Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Calm

Ive used calm in boss fights some, but the bosses are too easy imo as that it is necessary at the moment. What it does is this: say, a warrior tank, a druid and a ranger attack a boss. But the warrior cannot hold aggro and switches to attacking the ranger. You can cast calm on the ranger so that the tank gets aggro back.

It doesn't matter who has aggro in a ks. The kill goes to those who did the most damage on the enemy.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

Calm is a very usefull skill when in a boss fight so your tank can reobtain agro. But here is my exspeience and can work very well if organized.

Say you have you a druid a tank and a high lvl mage. Thats all you need for a boss fight. but you and another clan (stronger i might add) attack the same boss. Buff your tank with bark and embrace and cloak of fire. If his taunt doesnt work spam cast calm till he obtains agro must do this quickly before other clan deals to much damage. When your tank gets agro heal then cast vines to assist in overall damage and continue this. be sure the mage keeps claok of fire on tank to help hime do more damage to the boss giving you a higher chance at getting the kill. Also make sure you calm any rangers rogues and mages that may be there because they can over power most classes.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140

Please could you tell me if calm is also used in a group to stop ksing ? I think it does but as no one levels it properly & its not very powerful !!!! I dnt think it's supposed to b cast on yr own player unless ther weak,Mage or a Druid wen ther getting attacked,,,i think u cast it to get yr kill back to yr group !!! Calming the opposing player to take down is aggro !!! Could y clear this up please admin as we have many debates on how to use it :) thank u silverwing

Just because one has the agro of an enemy doesn't mean he has the kill. If your group losing agro not even calm can get you the kill because the kill goes to the person who did the most damage.

U see if that really is the case it's pointless having a Druid in yr group if there is another group trying to ks u !!! If u give a space to a Druid to heal yr tank while fighting and the other group has no Druid just fully attacking avatars then ther goin to win everytime becoz yr groups damage is goin to be less even if yr Druid is very powerful it is never goin to do as much damage as a rogue,warrior and ranger !!! :)

That's the case but I hate when people go and declare Druids useless for their lack of damage when we are a strategic class. And also if the other team crowds your tanks and you are not in group you can't select player and that person ends up dieing.

Druids are not useless if you know how to use them all skills a Druid has helps in a way and the most helpfull are calm and roots.

U are preaching to the choir !!! I am a level 94 Druid and feel as a Druid u have to use skill tactics and instinct !!! I tried a warrior and found that any idiot could use them and it bored me !!! I love Druids but ther is hardly any in my world the saying that I am asked by all clans to group becoz in my world they hav,nt sussed us druids bring down the damage of a group !!! As a Druid I can solo many thing attacking avatars can,t and I cnt wait for pvp as I think I will b able to stop the constant ksin of Druids and mages !!! Please dnt think I was putting Druid down as u can see I love my Druid & most of my world sulis loves her 2 :)