Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Beta Reward for Reporting bugs

Hey!

As Eragon123 stated, players who participated by reporting bugs during the Unity Beta will receive the Beta Reward with our next update (not server maintenance). So relatively soon, but right now the dev team is working on some new things for the next update which I think players will enjoy a lot and I'll show some teasers in the near future!
I'm excited now
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Hey!

As Eragon123 stated, players who participated by reporting bugs during the Unity Beta will receive the Beta Reward with our next update (not server maintenance). So relatively soon, but right now the dev team is working on some new things for the next update which I think players will enjoy a lot and I'll show some teasers in the near future!
I didnt report bugs through game i dont think, but i did on forums, does that count?
Yes, that is how they told us to report bugs. That's how I reported all the bugs I reported.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

if I reported one bug, am I in? :D :ugeek:
I’m pretty sure you needed to report 5 or more bugs? I’m not sure how specific they are going to be, there were a looot of posts about the same bugs. I personally am hoping that VR is going to ignore posts about bugs that were already reported. Make it more of a limited reward, instead of anyone who only posted about the most common bugs and that was it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I’m pretty sure you needed to report 5 or more bugs? I’m not sure how specific they are going to be, there were a looot of posts about the same bugs. I personally am hoping that VR is going to ignore posts about bugs that were already reported. Make it more of a limited reward, instead of anyone who only posted about the most common bugs and that was it.
They said anyone who submitted a valid bug report(probably with their format, and in the right section). This implies you only had to submit one to get the reward.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I think you're wrong about this. The most important aspect about bugs is reproducibility. Being able to post a bug first doesn't automatically consider a person to be a better bug-hunter. Because the issue could have happened to anybody else. Providing a detailed report that not only explains how it happened, but how it can be repeated matters most. But just because one player experiences that issue doesn't mean every player will as well. So with having a diverse audience show repeated reports, allows the development team to look beyond a simple device issue.

Somebody could have found a very important bug, and another may have been "lucky" and only ran into a minor bug. As long as the reports are quality from both players, then they should deserve the "reward." But personally, I find that the reward is experiencing everything first and enjoying mechanics that aren't allowed in the actual game. But also, it's nice to make sure certain bugs don't make it into the live game too and disrupt the gameplay.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

They said anyone who submitted a valid bug report(probably with their format, and in the right section). This implies you only had to submit one to get the reward.
I could very likely be wrong...the forum is archived so there’s no way to check, I just seem to remember seeing Difinitus or Schwing say that rewards would be given to players who reported multiple bugs. Like I said though, I could be mis-remembering.

I think you're wrong about this. The most important aspect about bugs is reproducibility. Being able to post a bug first doesn't automatically consider a person to be a better bug-hunter. Because the issue could have happened to anybody else. Providing a detailed report that not only explains how it happened, but how it can be repeated matters most. But just because one player experiences that issue doesn't mean every player will as well. So with having a diverse audience show repeated reports, allows the development team to look beyond a simple device issue.

Somebody could have found a very important bug, and another may have been "lucky" and only ran into a minor bug. As long as the reports are quality from both players, then they should deserve the "reward." But personally, I find that the reward is experiencing everything first and enjoying mechanics that aren't allowed in the actual game. But also, it's nice to make sure certain bugs don't make it into the live game too and disrupt the gameplay.
I agree. When I posted earlier, I was thinking more along the lines of everyone who was making new topics about previously reported bugs, without giving any new info. If there is an existing topic about a bug, the process is to reply to it if you have the same issue, confirming that yes, doing XYZ will cause ABC to happen. Any new information that wasn’t given previously would be good as well.

I’m not sure where “important” or “minor” bugs came from, but I agree...all bugs are (accidentally) created equal. That being said though, the way I personally view beta testing is that reporting the small bugs is way more important than the big obvious ones...Logging in and seeing that the water textures are messed up is one thing, practically every single person had that issue, and it took no time or effort at all to find, so there was little point in reporting it. However, noticing a small graphic issue on a specific room in the sewers takes quite a bit more effort to find....and therefore that was my goal throughout the beta: to try and find the little tiny bugs that no one else is going to notice or bother reporting. Sure, it’s probably not going to break the game...but it’s an issue with the game that should be fixed. Obviously other people have different views on the point of a beta.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is...it seemed like a lot of people (especially on IOS) spent the majority of their time messing about with what would be the new content, and didn’t take more than a cursory glance around some of the areas and look at the super obvious bugs. I don’t really want to lump those people in with the dedicated people who spent hours on end combing through the different areas trying to break the game in weird ways, then posting pretty detailed reports on the forums.

Of course, the end decision is up to VR to decide, and most likely they will just do a generic “you were in the beta for at least an hour and posted something in the forums so you get an reward” thing. To try and sift through all the posts and topics in the beta forums in order to try and find players who actually contributed useful information would take a lot of time and effort, and I’m not sure that’s something VR can spare at the moment. However, if that were possible, I think it would be way better if the reward were given to the handful of people who actually did a great job of reporting several bugs and providing valuable feedback, rather than to everyone who simply participated and didn’t put much effort into the point of the beta.

Thanks for listening to my late night ramblings ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!