Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why are we so under powered?

I realize there's a possibility that this question has been asked before, but I feel it needs to be brought up again. Why are we so under powered as a class? Every time I use my lightning or storm touch skill on a mob it always feels so weak when compared to say an ice or fire mage's attacks. In all honesty, our lightning attacks should be the same or more powerful than fire and definitely more powerful than ice. With lightning you have the perfect combination of heat and body disrupting electricity. Is the reason as simple as the fact that we are a healing class? It would also be nice to have an equivalent of the mage's fire or ice attunement. It would be nice to have "nature attunement" so that we could focus our nature magic and boost our damage and heals. Let me know what you guys think or any other suggestions you might have.
Main: Maedhros Level 158 Druid
World: Morrigan
Clan: Havoc

Re: Why are we so under powered?

Under powered??? I feel we are just fine, concidering we can heal. Go play a ranger, then talk under powered.
I actually stopped playing my ranger at 137 for a rogue, then stopped playing the rogue at 165 for a Druid, and have more fun playing the Druid. I got the Druid to 100 pure dps (no heal points at all, pure dps) quicker than I did the ranger or rogue to 100.
Things slowed down drastically after 100 tho, and at 120, I dropped storm touch for natures touch, only so I could heal clannies in boss fights. I'm almost at 165 now.
And no way should we be close to a Mage damage.

You can't have your cake, and eat it to. I think Druids do just fine as we are.

The reason druids are underpowered is through their inability to solo level.

The issue is not our dmg, nor our armor, but instead the resistances of other mobs and the high auto damages of other classes. Especially in the tower, the mobs really need their magic resistance reduced: Mages have their lures, rogues hit 800-1000 an auto, while druids hit 2k a strike.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I realize there's a possibility that this question has been asked before, but I feel it needs to be brought up again. Why are we so under powered as a class? Every time I use my lightning or storm touch skill on a mob it always feels so weak when compared to say an ice or fire mage's attacks. In all honesty, our lightning attacks should be the same or more powerful than fire and definitely more powerful than ice. With lightning you have the perfect combination of heat and body disrupting electricity. Is the reason as simple as the fact that we are a healing class? It would also be nice to have an equivalent of the mage's fire or ice attunement. It would be nice to have "nature attunement" so that we could focus our nature magic and boost our damage and heals. Let me know what you guys think or any other suggestions you might have.
You want us to do more damage than a mage and be able to heal like we do? The only reason we'd need mages then is for lures. Druids having equal dps to a mage ain't gonna happen nor should it
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Under powered??? I feel we are just fine, concidering we can heal. Go play a ranger, then talk under powered.
I actually stopped playing my ranger at 137 for a rogue, then stopped playing the rogue at 165 for a Druid, and have more fun playing the Druid. I got the Druid to 100 pure dps (no heal points at all, pure dps) quicker than I did the ranger or rogue to 100.
Things slowed down drastically after 100 tho, and at 120, I dropped storm touch for natures touch, only so I could heal clannies in boss fights. I'm almost at 165 now.
And no way should we be close to a Mage damage.

You can't have your cake, and eat it to. I think Druids do just fine as we are.
Druids are far from fine. My ranger can kill mobs twice as fast as my druid and my rogue is onto his 2nd kill before the 2nd tic of my vines. The druid will use 2 to 3 times the amount of lix to level as compared to other classes. Nothing made me happier than to hit 206 on my druid and be done with solo lixing
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

The reason druids are underpowered is through their inability to solo level.

The issue is not our dmg, nor our armor, but instead the resistances of other mobs and the high auto damages of other classes. Especially in the tower, the mobs really need their magic resistance reduced: Mages have their lures, rogues hit 800-1000 an auto, while druids hit 2k a strike.
Maybe then our lightning and storm touch skills need to be re-classified as some sort of elemental damage then? I could see vines being classified as magic, but not the two previously mentioned skills.

You want us to do more damage than a mage and be able to heal like we do? The only reason we'd need mages then is for lures. Druids having equal dps to a mage ain't gonna happen nor should it
Maybe being as powerful is a bit of a stretch, but I would still argue that having some sort of attunement geared towards nature would not be asking too much. When you boil it down, we are mages, our magic just happens to be focused on the nature aspect of it. Couple that with our skills primarily focusing on healing/protection, then I think our damage is artificially gimped.

As mentioned, our issue is not with bossing but with leveling, and OTM needs to either:

1. Grant leveling mobs (not bosses) a much lower magic resist to compensate for our loss in damage

2. Make Swarm equivalent to Vines (right now it has 3x the energy cost and 1/3 the damage output)

3. Give druids another direct damage skill: an electric shock with a very fast cooldown and medium damage output, with the same DPS as Lightning Strike, just a much faster cooldown and a bit less damage.

Again, the issue is not that druids are useless, but they can not effectively solo level.
My ranger can kill mobs twice as fast as my druid and my rogue is onto his 2nd kill before the 2nd tic of my vines. The druid will use 2 to 3 times the amount of lix to level as compared to other classes.
Druids can not kill leveling mobs as fast as other classes, largely because we have only 3 modes of Attack: LS, Storm, and Vines (swarm shouldn't even count as a decent leveling skill). Other classes have more direct damage skills along with a VERY high auto, resulting to 5-6 modes of Attack. This gap needs to be closed and equalized as a priority.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!