Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

@fury

#1
Can you make a guide on endgame pvp's, possibly one against dps tanks.

-prefrably without the word "get good"

Edit: Tried with both fire and ice, the fire mage had below average gear and ice had average gear and both were beaten.

Edit: The warrior had average gear too so that kinda made things even except his hp
Blzzrd 222+ Rogue
^slays Basel 24/7
Ascension
Danu

Ymir solo kill Click here
Bloodthorn kill Click here
Gelebron kill Click here

Re: @fury

#2
I feel its not really needed to have a guide on pvp, since most of the information needed can be taken and inferred from the other guides.

Onto pvp though,

Optimal mage pvp is basically the same from lv 100-endgame

Go ice, use the lv 100 nightflyer, use its instant casting freeze skill, swap to focus main/offhands, blast them into oblivion. Depending on how much hp said tank has, you may want to carry the real freeze as well. Just make sure you count their resistances out too, make sure your lure adds up to it or over it, or else you are just asking for trouble.

Cast times
Nightflyer freeze = 0 sec
Stormskimmer freeze = 1 sec
Real freeze = 3 sec

If you cant get one of those mounts, then itll be alot harder for you to win.

Heres some tips though,

Use a high tier resistance bear helm of the right resist to cut out a good amount of damage.

Bear mount is the best for pvp, due to the free shield skill on it.

Take advantage of melee classes by backing up a little each time you are waiting on cooldowns, it will force them to have to move to get you, saving you a small amount of health.

Use the double energy shield trick, since it lasts 90 seconds and takes 60 to cooldown, cast it, and wait so that when you enter the duel its still up but cooled down. Then when it gets broken you can just cast it again.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Charcoal - 60 PvP Fire Auto-Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Re: @fury

#3
What about survivability? Do you still just wear EDL armour/keep the same hp/energy ratio as PvE?

Also I feel like the Elk skill might be sort of useful for PvP as a backup... It's not Freeze but at least it gives you some time to get out of the way!
Eurydice - 223 mage - Insurgence - Gwydion ♥
Truffles - 215 druid - Gwydion
Pizzazz - 193 mage - Epona

Re: @fury

#4
I just go full out occult dps and full foc (ice mage)

Use necral ice wand at start for skill then swap to gele wand or mord grim (can use frostiorn wand with foc boost skill as an idditional swap)

rings all direct shards or blast gele/spider rings (I put on 3-4 endless night rings before the duel to boost attun)

braces, mord balst brace and necral shards brace (dont need blast CD u wont live long enough to get 2 off)

e shield effect lasts longer then cool down so wait to start the dual until your shield CD is almost complete (get 2 shields) ~ can add a small amount of vit if you are dieing before second shield

start with freeze followed by lure then blast then shards (shield again when yours breaks) then use pet and mount skills followed by another shards

on endgame wars 2 shards and a blast in you will take out almost any opponent (rogues 1 blast and shards and they done haha) add in extra pet and mount damage and its a very formidable build
World: Crom Clan: Seed Profession: Ice mage

Krummy9552~220+ Rogue
Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~190 Ranger
Krummy~190 Druid
Krumzor~170 Warrior

¨He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of dispute¨ ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: @fury

#5
krummy9552 wrote:I just go full out occult dps and full foc (ice mage)

Use necral ice wand at start for skill then swap to gele wand or mord grim (can use frostiorn wand with foc boost skill as an idditional swap)

rings all direct shards or blast gele/spider rings (I put on 3-4 endless night rings before the duel to boost attun)

braces, mord balst brace and necral shards brace (dont need blast CD u wont live long enough to get 2 off)

e shield effect lasts longer then cool down so wait to start the dual until your shield CD is almost complete (get 2 shields) ~ can add a small amount of vit if you are dieing before second shield

start with freeze followed by lure then blast then shards (shield again when yours breaks) then use pet and mount skills followed by another shards

on endgame wars 2 shards and a blast in you will take out almost any opponent (rogues 1 blast and shards and they done haha) add in extra pet and mount damage and its a very formidable build


As stated our gear is average and below, both of which use below gele gear, shadow gear and imperial at Max, for whatever reason he seems to be the only unkillable guy for me.
Blzzrd 222+ Rogue
^slays Basel 24/7
Ascension
Danu

Ymir solo kill Click here
Bloodthorn kill Click here
Gelebron kill Click here

Re: @fury

#6
Shivahh wrote:
krummy9552 wrote:I just go full out occult dps and full foc (ice mage)

Use necral ice wand at start for skill then swap to gele wand or mord grim (can use frostiorn wand with foc boost skill as an idditional swap)

rings all direct shards or blast gele/spider rings (I put on 3-4 endless night rings before the duel to boost attun)

braces, mord balst brace and necral shards brace (dont need blast CD u wont live long enough to get 2 off)

e shield effect lasts longer then cool down so wait to start the dual until your shield CD is almost complete (get 2 shields) ~ can add a small amount of vit if you are dieing before second shield

start with freeze followed by lure then blast then shards (shield again when yours breaks) then use pet and mount skills followed by another shards

on endgame wars 2 shards and a blast in you will take out almost any opponent (rogues 1 blast and shards and they done haha) add in extra pet and mount damage and its a very formidable build


As stated our gear is average and below, both of which use below gele gear, shadow gear and imperial at Max, for whatever reason he seems to be the only unkillable guy for me.


Thats a high end setup yes, however at the base all my build really is, is taking the maximum dps gear u have and taking them out in a few hits, Im guessing without high tier endgame gear he is sitting under 15k hp which aslong as you can get 2 shields up and both shards casts off a fairly easy kill

Most important part is the initial freeze (mounts work well too however are difficult to obtain) and getting both shields up.

However if you are a fire mage i would not recommend this setup and strategy haha
World: Crom Clan: Seed Profession: Ice mage

Krummy9552~220+ Rogue
Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~190 Ranger
Krummy~190 Druid
Krumzor~170 Warrior

¨He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of dispute¨ ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: @fury

#7
krummy9552 wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
krummy9552 wrote:I just go full out occult dps and full foc (ice mage)

Use necral ice wand at start for skill then swap to gele wand or mord grim (can use frostiorn wand with foc boost skill as an idditional swap)

rings all direct shards or blast gele/spider rings (I put on 3-4 endless night rings before the duel to boost attun)

braces, mord balst brace and necral shards brace (dont need blast CD u wont live long enough to get 2 off)

e shield effect lasts longer then cool down so wait to start the dual until your shield CD is almost complete (get 2 shields) ~ can add a small amount of vit if you are dieing before second shield

start with freeze followed by lure then blast then shards (shield again when yours breaks) then use pet and mount skills followed by another shards

on endgame wars 2 shards and a blast in you will take out almost any opponent (rogues 1 blast and shards and they done haha) add in extra pet and mount damage and its a very formidable build


As stated our gear is average and below, both of which use below gele gear, shadow gear and imperial at Max, for whatever reason he seems to be the only unkillable guy for me.


Thats a high end setup yes, however at the base all my build really is, is taking the maximum dps gear u have and taking them out in a few hits, Im guessing without high tier endgame gear he is sitting under 15k hp which aslong as you can get 2 shields up and both shards casts off a fairly easy kill

Most important part is the initial freeze (mounts work well too however are difficult to obtain) and getting both shields up.

However if you are a fire mage i would not recommend this setup and strategy haha


What would you say is better, using one of the mount insta freeze skills and then hotswapping to weps right after

Or

Having the bear mount on and have the skill ready along side the vit it adds.

Since the cool down won't reset as the fight ends quickly.
Blzzrd 222+ Rogue
^slays Basel 24/7
Ascension
Danu

Ymir solo kill Click here
Bloodthorn kill Click here
Gelebron kill Click here

Re: @fury

#8
depends how long the mount freeze lasts, aslong as it gives you enough time to get lure and blast off then freeze mount is alot better (you take 3 sec of dmg while casting normal freeze that is avoidable with the insta freeze mount)

**Full dps is my thing, so please feel free to step in to anyone with more pvp experience :p
World: Crom Clan: Seed Profession: Ice mage

Krummy9552~220+ Rogue
Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~190 Ranger
Krummy~190 Druid
Krumzor~170 Warrior

¨He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of dispute¨ ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: @fury

#9
Shivahh wrote:What would you say is better, using one of the mount insta freeze skills and then hotswapping to weps right after

Or

Having the bear mount on and have the skill ready along side the vit it adds.

Since the cool down won't reset as the fight ends quickly.

Mount freeze.

It lasts longer then the normal freeze, because normal freeze time is nerfed in pvp.

The starting 3 seconds will save you alota damage too.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Charcoal - 60 PvP Fire Auto-Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests