Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Druid Skills

I personally would like it to be more reasonable for a druid to be able to solo, whithout having to spend forever and tons of mana to kill just one enemy (mainly at higher lvs in the OW).

My skill suggestions would be some type of an energy regen or energy heal skill to solve the solo Druid's energy problem.

Also, some new damage skills would be nice. I know Druids already have 3, but they all have some serious downsides that make it tough for a druid to solo. Storm touch costs a ton of energy, along with strangling vines, and they can often be evaded. Lighting also has these issues to some extent, although it is slightly less mana costly and has a faster downtime.
Gwydion
Neora,199 Ranger
Neorae, 146 Druid
Lumin, 101 Warrior
Neore, 110 Mage

That thread in General was created by Your's truly :).

Now about the topic.

I would love to see a Druid energy restoration skill, as well as a reduction in energy costs on the majority of druid skills. I'd also like to see the cool-down on Lightning to be a bit faster.

i agree with the most of these ideas. first of all the druid solo way is indeed cut down to a point where it takes major changes into a druids setup to solo anything decent. for the shield of dreams idea: that kinda already exists, as the wards reduce dmg from most skills. when you have a ward of fire of 30, it almost cuts down half the dmg a dragon fire does (the fire breathing aggragoth does). the sam e way ward of giants for pummel like skills etc. for the energy i agree and disaree with the skills, only what would energy heal cost? would it cost hp? wich you can heal up again with natures touch? no that would be a skill wich is going to be too OP. however an energy boost-like skill would be much appreciated (i know in start of game druids had that skill, not mages, so very old druids might already have it). however i doubt anyone would still buy sigils then, wich off course cuts down OTMs income. what i do like is the idea of a skill to cut our opoonents energy, it would certainly help a lot and be very cool for people to try out. it would be a major boss fight skill too. what is very very interesting is the cooldown cut skill idea, it could certainly make a huge difference, however there would be a huge discussion if it wouldnt be too OP and if it wouldnt create a messed up skill pack for druids(plus the fact there would be a huge discussion about how powerfull it should be).

loving the ideas that come up here, hope ppl keep brainstorming to come up with ideas. i will put some of my own thoughts on this too, so perhaps i got a skill idea to share soon.
lvl 215 druid
rosmerta

for advice/communication contact me on
discord: veryfastfox
IGN/mailbox: yrck3

After reading Dersu's Shapeshifting idea, it gave me a similar idea. It would be cool for Druids to have 2 different Shapeshifting skills.

1. The first skill would transform the druid into maybe a tree or a small animal that most likely wouldn't get attacked. The ability for this skill would decrease the Druid's aggro range by say 80%. This would be especially helpful for a druid trying to heal, since they wouldn't have to worry much about ads.

2. The second skill would transform the druid into a tiger some other powerful animal. The skill would boost the druid's armor slightly, along with a big damage increase. The tiger would be slightly more defensive than a regular druid, and it would be able to claw and slash the enemy for some high melee damage . However the downside to the tiger would be that you can't cast skills while you are shapeshifted.

Anyway i just thought it would be cool for the druid to have several Shapeshifting skills that change the druid into different animals for different situations and for the druid's particular playing style.
Gwydion
Neora,199 Ranger
Neorae, 146 Druid
Lumin, 101 Warrior
Neore, 110 Mage

After reading Dersu's Shapeshifting idea, it gave me a similar idea. It would be cool for Druids to have 2 different Shapeshifting skills.

1. The first skill would transform the druid into maybe a tree or a small animal that most likely wouldn't get attacked. The ability for this skill would decrease the Druid's aggro range by say 80%. This would be especially helpful for a druid trying to heal, since they wouldn't have to worry much about ads.

2. The second skill would transform the druid into a tiger some other powerful animal. The skill would boost the druid's armor slightly, along with a big damage increase. The tiger would be slightly more defensive than a regular druid, and it would be able to claw and slash the enemy for some high melee damage . However the downside to the tiger would be that you can't cast skills while you are shapeshifted.

Anyway i just thought it would be cool for the druid to have several Shapeshifting skills that change the druid into different animals for different situations and for the druid's particular playing style.

i like this idea, but i think there should be a speed decrease when you are in tree form and a speed increase when in tiger form. as the tiger is more active and the tree quite passive.

as for casting i say the tree should last untill you attack something, the tiger for a certain time (perhaps 3 mins like abundance) with a decent cooldown.

i really like the shapeshifting idea guys :D
lvl 215 druid
rosmerta

I would love to be able to turn into a tree! It would complete my name of Regenleif :)

The reason I mentioned the Shield of Dreams spell was because, well, it sucks wasting 3 of the 4 maxed ability slots just for anti-element... And since there is Bark, which increases resistance for Pierce, Slash, and Crush (along with wards), there should be a skill along with the wards that grant resistance to Fire, Cold, and Magic. See my reasoning?
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I would love to be able to turn into a tree! It would complete my name of Regenleif :)

The reason I mentioned the Shield of Dreams spell was because, well, it sucks wasting 3 of the 4 maxed ability slots just for anti-element... And since there is Bark, which increases resistance for Pierce, Slash, and Crush (along with wards), there should be a skill along with the wards that grant resistance to Fire, Cold, and Magic. See my reasoning?
thats true, however i like this setup, as druids of a clan can combine their setups to become the ultimate helpers for bosses. with the double bark you wouldnt require special builds like now. i think it exists to get more diversity to the skills.
lvl 215 druid
rosmerta

I really like the shapeshifting idea. :) It would be cool to have some skills that only work while in a shapeshifting form too. :)

In tree form, you shouldnt be able to move though, dmg skill get cut down by 70% and healing skills increased by, say, 30%. Healing skills should also cast faster. Armor is increased, defense is way low.

In tiger form, I'd maybe say you shouldn't be able to cast touch, energy cost for dmg skills is drastically reduced, power of dmg skills, attack and defense is increased.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

hehe i have a druid too,and i think this idea of a new spell will be nice:provide magic,physical,fire or ice immunity for a few seconds;summon trees to aid u in battle
Arawn characters:TheWitch:130+Pyromancer
WitchSlayer:82+Ranger
Rhiannon characters:TheWitch(lvl 3 mage :p) Rhapsody(lvl 7 rogue :pp)