Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Plea for OTM response on Druid energy issues

*First, to the community, this thread is not in anyway my decree that other classes are perfect and only Druid needs to be tweaked so please do not dilute the thread with that kind of response.

Druid energy costs are not sustainable unless we only occasionally cast, and/or do not max skills we use multiple times in a fight.

I spent about 15 minutes reviewing other threads discussing Druid energy issues. including one petition, not a single response from OTM. I made this thread for two purposes:
1) in the hopes to elicit response from OTM
2) to rally the support of the CH community (even those of you who do not play Druids can certainly weigh in and show your support)

Below are links to threads discussing Druid energy issues:

http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... gy#p314747

http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... uid+energy

http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... y&start=40

http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... gy#p292487

http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... gy#p279496

Thank you all for taking the time to enter this thread and contribute. I and other Druids eagerly await response,
Gort
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

Re: Plea for OTM response on Druid energy issues

Well, I play a druid on my second device. It's level 156 and with all the best lux, I run out of energy insanely fast unless I use an energy elixirs or pots...

+1 to fixing the issues.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Hi there, we are very aware of the threads and have read them. We have done extensive testing both on test worlds and live ones around this issue also, and will continue to do so as the game develops.

However one very clear message we got from players was they want a stable game without us meddling around and changing things on them. So that's why any changes to game balance now will be very small and very infrequent and only when absolutely essential. There are a wide varieties of items and more coming all the time into the game and skills are very configurable which can be used to customise the power of your character and energy usage, and items are most likely going to be the way the game develops rather than arbitrary changes to the balance. We have things like crafting coming out also in a future expansion which we are looking into allowing players to create consumables and items as well as modify and enhance existing items to help customise their character even further.

I'd like to offer my support, although my main isn't a druid.

I am a support mage, with 50/35 energy boost that I tend to use exclusively for the benefit of druids. But it is not enough. I think OTMs plan was that mages would be the energy battery for druids, so I am doing exactly what I think OTM intended. And it is not enough. It is never enough. If there are 2 or 3 druids at a boss fight, I cycle between them, boosting at my maximum constantly. And it is not enough. It's not uncommon that they need to pop an energy lix to boot. And, I might add, this means that I cannot support the energy needs of any rogues or warriors at the fight, or even my own.

Druids badly need energy help. The help we have available is insufficient. And by this, I mean me. :D
LongCool: 190+ mage
lcthief: 170+ rogue
lcwitchy: 85+ druid
World: Lugh
Proud General of Clan Aftermath

There are a wide varieties of items and more coming all the time into the game and skills are very configurable which can be used to customise the power of your character and energy usage, and items are most likely going to be the way the game develops rather than arbitrary changes to the balance.
I get that I can split my skill points into all of my skills and never run out of energy, but what is the point of getting rings, charms, and bracelets from bosses and to level up if I can't use my best skills effectively?

Even with lux regens, if I max 2 to 3 healing skills and use them repeatedly, I can't get through even the easiest boss fight without an energy potion or elixir.

I can understand our dps skills using a lot of energy and changing that affecting other players, but simply lowering the energy requirements of our healing and ward skills, etc., wouldn't overpower druids and would help everyone.

Or fix energy harvest. Let it give us full energy at a cost of some health or something. Or let us convert health to energy.

There are a lot of little things that can be done without big meddling that can make the game fairer for druids.
----------
Castiglioni - 180 Druid in Lugh
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

Hi there, we are very aware of the threads and have read them. We have done extensive testing both on test worlds and live ones around this issue also, and will continue to do so as the game develops.

However one very clear message we got from players was they want a stable game without us meddling around and changing things on them. So that's why any changes to game balance now will be very small and very infrequent and only when absolutely essential. There are a wide varieties of items and more coming all the time into the game and skills are very configurable which can be used to customise the power of your character and energy usage, and items are most likely going to be the way the game develops rather than arbitrary changes to the balance. We have things like crafting coming out also in a future expansion which we are looking into allowing players to create consumables and items as well as modify and enhance existing items to help customise their character even further.
Another crappy excuse. Admin you have to realize that playing mage and druid class are not free to play while the other can go next to none without plat. But you will never know since you only always play a warrior. I'm sick of these comments :evil:
Crissa Level 115 Fire Mage of Rhiannon
MIGHTY DREAMSEEKER

PurfectCrissa Level 60 PvP Rogue of Rhiannon
INVINCIBLE CUTTHROAT

+1, now everyone can stfu about druid energy problems, you have your answer... may not be the answer you wanted, but it is an answer none the less.
Root Druid LvL 99+

Favorite Offhand - (Essence Blade)
Favorite Ring - (Royal Root)
Favorite Fashion - (Black Sparkle)

So you have tested Druids? I am curious as to what your conclusions were to the issue regarding energy among the druid community?
However one very clear message we got from players was they want a stable game without us meddling around and changing things on them. So that's why any changes to game balance now will be very small and very infrequent and only when absolutely essential.
I don't disagree that class balance shouldn't be changing so often but keep in mind since it seems you are listening to the "message of your players," you will also find A majority of the Druid class and even non Druid classes agree about the problem with the energy consumption. There are many that hope you find it absolutely necessary to lower our energy cost.
There are a wide varieties of items and more coming all the time into the game and skills are very configurable which can be used to customise the power of your character and energy usage, and items are most likely going to be the way the game develops rather than arbitrary changes to the balance.
Since you are such good listeners to your customers, why don't we go back and list how many times people have stated the in game items are not enough to keep energy sustainable. I believe the max amount of in combat energy from lux items is 170 energy per tick which costs equivalent to 2.5 million gold in lux items. This in theory you are sayin is your solution to solve Druid energy problems?
We have things like crafting coming out also in a future expansion which we are looking into allowing players to create consumables and items as well as modify and enhance existing items to help customise their character even further.
As I'm sure this will be a great benefit for the future, how long will the next update take 1 year? Year and a half? Just consider what you are stating that Druids have to wait awhile before there are better options just for you to play your class.
Druid 180+ Debinosuke
Rogue 150+ Kartier
Ranger 70 Kartier2
Mage 60 Kartier3
Warrior 35 Kartier4

Clan: Soulsignited
World: Crom

FIX DRUIDS OTM!!
Refuse to buy plat until druid energy issues are addressed!
Post this on your signature if you agree!

Admin,
Thank you sincerely for posting.
Please note, that for many of us, raising combat skills into the high 20s, 30s and beyond, results in energy depletion to the point we run out and have to stand around for minutes at a time. I look forward to new items for druids to help with energy (of course this may be at the expense of boosting focus or other stats) but I hope you will still consider lowering the cost, or adjusting the formula that controls the rate of energy cost as spell level increases.

*On a non-related note Elvra, please stop invading threads with uncivil and antisocial language and treatment. This is a community after all.

I get that I can split my skill points into all of my skills and never run out of energy, but what is the point of getting rings, charms, and bracelets from bosses and to level up if I can't use my best skills effectively?

Even with lux regens, if I max 2 to 3 healing skills and use them repeatedly, I can't get through even the easiest boss fight without an energy potion or elixir.

I can understand our dps skills using a lot of energy and changing that affecting other players, but simply lowering the energy requirements of our healing and ward skills, etc., wouldn't overpower druids and would help everyone.

Or fix energy harvest. Let it give us full energy at a cost of some health or something. Or let us convert health to energy.

There are a lot of little things that can be done without big meddling that can make the game fairer for druids.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor

Well thought out & well articulate Kart.

+1
So you have tested Druids? I am curious as to what your conclusions were to the issue regarding energy among the druid community?
However one very clear message we got from players was they want a stable game without us meddling around and changing things on them. So that's why any changes to game balance now will be very small and very infrequent and only when absolutely essential.
I don't disagree that class balance shouldn't be changing so often but keep in mind since it seems you are listening to the "message of your players," you will also find A majority of the Druid class and even non Druid classes agree about the problem with the energy consumption. There are many that hope you find it absolutely necessary to lower our energy cost.
Since you are such good listeners to your customers, why don't we go back and list how many times people have stated the in game items are not enough to keep energy sustainable. I believe the max amount of in combat energy from lux items is 170 energy per tick which costs equivalent to 2.5 million gold in lux items. This in theory you are sayin is your solution to solve Druid energy problems?
We have things like crafting coming out also in a future expansion which we are looking into allowing players to create consumables and items as well as modify and enhance existing items to help customise their character even further.
As I'm sure this will be a great benefit for the future, how long will the next update take 1 year? Year and a half? Just consider what you are stating that Druids have to wait awhile before there are better options just for you to play your class.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor