Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Any hints on druid levelling?

A bit of background, I have a level 118 druid and 135 ranger.

Atm I am dual logging them, letting the ranger do 95% of the damage to the mob, then logging out, druid finishes the mob, gets the xp and I relog the ranger and do the same to the next mob and continue.

I dont like training at yamir due to the 0 gold dropped and just wondered if there was a better way of levelling the druid up?

Also its rare to find a levelling group at my fight times.

Thanks
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Re: Any hints on druid levelling?

If you're looking to solo lvl then I suggest going a dps build with storm, lightning, vines, howling wind and enough nature touch to keep you alive. Once you hit 120 then I'd switch back to support and work on finding a lvl group.
Honestly going dps mode is a last resort mode when you can not find a lvling partner.
If you have your ranger then why don't you just group the 2 up and lvl them together?
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies..”

Atm I am dual logging them, letting the ranger do 95% of the damage to the mob, then logging out, druid finishes the mob, gets the xp and I relog the ranger and do the same to the next mob and continue.

I dont like training at yamir due to the 0 gold dropped and just wondered if there was a better way of levelling the druid up?

Thanks
What mobs are you killing? Why not kill 135+ mobs and duo the xp ?
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK

I did start grouping them, but only had the druid as a full support and sharing the xp was getting tedious (in hindsight I should have made the druid dps earlier)

I don't need to be able to solo because at the moment I am having the ranger nearly kill level 120-125 golems then log out and in while the last vines kills the mob.

I know a levelling group would be quicker but as I said it's hard to find some that want to do an hour or more straight.

I suppose I was just wondeeing if anyone had any other ideas, I don't mind doing it the way I can am for now if that sounds the best to others.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME

hey Donk

I have solo'd for many of my levels with the the exception lately of a few lvls at ymirs. As you have already said getting in a group is best and personally is the most fun. I struggle with my timezone and getting into groups as well, often I either arrive when everyone is starting their last elixer or i have to go when an awesome group is lvling.

I personally hate the logging in and out thing. Ive tried it and find it tedious and boring. i like to play this game for fun and if its not then why bother???

My setup at them moment works really well against wyverns. I can solo 140-145 and even Lords, but they are painful. I wish i had this setup earlier as it makes lvling easier and less costly, xp is nice and i can do anytime i want.

I have howling wind maxed with royal, grand and fabled rings, I only get hit by skills and have enough health regen to generally not worry about heals, (I have touch maxed anyway in case) then max vines (still waiting to get royal vines ring), maxed lightning, and rest into storm touch.

My process goes as follows, hw first, then vines, followed by lightning and storm touch. Use auto attack in between with totem and ice trident. Repeat as skills become available. Takes me less than 2 min per wyvern, slow but hey thats druids for you. I just have to moderate my energy usage and make sure that i have enough to recast Hw if required to finish off kill. 4-8k per wyvern.

I haven't experimented with higher wards yet as am happy with how this works.

This should work on all mobs, just need to keep in mind the mobs that seem to have faster skill hits.
Danu server
Wentworth Druid lvl 172
Boogiman Ranger lvl 109
Dazzel Mage lvl 80
Wetank Warrior lvl 82
Taxman Rogue lvl 79

Thanks
Heh, you may want to consider leveling another DPS char. Bec of the level discrepancy with your ranger, it is probably easier to get a new char to L115 than your druid to L125 much less 130 with your setup.

Just a thought.
World: Rhiannon

Like previous have stated howling winds build is your best bet for solo leveling. I used one quite often in leveling and loved it. Works great! Just know though if you follow some of the builds suggested you ARE gonna need massive amounts of either resto pots or sigils to keep up with energy. The belly of the beast. Maxed winds, vines, strike and storms works wonders but destroys your energy. If you can afford to go this build do it but have stacks of restos to keep up with your energy.

As you have stated the best for druids is group leveling. Let others continuously kill while you keep them goin. Only problem is what do you do when noones online to level with??? I ran into a similar problem at around 135 when the group i normally ran with went way past me, they leveled to 150, when i had a busy period at my work and wasnt able to play as much. I decided it was time to figure out a solo leveling build that was efficient without being too expensive. That's where the alts and rebirths came in.

All in all i play tested alot of builds trying to figure out the best balance between killing fast with minimal downtime in between fights and not having to spend alot of gold/plat. The build i came up with is a nice balance between the two. Went with howling winds for obvious reasons, used trident for added dex and defence but with radiant can be replaced with golden blade for added dps. Along with maxed touch for obvious reasons and vines for more damage. After went with high bark and embrace which helped both with buffs for bosses and would take care of most all damage for when i did get hit while winds was up or if a winds got dodged.

Worked very well actually. Almost no downtime in between fights. I did use haste and xp elixers when leveling with a frozen totem for most damage for me at the time. Hand to hand might be better if you have high damage gear. But with the build it was still able to solo level if need be or group level very effectively.

Edited: Also my stats with my howling winds hybrid build was:
Str: 5
Dex: 155
Focus: 300
Vit: everything else.
Decided to stop at the so called "plateau" as far as focus went. Added the 155 in dex to give me a total of 200 with trident. I dont own any really good earthstone gear to help with my defense so had to put points into dex to help out. The rest into vitality to help survive.
These are base numbers not including added bonuses with gear.
MaxeesVigor 200 druid
Independent of Lugh

Pretty much you wanna stop fighting those mobs. Goto your rangers lvl mobs and just kill. Much faster that way.
Dont forget the ranger is logging out before the kill so technically the druid is only fighting mobs of its own level.
The ranger gets 0xp and the druid gets all of it.

Thanks
Heh, you may want to consider leveling another DPS char. Bec of the level discrepancy with your ranger, it is probably easier to get a new char to L115 than your druid to L125 much less 130 with your setup.

Just a thought.
My reply above is kind of pointed to you also, technically when the ranger logs my druid is classed as soloing the mobs without putting any effort in. So no need to level a new one.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME