Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Advertising

#21
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Sniper2k wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
You are right I don't have to be so "aggressive" as you say. But the fact of the matter is a) I'm not insulting anyone b) their are a lot of new players c) it takes a very long time to get end game to help on edl and higher unless you buy plat every week. D) he's asking the company to spend money.
E) if they want to they will.
F) if you want more people HELP them out
G) the world doesn't revolve around you because you got to 220 first.

Starting to feel happy gwydion didn’t help you


That's mature. This is exactly why clans are split and some servers can't do much of anything. I hope you aren't the chief of a large clan because if you are I feel bad for all the noobs on that server. You prob make them pay for all their discs, meteoric too.

seeing how we do endgame raids and have a lvl requirement of 80 I think we do our fair share to help noobs
sniper2k (222 ranger)
Spicy2k (190 rogue)
Slasher2k (190 warrior)
MasterBender (160 fire mage)
Spicy Mchaggis (212 dps druid)

Relentless Of Gwydion

Re: Advertising

#22
Sniper2k wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Sniper2k wrote:Starting to feel happy gwydion didn’t help you


That's mature. This is exactly why clans are split and some servers can't do much of anything. I hope you aren't the chief of a large clan because if you are I feel bad for all the noobs on that server. You prob make them pay for all their discs, meteoric too.

seeing how we do endgame raids and have a lvl requirement of 80 I think we do our fair share to help noobs


Commendable. Can't knock that I guess. Lowe requirement than most clans. Guess I spoke too soon on that last comment :)
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Advertising

#23
Mdunc1982 wrote:You are right I don't have to be so "aggressive" as you say. But the fact of the matter is a) I'm not insulting anyone b) their are a lot of new players c) it takes a very long time to get end game to help on edl and higher unless you buy plat every week. D) he's asking the company to spend money.
E) if they want to they will.
F) if you want more people HELP them out
G) the world doesn't revolve around you because you got to 220 first.

You seem to assume a lot about me, and about Wardon.
I am a leader in our feeder clan, I never bought plat. It's a lot of fun, doing events weekly and always having fun etc, but we simply struggle with numbers, no matter how much we try to recruit.

And that is just something we can't control. But vr can now.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Ranger 220
Mage 220
Warrior 201

Re: Advertising

#24
Skerwald wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:You are right I don't have to be so "aggressive" as you say. But the fact of the matter is a) I'm not insulting anyone b) their are a lot of new players c) it takes a very long time to get end game to help on edl and higher unless you buy plat every week. D) he's asking the company to spend money.
E) if they want to they will.
F) if you want more people HELP them out
G) the world doesn't revolve around you because you got to 220 first.

You seem to assume a lot about me, and about Wardon.
I am a leader in our feeder clan, I never bought plat. It's a lot of fun, doing events weekly and always having fun etc, but we simply struggle with numbers, no matter how much we try to recruit.

And that is just something we can't control. But vr can now.

+1, we have a low lvl requirement for what we do as a clan but still struggle number wise, we don’t have a lack of trying to recruit (we actually just got a rather large group of transfers this past weed) but rather a lack of new players as a whole, idk about other servers but gwydion 1/2 noobs is just someone’s alt
sniper2k (222 ranger)
Spicy2k (190 rogue)
Slasher2k (190 warrior)
MasterBender (160 fire mage)
Spicy Mchaggis (212 dps druid)

Relentless Of Gwydion

Re: Advertising

#25
It seems entirely reasonable to me to suggest to VR that they could populate their dead servers and create new interest in the game through an advertising campaign. I don’t see how that’s a question of blame or the fault of the players, much less their responsibility. It is an entirely reasonable suggestion. Ofc VR has to determine their own priorities but these board are full of business suggestions for the company, some of which are adopted and some of which aren’t. I personally learned of the game by word of mouth which is not the ideal method of new player recruitment alone. I don’t think it’s a bad idea and certainly don’t think it deserves the hostile reception some have given it.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Re: Advertising

#26
Skerwald wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:You are right I don't have to be so "aggressive" as you say. But the fact of the matter is a) I'm not insulting anyone b) their are a lot of new players c) it takes a very long time to get end game to help on edl and higher unless you buy plat every week. D) he's asking the company to spend money.
E) if they want to they will.
F) if you want more people HELP them out
G) the world doesn't revolve around you because you got to 220 first.

You seem to assume a lot about me, and about Wardon.
I am a leader in our feeder clan, I never bought plat. It's a lot of fun, doing events weekly and always having fun etc, but we simply struggle with numbers, no matter how much we try to recruit.

And that is just something we can't control. But vr can now.


If you've never bought plat there's no conceivable way you could have a 220 in s short period of time, not including the rest of your 220s. My point was as I said in previous posts on this thread is that getting to 220 is a very long grind and only way, without spending plat, is to step on others toes to get there or have friends give you a lot of stuff for free. And I'm not accusing you personally of much of anything other than saying that you should help out noobs more since I know someone said they are too busy with edl and epics. Maybe you do. This game is full of people out for themselves with hundreds of drops just sitting in a clan bank. And when you ask they ignore you or like saying they don't have that specific item or items. Because they are too busy selling those drops to get a bunch of other stuff to help them get all their toons to 220+. Once again i don't know you or know you personally do that. But I know hundreds who do. So don't act like it's a non existent thing. Which goes back to where I started is this clan has way too many greedy players and that drives off new players and they stop playing because the game gets boring when high lvl players constantly shaft noobs.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Advertising

#27
Skerwald wrote:This update was good, but the game has lost a lot of players in the past, that's why a lot of servers are short on players. Usually through boredom of the game, making advertisement to lure new players and keeping then content fresh to keep those players is what they need to work on. So far VR seems to be doing well on the latter, but I have yet to see active advertisement from vr nor otm, so I hope vr will do that differently.

This update was good? I'm sorry, did we get the same update? I can't even play the game now because of this new sloppily coded graphic engine, and neither can half my clan. Lol.
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

Re: Advertising

#28
voltagebinary wrote:
Skerwald wrote:This update was good, but the game has lost a lot of players in the past, that's why a lot of servers are short on players. Usually through boredom of the game, making advertisement to lure new players and keeping then content fresh to keep those players is what they need to work on. So far VR seems to be doing well on the latter, but I have yet to see active advertisement from vr nor otm, so I hope vr will do that differently.

This update was good? I'm sorry, did we get the same update? I can't even play the game now because of this new sloppily coded graphic engine, and neither can half my clan. Lol.


This update is great for me, but a lot of other devices are having issues. It’s not sloppily coded, just not tested thoroughly enough.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Advertising

#29
Eragon123 wrote:
voltagebinary wrote:
Skerwald wrote:This update was good, but the game has lost a lot of players in the past, that's why a lot of servers are short on players. Usually through boredom of the game, making advertisement to lure new players and keeping then content fresh to keep those players is what they need to work on. So far VR seems to be doing well on the latter, but I have yet to see active advertisement from vr nor otm, so I hope vr will do that differently.

This update was good? I'm sorry, did we get the same update? I can't even play the game now because of this new sloppily coded graphic engine, and neither can half my clan. Lol.


This update is great for me, but a lot of other devices are having issues. It’s not sloppily coded, just not tested thoroughly enough.

Testing doesn't fix bugs by itself. If it isn't badly coded, then what's to blame? The engine?

Regardless, it's clear that this update was rushed out to capitalise on the holidays and now CH is quickly shedding what little player base it had left by the day.
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

Re: Advertising

#30
voltagebinary wrote:Testing doesn't fix bugs by itself. If it isn't badly coded, then what's to blame? The engine?

Regardless, it's clear that this update was rushed out to capitalise on the holidays and now CH is quickly shedding what little player base it had left by the day.


Yes, testing by itself doesn't fix the bugs. Testing does however expose the bugs, so that the devs can fix them. It's really really hard to accurately test a product you made...which is why it's so important that beta testers do their job and be as detailed as possible in trying to find bugs.

I would agree that the update was rushed out...it probably should have gone through another beta test to fix some of the more immediate issues (like the faction glitch for example).

I'd disagree that CH is shedding its playerbase. Yes, people are frustrated about the issues, but anyone with a modicum of sense knows that VR is working on fixing the bugs...if people are ready to quit after 15 hours of bugs, then they obviously aren't invested in the game at all. I can totally understand a temporary break though. If the bugs are bad, just take a break and come back the next day when things are getting fixed.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests