Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Soloing Avatar of Donn

I can get him down to below half health, I then run out of energy so no more dmg, then health slowly runs out and I die :(
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

Not bad, with my current build I'm getting him to 1/2 or 1/3 hp (depending on if lure gets interrupted) before getting smacked to death. :lol:

I'm curious if any focus builds are stomping him.

edit: typo
Last edited by Vapor on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someone said that incarnation is weak to ice. I'm not an ice Mage, so I can't test that- but fire is very weak against him. I tried to help and what.. 50-60 damage with lure and fire bolt? Not solo material.

Effectiveness= massive damage, which mages are designed to give out.

The topic is about mages soloing Avatar, but I'll humor you guys for a bit. :P

Incarnation, Syrus, and Malurna are all tough as nails. As far as I can tell, Incarnation is only weak to blunt and slash attacks (though not by much). The popular opinion on Taranis is that Syrus and Kiara are weak to Ice and Malurna and Ducarius are weak to Fire. Although Syrus and Malurna seem to have negligible weaknesses to either (similar to Incarnation).

Avatar has a soft spot for Fire but Ice works well too. However, in a solo fight Ice is a pain to cast so it's more practical to just stick with fire. If only Ice froze the enemy like it does in most mmorpgs... aarrgghh!
I've attempted solos on my level 58 mage many times with mixed results. Sometimes I get clobbered before he reaches 3/4 hp, other times it almost seems like I could win. Maybe with much higher dex I could solo, but for now defense is too random to make any assumptions. :|

I can solo Duc with no problem, usually kill him in one or two hits. Lure of Fire maxed, Fireball maxed, and Fire Cloak maxed. He drops like a ton of bricks. Avatar goes down quickly if I am fighting him and being healed. I believe the Fire Cloak causes most of the damage. Just sitting back and hitting with fireballs takes nice chunks off his health, but won't do the job. I think a Mage who has lots of health might be able to pull it off, and if he/she could get off a bandage wounds in the middle of battle...

I went the "Fire Mage" way, as the ice shards takes sooooo looooong to shoot and regenerate. I tried ice mage - maxing out lure of ice and ice shards, but used book of alteration to change back. Its just impossible to kill most enemies with ice weapons without help, and you really can only get one ice shard attack off before the enemy smothers you and keeps you from attacking with it again.

Only thing that really makes it rough is you cannot defeat fire knights...they seem to laugh at my fire bolt!

Chickentooth - Mage Lvl 57
Server: Rhainnon
Clan: Rapture Eve

Lol, duc and kiara are easy, because of the cloak of fire glitch on duc and kiara not having a ton of health. Although you're right, not being able to kill fireknights sucks!
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D