Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Monthly Membership ideas?

Kinda cheasy and ima get alot of ‘’Tf boi’’ comments probably but Fortnite does the cosmetic thing really well. In lobbies it shows who payed for battle pass and has it, and theres no game benefits given.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Ignoring everything above,
I could see a subscription system adding to the player base and providing neat benefits. However, I’m strongly against giving the subscribers semipermanent bonuses to xp, gold drops, haste. If it were simply an extremely upscaled version of lixs that last a Day/week/month but are tradeable, then that wouldn’t break anything, but to give people a passive boost only attainable by purchasing a subscription would be a bit annoying...

I could see a subscription system doing other things though:
X2 Daily rewards, or a different (better) daily rewards calendar that has more/better stuff (less junky potions, more, better lixs, and like a chest every week, a phoenix egg every 3 months, and a dragon egg every 6 months (or something like that lol, cause even that seems a bit much)).
Exclusive fashion: for the next token fashion, make a third token (normal, effect, special effect (subs)) that is no-trade and part of like the above rewards system.
Quests: daily quests reset every 6 hours instead of on the daily clock.
Fun consumables like the old spooky potions, pumpkins, cakes, etc. Stuff that gives like a cool effect for 5/15/60 minutes or something. (Cosmetic things lol)
Tradeable chests with better odds (“snowfall chest” vs “enchanted snowfall chest”)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Thanks Eragon, the exact definition of Pay to win is paying real life money for benefits that others who dont pay. Would be entirely unfair because lots of kids play the game and its more or less giving adults a bonus over alot of others. Now that isnt always the case but generally 90% of the time it would be.
Then it's already p2w by that definition. The extra xp wouldn't really add to much as the person with the xp would get to level 220 10% faster over someone not a subscriber which would hardly be game breaking and can already be that way if one player is having to spend their time farming for gold to buy lix and hope that someone is selling them vs someone that can whip out their wallet and buy hundreds of combos or lix from the plat store.
Good job googling "pay to win"?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Then it's already p2w by that definition. The extra xp wouldn't really add to much as the person with the xp would get to level 220 10% faster over someone not a subscriber which would hardly be game breaking and can already be that way if one player is having to spend their time farming for gold to buy lix and hope that someone is selling them vs someone that can whip out their wallet and buy hundreds of combos or lix from the plat store.
Good job googling "pay to win"?
Which can rattles the most? :roll:

I'm still trying to figure out why some are against a 10% or 5% or .0000001% extra xp bonus to those that had a monthly subscription. I hope to never level again so it wouldn't impact me one way or the other. Maybe I'm just not seeing the "omg they're gonna get to 220 10% faster!!!!" being a big deal. Being a plat buyer already gives you an advantage as it is anyway. And before anyone types out "but you can buy the supplies with gold," this isn't always true if the lix are dried up. And if Joe is a plat buyer and Bob has to spend hours upon hours farming gold to buy the plat items, Joe is at the advantage already as he pulls out his credit apple, buys his combos directly and gets on with leveling. It's time for jewelry upgrade...Joe whips out the cc and tosses some chests in AH and buys his gear. Bob is still having to farm for gold for lix but now has to farm for gold to buy his gear putting him even further behind plat buyers.

So, sure, you can buy what you want as long as it's available without ever spending a dime. But the ones that can buy plat directly do have an advantage even if it's something like saving time.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

What about titles? I know its probably a small thing but when someone looks at your character, a title can show up saying like ‘’Chieftan of WolfGang’’ or something or ‘’Trusted Diced’’ (kinda a stretch there lol)
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Kinda cheasy and ima get alot of ‘’Tf boi’’ comments probably but Fortnite does the cosmetic thing really well. In lobbies it shows who payed for battle pass and has it, and theres no game benefits given.
Can’t compare a mmo to BR game lol. 99% Of br games are not p2w by any means.