Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Before and after

So, how much have you guys needed to change your playing style? Lure stinks now and I decided I wanted armour with resists on it. These are my changes.
I am now wearing this...
I would like to see how you guys have approached the update :)
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

Re: Before and after

I went the same route except for the wand.
Instead of the Ancient Golden Scepter I bought the Golden Scepter of Blizzards. I really regret blowing around 65k on it... Aside from the animation it doesn't seem any different damage-wise than my old Vicious Scepter. Maybe that's just because Mage spells are now whiffle balls and wands are hollow plastic bats.

Hi there

Just to let you know what has changed, we haven't made any changes to lures, the only thing that changed was we fixed a bug for enemies where their resist could go below 0 which caused all sorts of funny damage numbers to happen (like the 32000 damage from a cloak of fire on one mob)

However we realise that mages are having some troubles so we are reducing the cold/heat resists on some enemies especially the bosses and the fire/ice enemies so you should find things better after a patch early next week and the lures will have much more visible effect on these mobs.

Thanks!

We wouldn't have so many problems with damage if we could actually use the lure.. I think even more important than decreasing npc resists is to allow us to even use lure at all. If the max damage we are going to do (my level) is 200... I am already doing 150 damage when lure actually works vrs the high level mobs. So what we need is that lures be higher range, when you agro an enemy it doesn't super-speed run to attack you (which makes no sense), and then we are good. I don't know what we are damage wise compared to equal level rangers and warriors at high levels so idk if fire bolt needs an increase in damage or not.

The damage cap has to go, look the the largest skills hit leaderboard on game center. The highest is 933 while I'm down in 257th hitting 232. I thought mages were supposed to do the most skills damage, but it is impossible to do that now. Coupled with our crappy melee damage wands(which should be the way they are, I'm not complaining about them) we are now a weak force.
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

The lv55 npc mages do 50 damage to my warrior with their melee attack... sigh

And the guy with 933 is totally crazy lol. He is on my server. I think he probably maxed out the rogue skill and strength, then attacked a village dog.

We wouldn't have so many problems with damage if we could actually use the lure.. I think even more important than decreasing npc resists is to allow us to even use lure at all. If the max damage we are going to do (my level) is 200... I am already doing 150 damage when lure actually works vrs the high level mobs. So what we need is that lures be higher range, when you agro an enemy it doesn't super-speed run to attack you (which makes no sense), and then we are good. I don't know what we are damage wise compared to equal level rangers and warriors at high levels so idk if fire bolt needs an increase in damage or not.
Agreed 100%. The range of lures need to be greatly improved more than anything.

The whole problem with lures is that you can't cast them as a lead attack. On many mobs you can't even cast it during combat. It makes lures nearly useless. The worst part is that Mages have to cast two skills (lure followed by the corresponding magic attack) to do damage comparable with a single skill in other classes. So yes, lowering resistances will help but not by much if we can't use lures to begin with.