Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Regenleif's Guide For Being an Awesome Druid (MUST READ)

My fastest leveling to date happened once I got to OW and went full group support (not a single point invested in a damage skill). As Kassoe mentioned, let your focus ride. Since you will not be in combat your energy will come back much faster and you have lots of it so you should be fine with a bit in meditation as needed or dump meditation and buy energy sigils. You all can judge me, say I am less than or whatever makes you feel better because I chose to buy energy sigils. I will support this game on par with what it would cost as a standard monthly subscription mmo. That is my choice and I hope it is all of yours too. I am sure we all spend enough time enjoying CH to justify paying the developers for what they have created and hopefully will continue to create. With that said, I chose to spend plat on energy sigils. I cannot say how many I have (I really wish the developers would add an indicator on the abilities tab of how many I have) but I bought probably 7+ 10-packs. If you do not have any, get your meditation on.

Be the best support druid you can be and you will be rewarded with ample levelers looking for a druid to reduce their downtime and reliance on health pots. The only downside, which could be quite significant (a deal breaker even) depending on your play times and server is availability of comparable level dps characters to group with.

Honestly, I do not think it matters whether you go dps or group support before level 80. You can grind it our or enjoy it at your leisure with either type of build. Once you get to OW build your reputation as a great and selfless support Druid and you will likely level faster and have much greater access to boss groups than a dps build.

Above all, ignore everything I have said or anyone else, and find your own fun! It is a game after all. And after busting ass to be the highest druid on Crom and remaining so since not long after OW came out, I will truthfully tell you, there are no prizes or points for being "the best" whatever that means. In the end it is all about having fun with friends and that can be done at any level, with any build arrangement, and any gear.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

First of all, TY for the awesome guide as it has really helped me get started in this game.

Second, I lucked out and wound up in the same world as you. You helped me in Stonevale once and that also is much appreciated.

I just wanted to share what I've done with my character and why.

I'm currently a Lvl 55 Druid with 200 Focus and 90 Vitality. I played around with strength and it was rather pointless. My skills are as follows;

17/17 Lightning
17/17 Touch
17/17 Embrace
6?/17 Bark

Now one might ask where my Meditate is. Since I'm willing to spend money, I replaced Meditate with 61 Sigils of Energy. My Energy regenerates very quickly so I can Use the points elsewhere.

I also don't have any points in Abundance. I find that in boss fights, a tank with resistance armor is what is really needed, because if you can't keep up with the damage, then the total HP doesent really matter. As long as the tank can absorb some hits while touch cycles I'm good to go.

The points in Bark are useful while I wait for my next level where I will respec to fill out my primary three skills. I find I can pretty easily solo most things up to 10 levels above me.

First of all, TY for the awesome guide as it has really helped me get started in this game.

Second, I lucked out and wound up in the same world as you. You helped me in Stonevale once and that also is much appreciated.

I just wanted to share what I've done with my character and why.

I'm currently a Lvl 55 Druid with 200 Focus and 90 Vitality. I played around with strength and it was rather pointless. My skills are as follows;

17/17 Lightning
17/17 Touch
17/17 Embrace
6?/17 Bark

Now one might ask where my Meditate is. Since I'm willing to spend money, I replaced Meditate with 61 Sigils of Energy. My Energy regenerates very quickly so I can Use the points elsewhere.

I also don't have any points in Abundance. I find that in boss fights, a tank with resistance armor is what is really needed, because if you can't keep up with the damage, then the total HP doesent really matter. As long as the tank can absorb some hits while touch cycles I'm good to go.

The points in Bark are useful while I wait for my next level where I will respec to fill out my primary three skills. I find I can pretty easily solo most things up to 10 levels above me.
whats ur name on taranis?
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Veteran CH Player, playing since December 2011.
Proud owner of a white coven

Proud Member of Aeon
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"
There is no sweet fruit for CH...

My name in Taranis is the same as it is here... Ehrmagherd.

While I'm here I'll post a little update;

Since my initial post I've leveled up to 66 and started collecting disks for Warden armor. I've also been selling idols and hoarding gold so I'm trying to figure out which items I should be buying. I would like to use the Warden armor and upgrade it to Cosmic...then go from there. I've been considering things like the Arcane Orb, but I can't decide on Rings, bracelets, misc slot items. I could use some ideas from the experienced Druids here :)

My stats are now;

20/20 Lightning
20/20 Touch
20/20 Embrace
9/10 Strangling Vines (I needed the DPS for soloing :/ )

Strength 5
Dexterity 5
Focus 225
Vitality 120

I'm really liking the Warden armor. The resistances make a very noticable difference in the damage I take. Can't wait to get the full set :) And then upgrade it :D

I do like to level solo as it helps to build up my abilities. Some of them are still really low, so I need to solo as much as possible, but groups give better drops and faster xp...hard to pass them up.

I think it's important to build up as much as possible. Willpower, Totem...all those kind of ancillary skills that aren't totally needed, I think are still important. Anything to help keep you alive through the add's in group play. Also, would help greatly for pvp, an area I'm currently doing more poorly in that I was at the start. At the lower levels (40 and below) I was beating people leveled above me. Now I can't beat anyone at my own level, but I'm also not using very much equipment, where others have some pretty exotic stuff. And I'm a hybrid too, so pvp will never be a truly dominant part of my set, but I'd like to put up a good fight at least.

I've started to build a reuptation as a useful Druid. I'm not very social so my circle is small, but if my friends are online, they ask me to run with them. I feel like my tecnique is good and I keep people alive. I'm looking forward to further leveling and getting into better and better groups as I build my character and my own skill using it.

I've seen a druid around my own level healing over 1k! I'd like to figure out how...
check his/her rings. they can help boost your skills, whether it is your touch, embrace, or storm touch.

I don't remember the levels that your skill points increase, but you eventually can move up to 25 (lvl 90), 30 (lvl 105), and then 35 (lvl 120) points in each skill. That will help you increase your heal as you can put more points in those skills.
----------
Castiglioni - 180 Druid in Lugh
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

I don't remember the levels that your skill points increase, but you eventually can move up to 25 (lvl 90), 30 (lvl 105), and then 35 (lvl 120) points in each skill. That will help you increase your heal as you can put more points in those skills.
30 skill points is at level 120; 35 is at level 150.
Lugh | Lightface: Druid 141 | Kaonashi: Druid 141 | FacepaIm: Rogue 141
The B Team: Noface: Warrior 130 | Tsundere: Mage 130 | Smileyface: Druid 130
Retired from CH since 2013