Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage survive ability

Hey all, mage are fine
i use full dl with offhand and mainhand i have
5k hp rest all focus, if your sick of your armour theres a sheild in shop for 500k get that, simple you will still be getting kills over rogue's...
49 incinerate
49 firestorm
40 firelure
40 fire attunement
50 firebolt
dragon fury depending if u want the sheild for more armour

Like im happy with my mage,
you all should be too,..
Wait till sigils are nerfed to their designed use and repost this. I would also like to see you post the same for ice.

Guys really stop complaining. I had a level 111 mage out dpsing a level 150 ranger easily alltrough he was dps. Mages are skillfull, they aren't ment to take heavy armour. Cast your skills then freeze it. Is it honestly that hard? If your mage keeps dieieng it's YOUR fault, not otm's

Guys really stop complaining. I had a level 111 mage out dpsing a level 150 ranger easily alltrough he was dps. Mages are skillfull, they aren't ment to take heavy armour. Cast your skills then freeze it. Is it honestly that hard? If your mage keeps dieieng it's YOUR fault, not otm's
Then how about you post a guide on surviving and being a great dps mage if you are so wise and knowledgeable about the class. If it is all of our faults then tell us what we are doing wrong. And every class is easy at 111.
Also if a 150 dps is losing to anyone who is level 111 then he has a terrible build. If by out dpsing him you mean getting the lock first, good for you, read about how target lock works.

As for everyone saying how mages have great dps and should be happy or mages don't have great dps....
Yes mages have excellent potential for dps, however you will only have amazing dps at higher levels if you blow a ton on sigils. But this post is about survivability, not dps, mage dps is fine. I am also ok with having high energy consumption. The post is about having more than just energy shield as a survival tool for mages.

Grats on most retarded post of the week. Clearly, with your all-knowing wisdom you obtained while getting level 111 you are now qualified to opine on the mage class as a whole.

Drive-thru, you provide nothing of value and are trolling.
<Avalon>
MolonLabe 193 Mage
JohnGalt 220+ Ranger
DoubleFlusher 140 + Rogue

oh btw i use freeze its not that easy and if i subbed in e shield i would only have ice shards as a damage skill and no ice blast

The fire build wasn't nerfed at all, and there are people that didn't even use eshield and blast before they nerfed mage, and they didn't die all the time, too! The thing is: you need to use pots, as every class does, then you won't die that quick. If you die you have to wait for your attunement to recharge, I agree that sucks alot but that's no reason to cry

time for mage update drop the eshield n give us a armor boost skill or something at a higher lvl ehield does save ur life ye but borgs can basically one hit it :/ we need armor for eshield to work properly im tired of running around with my druid so i dont spend millions on pots, idols, lix ect to level :(
Dont say get a sheild cause i have doesnt help much been forced to spend $$ on a hefty ammount of sigs
Try to go ice build ye its great 2 hit mobs but if i miss i die
Not only do my dmg spells evade quite a bit but my lures and freeze evade alot aswell and with 3k+ fire/ice ability u would think not to miss as much?
Another thing with lures we got enough splash dmg y not give us a group lure to max our potential to kill mobs before we get gang banged :/ lire 1 mob hit all for 2k dmg and kill 1 for 6k the other mobs kill u next few hit:/
Ive even tried vit build with radiant ect for defence got some hrunj armor rings ect armor at about 600 defence 1500 8k life but now i got crap for dps and guess what! I still get killed easily lol
Give us armor put some defence on our dl give us some sort of way to live my abilitys r maxed and i still dont evade enough
Would also help if u made attune faster spells like a 3 min cool down :/
Only way i can live is to run lol
Give some change for mages +1
MrSpoonz level 202+ Mage
Maintenance level 183+ Druid
Breach level 190+ Rogue
MeatShield level 180+ Warrior
TrueShots level 180+ Ranger
TheClanBank level 91 bank :p
World: Mabon
Clan: Elite

For me personally I really like the concept behind the freeze skill but by virtue of the fact that it can be so easily broken by either unwitting friend or would-be foe, it's current format is not fit for purpose in an mmo.
I also agree that allowing a mage to continue casting spells without breaking the effect would be indeed be overpowered, and that an interruptible freeze would quickly be made a tool for griefing.
The best solution as I see it would be to make the skill an ethereal shroud that effects the caster. It would for all intents and purposes remove the mage from combat to allow for sigil regeneration, and cause a temporary cessation of any pre-existing conditions that would hold back sigil effects (vines etc).
The mage could still be attacked, and could even still retain aggro, but would not be able to take any hits. The effect would immediately cancel in the event of the mage performing any action besides movement.
Because the spell would be cast on the mage himself, skill points would either have to either effect duration or else be linked to the level of the caster.

i dont have problems with mages, but they should get armour boost
druids got bark, and mages got e shield
but the diffrence is that bark wont expire if u recast it, and cost tons of less energy, and when u use bark the dmg u recieve is reduced, but with e.shield, its just like using abudance (well very high one) with tons of energy cost

also as for energy issues (for all classes), i would suggest adding to future armour energy cost reduced
now first ppl told me 'cooldown and energy cost reduced? thats OP'. but no, if i'll pay for my energy to use the skills or if i wont need to pay and still use, i'll have same dps
now imo maybe next questline armour, after update, adding to each piece of the set "energy cost of all skills reduced by X%"
should be useful imo, that way when u get higher skill lvl from gear, it'll also cover for the energy and sometimes lost dmg (beastbone gloves are better for dmg than dl, and no energy cost)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex