Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sanctuary or shield of bark?

Shield of bark without question. There is a very noticeable reduction in the damage that a mob does, and it lasts for 2 minutes. Sanctuary is very weak, lasts for only a few seconds, and has an extremely long recast time.

Shield of bark is one of the only ways druids can solo train at higher levels, plus it's a good buff as well. I recently went from full DPS to hybrid because I dropped a DPS skill and put the points in bark. The benefits I get from bark far outweigh any extra DPS I had previously.

Good luck.
Galadriel~ Level 202+ druid (Danu)

Is this still the case. I am full heals, surely sanctuary would be better for group heals?
No it would not. Sanctuary might block one hit, and 99% of players can survive that, however, it's better to give a mage bark to help him/her survive a long time because rogues and warriors should only need healing, and should have sufficient armour to survive.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

Sanctuary. It transports the target to a magical place full of sunshine and rainbows where all their dreams come true.
This guy's signature xD
Clan: WolfGang
Chaz - Level 185+ Ranger - Full DL
Inferno19 - Level 127+ Mage
Sneakystrike - Level 195+ Rogue - Full DL
EpIcHeaLzz - Level 137+ Druid
Tankerzz - Level 127+ Warrior (PvP Beast: Invincible Veteran)

World: Mabon

I use both at 50. Bark is 935 and San is 911. I bark tank and myself and 1-2 others in groups like rouges and San the entire group for extra protection. Sancuary can only be used on group members, bark on anyone. So if you help outside a group bark can only be used.
ToeTag Druid lvl 221
Lasber Ranger 220
ToeFungas Mage 220
Cameltoe Lock Rogue 190
A proud General of Resurgence
World: Arawn

The good thing about sanc when soloing is that while it's active, your skills can't be interrupted. This is good to use with bark because mobs interrupt bark constantly. So if you cast sanc, then cast bark immediately after, it will most likely not get interrupted and you can cast bark while in combat.

However, in my opinion, sanc does not block enough damage for it to really be useful. The only real time I use it is when I have points left over and don't know what to do with them :D
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

The good thing about sanc when soloing is that while it's active, your skills can't be interrupted. This is good to use with bark because mobs interrupt bark constantly. So if you cast sanc, then cast bark immediately after, it will most likely not get interrupted and you can cast bark while in combat.

However, in my opinion, sanc does not block enough damage for it to really be useful. The only real time I use it is when I have points left over and don't know what to do with them :D
And if a mob hits you once, sanc breaks and it can interrupt whatever you were casting. Overall I'd say it was limited uses.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....