the armor and cannot heal health. This automatically makes us the worst at solo leveling.
Mages have to have full energy regen lux PLUS a near maxed Eboost to keep up with our OWN energy. Let alone if we wanted to try to heal someone else's energy...
Mages and druids have no auto attack. Even if I cannot see the health bar anymore my auto attack still can't kill the monster.
Mages and druids have to blow through more energy for similar damage on our skills to other classes. And energy has to be regenerated...
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

The simple fact you bring rogues auto into this arguement shows you have no clue of my class but here i am to teach you

Currently i have full dragon gear and on a super combo on a boss i have around 4500 attack+ now i saw alot of misses on this boss so i thought i would test. So basiclly i was hitting with amazing gear around 30% of the time. My damage is close to 2k and my hits was doing between 180-290 each time so everytime i swung my bat i was getting an average of 80ish damage overall... Please do not bring rogues auto into it because without lures i hit 700-900 sneak attack and that cant be evaded and can be used every 45.

Now my smoke bomb was 47 at the time and took around 1k+ off the mob it turned out in that time i was only hitting around 40% which is a 33% increase in dps then you take the time to cast every 20 seconds and the fact it can be evened and your looking at a no more then 25% chane to increase dps.

Now same for expose i was hitting skills on mob around 60% of time (mages already have advantage here as there skills hit alot more then my auto) when i used at 45/40 it made me hit 90% of times on skills which was great and extra 50% dps for me - cast time maybe 45 so both put together give me around 70% extra dps (this is not true as i use skills and auto and both cant be used at same time but i am doing this for arguement sake)

So my support gives 70% dps

Check this out a mage with 47 fire lure and 48 fire lure cast on the same boss i went from hitting 240 average to around 1k+ average i believe highest was 1.3 and lowest 850 my sneak went up to 4k. So this improved my dps by around 400%

DO NOT COMPARE ROGUES INDIRECT DPS TO MAGES ITS STUPID THERE IS NO COMPETITION!!

Your not a top dog mage yet at high levels mages hit over 5k firebolts infact my friend does close to 5.8k top end and hit 5k+ all the time he destroys 1-3 star mobs in 3 skills. Mages only problem is solo leveling but its there only one problem, every class now has energy issues mages are only ones who can heal there's efficiently. Infact 3 classes are completely forced into using plat items for energy gain 100% as a rogue cant just auto a boss now 80%+ of my dps is my skills so if i auto a boss i do nothing.!

I said yes increase your armour but currently mages are decent in everything apart from solo level. So you have one bad thing rangers druids warriors rogues are all worse atm... Currently your the best class to be by far you can do so much... And your are the only class which can heal energy for others. The fact you moan constant annoys me beyond belief
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Brookie, well solo leveling is the most important aspect of the game. Sure it would be great if it wasn't needed but if you have a busy life and can't wait around all day for others to come on then you must solo level.

Yes sounds like attack is broken on bosses. We hear you. They probably did that because warriors have a new skill that lowers boss defense correct? (I'm not sure actually but i'm guessing)

And no other classes do not have energy regen issues even close to mages (and dps druids)! Simply put on a few pieces of energy regen lux and you are fine. Mages have energy regen issues EVEN WITH FULL energy regen lux! This means we are pigeonholed into having full energy regen lux and can't use anything that would boost our survivability, health regen, or DPS. Even with full energy regen lux, we have to waste 30-50 points into an energy regen skill JUST to keep up with our own energy.

Plus you are having energy regen issues because you are a lvl 180ish who has skill numbers that a lvl 240 should have lol. I have only 30/30 skills and can't keep up with energy on a mage.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

Brookie, well solo leveling is the most important aspect of the game. Sure it would be great if it wasn't needed but if you have a busy life and can't wait around all day for others to come on then you must solo level.

Yes sounds like attack is broken on bosses. We hear you. They probably did that because warriors have a new skill that lowers boss defense correct? (I'm not sure actually but i'm guessing)

And no other classes do not have energy regen issues even close to mages (and dps druids)! Simply put on a few pieces of energy regen lux and you are fine. Mages have energy regen issues EVEN WITH FULL energy regen lux! This means we are pigeonholed into having full energy regen lux and can't use anything that would boost our survivability, health regen, or DPS. Even with full energy regen lux, we have to waste 30-50 points into an energy regen skill JUST to keep up with our own energy.

Plus you are having energy regen issues because you are a lvl 180ish who has skill numbers that a lvl 240 should have lol. I have only 30/30 skills and can't keep up with energy on a mage.
This prove you hve know clue of the game i have 150 energy regen in boss fights and i skill need to pot alot!!!

If you think solo leveling a the most important thing in game then you are so mistaken. How many people do you see level so they can do bosses. How many people do bosses so they can level. What is the only end game thing you can do?? Boss i think you should check up cause you get 95% o your gear from bossing not solo levling

At the end of the day we dont have enough damage compared to what we have in armour i dont think anyone can argue otherwise all im asking is for similer survivability to other classes and ive even given suggestions of how this can be done without increasing damage
Its simple to work out if we die in 6 hits we should be able to kill in 6 hits
If a rogue or warrior for example dies in 20 hits it should take them about the same to kill that would be balanced
At the game at moment we dont live long enough compared to other classes pick some players clone them and count how many hits they take to die and how many hits they kill in and you will see
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

This prove you hve know clue of the game i have 150 energy regen in boss fights and i skill need to pot alot!!!

If you think solo leveling a the most important thing in game then you are so mistaken. How many people do you see level so they can do bosses. How many people do bosses so they can level. What is the only end game thing you can do?? Boss i think you should check up cause you get 95% o your gear from bossing not solo levling
Leveling is more important than bossing because 99% of the time you can just buy vendor gear and use that. You don't have to have quest gear to play. But most people have to solo level to play.

and like I said you have energy issues because you have 50/40 skills lol. The hard cap for the game is lvl 240 so you have the skill numbers a lvl 240 should have. If you want to deo that you should expect to need full energy regen lux and then some. I only have 30/30 skills and I have big issues with energy.

I think we have both made our points and I won't respond anymore to not derail us from the topic too much.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

I suggest you both need better gear. Mages can 3 hit kill 2 stars from what i have seen and they dont die in 3 hits thats for sure.. If you hve 30/30 skills where are you skill rings?? Dont bs -.- if you have damge rings then you deserve to die or here is a suggestion for all of you greater charstone rings... You won't have a problem then... Another 108 amour. I get 500ish full dragon. At the en of the day i you want to survive more then you need i sacrafice dps no doubt. I say triple mages armour but take 30-40% off all there dps skills... Then what can you moan about? You can't moan that you can't solo level cause thats what warriors have to put up with and you will still do more damage then them you would have more armour then a rogue with 2 different choices.

I am saying now every other class has bigger problem then you.

Hve you seen a ranger solo level?? Its a joke it takes them a stupid amount of time to kill the mobs a mage will do it in 10 seconds a ranger 1 min serious even with good gear they are a joke atm!

Druids have it much worse then you for solo leveling they hve same armour a little less dps no survive skills...

Rogues we can only solo with right build and great gear but even then it is very expensive and costs hundreds of pots and i mean hundreds...

Warriors they can be decent but it takes time and patients

Mages with good gear can do it with hundreds of pots just like rogues but they can't be set up for bosses. They need some dex just a little so they can dodge a bit, some vit at least 400+ rest focus. Dont tell me that is too many points to put into vit cause my mate was level 160 and had 58 points in focus and his gear made it up to 1000 focus... He could of had 700+ vit which is 4,2k health lol..

You need a little more armour 10-15% otherwise mages are fine you have 2 roles and excel on both of them to the point where you beat a class which has one role in there main role which is a joke! If all of a sudden rangers became better tankers then warriors i am sure people would be so confused. Why do mages constantly think when they have 2 or more roles. Energy heal, indirect dps and dps. That there dps should be the same as a class whih has 1 role which is striaght dps... Because rogues can survive more?? Wtf lmao are you kidding? I get destroyed on new bosses my agro is so high that i take boss of a warrior with 50 yes 50 taunt then a mage gets the kill!!! Hahaha dot make me laugh -.-!!

brookie, you are the friken mage killer... If you think mages are so amazing!!! and rouges suck so bad then throw away your stupid rouge and play on your mage...
As mages we are just trying to get mages to the point where it matches the description in the game ok?
description:
Mages are ELITE SPELLCASTERS who channel fire and ice to defeat their foes. They have an arsenal of POWERFUL spells which deal damage, BOOST THE DAMAGE of their allies and WEAKEN THEIR ENEMIES DEFENCES.

So as you can see from the description mages acctualy do have 3 rolls to play. IMAGINE THAT!!!
Now we are not saying that mages need to have more dps then rouges do, if we wanted that we would want our weapons to be doing acctual damage. Due to the fact that we can do no damage whatsoever with our weapons means we in fact do not have more dps then rouges. All of our damage comes from spells, where does yours come from? hmm armor, weapon, skills... you have far more advantages then us you have way more damage then us, all we are asking for is a friken armor boost!!! is that to much to ask?
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

BTW... my friend has full dragon mage armor. Guess how much armor he has? 272... with full dragon all he has is 272 armor hes a lvl 181 mage with full dragon!!!
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon