Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage survive ability

Mmk so I'm a Mage, lvl 134 on awarn, yes I know I'd still be considered a noob to some people but I have good reputability on awarn and compare notes with the high lvl mages there and tend to think the same.
Anyways, as I read this topic I only made it to page 5 and I see how all the typical mags topics go, Marco saying how horrible we are and Brookie saying how op we are amd rogues suck, but in all honesty that's not the point of this topic, nobody will care if all you do is complain over and over rather than put up reasonable responces like vreleans on page 2.

Earlier I read someone say the key to mages is balance, cause yes a lot of us mages go full focus and are fully dependent on our energy shields. But this is cause vitality is sorta like, every 100 points equals one boss hit you can survive.

For skills, I think they need to adjust energyshield, Maybe a 20% boost in armour, I'm not saying give me a rogues armour but I am saying I'm tired of getting my butt handed back to me by a 2* boggan.

Our damage is perfect, leave it be, it's not high, it's not low, some say it's huge and we made rogues useless but I still see 2 rogues to every Mage so it must not be that bad lets be honest. Nobody's accounts for missing, cool downs, and interruptions paired with no auto attack.

Thing is, even with the issues mages have, on page 5 I think Lego said it right, if you know what your doing it's not that hard to level. EKG on my server, lvl 195, I've never heard complain about anything Mage and I talk to him bout it a ton. LordDoctor and me will occasionally lash out in whisper about how bad an area is but we also conclude a reasonable fix and get back to leveling like always, Admins are fixing the survivalability of us so lets let that go and see how perfect this class really is.

P.s. saw someone say we suck at pvp, your 100% wrong, second best class and depending on oppenent build sometimes best.
World: Arawn
Clan: Serenity
Main Class: Unknown even to me
Omicron:Ranger
Dent:Mage

Hey Red, just adding a little side note. Visc doesn't complain because of the 3k energy and health sigs. :shock: Lol

+1 though. There have been plenty of suggestions and the point is to add more and discuss them. Hopefully these ideas will reach someone in OTM and one day we'll all cheer to a patch that helps class balance.

Anyways, as I read this topic I only made it to page 5 and I see how all the typical mags topics go, Marco saying how horrible we are and Brookie saying how op we are amd rogues suck,
:lol: Funniest thing I've read in a while.
For skills, I think they need to adjust energyshield, Maybe a 20% boost in armour, I'm not saying give me a rogues armour but I am saying I'm tired of getting my butt handed back to me by a 2* boggan.
Yes! amist my "complaints" I have been giving suggestions like this. Honestly my take is that I would rather not have a boost in armor, just a boost in DPS to make me kill things before they kill me. And yes I get pwned by 2* boggans everyday.

And though it seems I'm complaining what I'm really doing is laying out all the problems on the table so other people can give suggestions, and OTM can think of unique ways to solve the problems. My philosophy is that if we all understand the problems, we can much better find solutions. If we just propose solutions without understanding the problems, the solutions would be lacking at best. At worse cause more problems than they fix. *cough* target lock *cough*
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Josh is a nice guy and i dont want mages nurfed at all im just saying there perfect how they are and should be appreciated ;)
They really aren't. If you want to compete with rogue dps you need to buy ALOT of sigils, you can't solo level well at all (druid is the only class worse), have horrible armor, and no auto attack.

You're comparing a rogue (lower level rogue and not utilizing sigils) to a mage (higher level and has spent money on sigils). Not a very good comparison.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Josh is a nice guy and i dont want mages nurfed at all im just saying there perfect how they are and should be appreciated ;)
They really aren't. If you want to compete with rogue dps you need to buy ALOT of sigils, you can't solo level well at all (druid is the only class worse), have horrible armor, and no auto attack.

You're comparing a rogue (lower level rogue and not utilizing sigils) to a mage (higher level and has spent money on sigils). Not a very good comparison.

Right but druids are better to solo level in my experience at least because they can heal themselves well for very low energy. Mages cannot heal their energy well, and for sacrifice it takes a ton of health. So this just translates into mages needing much more sigils than druids.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Right but druids are better to solo level in my experience at least because they can heal themselves well for very low energy. Mages cannot heal their energy well, and for sacrifice it takes a ton of health. So this just translates into mages needing much more sigils than druids.
Ssh! He's supporting Mages. Don't get on the Druid's bad side. -.-

When are they planning on fixing this? I'm wearing second best armour, ancient beastbone and using a shield. The Chosen Firbolgs have a skill that hit me in the 1800's, with 400-600 damage from attacks. That's while wearing a 250 slash resist bear hat. Spamming restos doens't help much, nor does 3500 health.

Don't get me started on killing Killian. Mages and Druids need higher armour rating asap.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

Hey all, mage are fine
i use full dl with offhand and mainhand i have
5k hp rest all focus, if your sick of your armour theres a sheild in shop for 500k get that, simple you will still be getting kills over rogue's...
49 incinerate
49 firestorm
40 firelure
40 fire attunement
50 firebolt
dragon fury depending if u want the sheild for more armour

Like im happy with my mage,
you all should be too,..
CLAN (Kudos) Ex ascension

Mage(BeAtTz) lv 228 badass mage DPS
first 220 mage
First 200 mage
first 190 mage

Hey all, mage are fine
5k hp rest all focus, if your sick of your armour theres a sheild in shop for 500k get that, simple you will still be getting kills over rogue's...
49 incinerate
49 firestorm
40 firelure
40 fire attunement
50 firebolt

you all should be too,..
How many sigils do you have?

Hey all, mage are fine
49 incinerate
49 firestorm
40 firelure
40 fire attunement
50 firebolt

you all should be too,..
have you tried out ice mage?