Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why mages are mad.

Ice Barage (50 dmg per skill lvl + damage equal to four times the player level), 1 min cooldown

eg:
lvl 25 mage with 15 Ice Barage would do 850 dmg (50x15+100)
lvl 50 mage with 20 Ice Barage would do 1200 dmg (50x20+200)
lvl 100 mage with 25 ice Barage would do 1650 dmg (50x25+400)
I like this. It would have to be nerfed in PvP though as I can see the complaints already. :P

Oh yeh - didnt think about PvP, but easily turned off for PVP battles, same way you cant cast bandage wounds on a PVP opponent

:D
ChopstikNinja - Regretfully Retired from Celtic Heroes
Highest rank:Top 10 or so across all servers September?? 2014
Dollars Spent: $210?? Give or take $20
World: Crom
Class: Mage
Level: 206+
Senior Publicist, The Dal Riata Enquirer

Although very new to this game, I have played many other questing games. With that said ...

I tried characters of all classes, outfit them with the best lux and a lot of plat ... Mages pretty much suck after level 20 or so ... Simply not worth the time and money to develop ... Sad but true, Mage is NOT the class you want to play if you want to have fun. IMHO

Easy fix aswell, change the ammount of energy per focus. Also definetly make casting less costly. Im a 130 mage i cant stand it that my shield costs over 1000 energy or my ice shards cost 300 to cast. Solo 1 high level mob and your blastin pots to stay alive.
Lets become problem solvers now
Mages arent DPS we are caster and do massive damage randomly
Solve that by less cool down on ice shards
Every mage is running out of energy, there is a problem right there. Focus to energy needs to come up.
Lower cost of cast
Instant cast on lures no more of that let me bow and raise and there we go casted.. Shoot it endured it
Warriors and rogues use zero focus yet all dex and hp.. Problem, both stats that mage needs vanishes during battle, warrios dont lose dex when whoopin up on mobs so they only lose hp while still doing the same damage over the entire battle
If i were a developer id be checking out other games with mages and get a few ideas to bring the consumer.
I love the game and i plan to keep playing as my mage, it would just be better if you didnt just give us new armor to play with.

Dethdfire
Belenus
Elementals
DETHDFIRE-207 Mage
RAGELISHUS-215 Druid
HULKSMASH- 167 Warrior
MECHANIX- 126 Rogue
Fair Winds and Following Seas

Easy fix aswell, change the ammount of energy per focus. Also definetly make casting less costly. Im a 130 mage i cant stand it that my shield costs over 1000 energy or my ice shards cost 300 to cast. Solo 1 high level mob and your blastin pots to stay alive.
Lets become problem solvers now
Mages arent DPS we are caster and do massive damage randomly
Solve that by less cool down on ice shards
Every mage is running out of energy, there is a problem right there. Focus to energy needs to come up.
Lower cost of cast
Instant cast on lures no more of that let me bow and raise and there we go casted.. Shoot it endured it
Warriors and rogues use zero focus yet all dex and hp.. Problem, both stats that mage needs vanishes during battle, warrios dont lose dex when whoopin up on mobs so they only lose hp while still doing the same damage over the entire battle
If i were a developer id be checking out other games with mages and get a few ideas to bring the consumer.
I love the game and i plan to keep playing as my mage, it would just be better if you didnt just give us new armor to play with.

Dethdfire
Belenus
Elementals
here are a few things that would help.

Every auto attack you make takes energy. 1 pt for every 10 Str. So a rogue with 300 str with haste gloves and knuckle blades will blow through 3000 energy per min.
For every 10 points in Vit or Foc you get an extra 1 point of regen every tick.
sacrifice uses same formula as natures touch
Boost uses same formula as natures embrace
Make sigils tradeable.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I have read through all of the post on this topic. It seems there is one main problem that mages have: Energy

Each peice of FROZEN armour should come with a bonus to energy regen.

eg.

Frozen Gloves +1 energy regen
Frozen Boots +2 energy regen
Frozen Cowl +3 energy regen
Frozen Skirt +4 energy regen
Frozen Gown +5 energy regen

The existing stats of frozen armour for mage are not that good compared to the other classes, and a lot of mages dont even go for it.
ChopstikNinja - Regretfully Retired from Celtic Heroes
Highest rank:Top 10 or so across all servers September?? 2014
Dollars Spent: $210?? Give or take $20
World: Crom
Class: Mage
Level: 206+
Senior Publicist, The Dal Riata Enquirer

Although very new to this game, I have played many other questing games. With that said ...

I tried characters of all classes, outfit them with the best lux and a lot of plat ... Mages pretty much suck after level 20 or so ...
He's gotta be joking...level 20 and above? My mage at level 64 kills way faster than my level 65 ranger! My str ranger has golden armour and a quartz bow while my mage is still using the spellbound gown and no weapon!
JustKill-lv 37 Hybrid DPS ranger
JustBattle-lv 100 mage

JustKill/JB of Taranis

Honour above all else.

I’m pretty enraged with my mage ATM. He is currently just over level 125, and seems to have hit a premature brick wall! I was a caster class with high focus. I had to respec as he could not solo golems, even those at his own level, despite having maxed eshield (30/30), but the golems quickly break the shield, and I didn’t have enough life in order to survive long enough for the shield to recharge. Anyway, I now have significantly more life, but my spells are significantly weaker. I have major problems with energy regen, as my focus is now much less. Max eshield costs nearly 1000 mana. This has led me to buy more mana sigils. More expense!

I don’t particularly look forward to taking my mage into boss battles, as he is pretty useless, and the only thing that he could help with, is if he had a lot of points in lures. This then means that I would have to respec before and after each boss fight. (I am willing to do with for the clan for aggy). I am not willing to go pure support all the time, as it will be totally boring to level, and I don’t want to have to depend on everyone else all the time.

It seems I will have to keep buying respec books constantly. I think the only viable option is to go melee mage. If I continue with a caster class, then I am conscious that I will have to respec again when I am a high enough level for the wyverns, and then I will have to respec again when I get to aggy cave. I think this is absurd, I shouldn’t have to keep spending plat on having to respec books all the time. I am beginning to hate my mage.

Right on Zodiac.

Like others have said, melee classes can auto till the cows come home. We blast a few bolts out and then nothing.

This has been said so many times, LOL I'm getting tired of typing it.

OTM can stick it. These changes are easy to fix. All they have to do is adjust some stinking variables in the code.

And still my main pet peeve is RAdiant.

Just the Radiant helm gives one 500 health and 500 energy. Perfect for Mages. Too bad you can't get it!