Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Wayvern solo help

I did a lot of playing around with my mage druid combination and I found both shield bark and crushing ward to be better then slashing and fire. However with the new spells and adds you need the fire ward.

Howling wind worked well. With my little defense I still got hit but I avoided maybe 30 percent of the hits. I don't see any value in solo leveling a druid there. It is hard to find a leveling partner which is why my druid stopped leveling around 140 but the time per kill will be very slow so the xp can not be that great.
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

Hw maxed and 150 dex took care of auto dmg.
Brace take care of fire ball and other skill hit dmg
With ward of fire maxed. Frozen gear except boots, helm n gloves

Then to kill the mob vines maxed and auto hit with totem
took me 6 recasts with vines.. Around 3 min/kill
Druids was about the same... Have to drain them before i could outdps

With a blade problably less time but energy will be verry Low after each mob
Never tried yet and mabe an aggy trident might help.

They give betwen 2-5k xp so not that much...

Still the only way of getting xp is this area so will try to get my hands on a golden trident + aggy one
To c if it helps.. Problem is if Attack with spear is not high

//Lift

I haven't tried a roots build at all or a howling winds build on wyverns but from my experience I'd guess the howling winds build is the better bet against wyverns. I used a winds build with maxed vines from 135-140 on emberhoofs and it was easy leveling. Had no problems healing and recasting my buffs when needed. Used full frozen including totem, golden ice trident, and a golden severity. I did use haste elixers and have around 200 energy sigils so that helped but without howling winds things wouldve been much more difficult.
MaxeesVigor 200 druid
Independent of Lugh

... therefore max roots versus hw.
That might not be such a great idea. Using roots and playing the ranged game means your gonna be doing a lot of kiting. Therefore your prob gonna start pulling all kinds of argo from other mobs. I would stick with maxed wind and vines. Then stat everything else defense i.e some in bark some in embrace, touch etc.

My druid is only lvl 107 so I dont know for sure but with my solo build i have soloed a 120 golem at lvl 100 and ive soloed a 139 embermane (wind and win) at 105.

Ok. Im now lvl 148. I have been soloing wyverns since the early 140's. As others have said the secret is hw.

I dont really rely on Dps gear, I have full frozen, but only use the chest and legs, speed boots, focus crown and I usually have haste gloves for increased armor and also a little extra auto damage.

For regen i do have some sigils, but also rely on heroic ammy, energization bracelet, and ice trident, which gives regen and adds ice damage, not to mention defence and dex to help avoid attacks.

I have my fire ward at lvl 10, maxed natures touch, hw maxed, vines maxed, lightning maxed and storm touch around 20/30. I have royal and grand hw rings, and grand vines for boosting dot. Also ring to increase nature magic by 150, and a bracelet +5lightning and +250 nature magic. Along with the trident i use the frozen totem.

Firstly you need to find a spot that will not draw more than one enemy at a time, then cast hw. Most times this hits first time, sometimes gets endured, or i get interrupted. Most times i am able to recast before i die. Next i heal up from damage taken from skill hits, then vines, lightning and st. I recast vines a second time when its almost done, allow it to do its thing and auto attack in between.

When hw starts to run out i recast, and then redo, vines, lightning and st. This continues for around the 2 1/2 min mark. Most times i can kill enemy before i run out of energy. I just make sure i dont over use lightning and st, as this drains energy too fast. If my energy is getting low i turn off auto attack and allow my regen items to do their thing. This often allows me to get the finishing casts off.

I need to add that this way i never get hit by auto attack, and i mean never, only skill hits, and i can easily keep up with them.

Ill be honest, this is slow going, but if you cant get into a group (for me its my timezone) then this is a great option. I personally have grined through some levels solo this way.

Ive prob missed some things so if you need any clarification, just ask away.
Danu server
Wentworth Druid lvl 172
Boogiman Ranger lvl 109
Dazzel Mage lvl 80
Wetank Warrior lvl 82
Taxman Rogue lvl 79

I have been playing with my two druids to find working combinations.

The problem with grasping roots over howling wind is the recast time and damage take.
You can cast hw several times while the first one is still on the mob. I think its probably a 1 minutes spell with a 5 or 10 second timer.

With grasping roots the spell timers is only about a second shorter then the spell. 20 or 30 seconds.
If you are resisted once you stand a good chance of dying and the interrupts might stop you from recasting once you have been resisted.

I think grasping roots currently has a very limited use after level 70. It does not last long enough to use for soloing in ow. Groups do not tend to make good use of it because warriors and rogues are always next to the mob.
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

best tip i can give: dont try to solo. costs more elixers, pots, idols and books to solo lvl then to lvl in groups. i can tell you a big story on how to solo lvl on wyverns, wich is possible, but its not worth it to solo. better is to lvl with a group and dont lvl solo at all ,use that time to find bosses and do those, untill a new group starts in cave. ive solo lvld, cost me 3 times the plat to get one lvl further then in a group, and that was at lvl 128 ish, so wyverns even worse, i solod those with h2h, but the skills mess stuff up and youll need to have bark embrace touch howling wind maxed and use h2h dmg gear and heal when health is too low, also all focus wont do it so youll need to go 2k hp at least. it sucks more then youd think, rather group lvl way more effective. also when i solod the new wyverns with skills it wasnt even fun.
lvl 215 druid
rosmerta

for advice/communication contact me on
discord: veryfastfox
IGN/mailbox: yrck3