Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#13
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:GiVe tHeM a cHaNcE tO dO ThiNgS bEfOre yOu jUmp oN tHe HaTer bAndWaGoN

Hahahahahahaha yah ok, time to be real about it. Looks like trying to capitalize on chest sales this holiday season with a speedy release wasn't the best plan.

Can't blame this one on the user or their phone, if it worked before there is no reason it shouldn't work after the update.

see the Update was rushed unecessarily and the focus is on the new pet/mount wich is a plat purchase.. i agree the chsst sales are beeing pushed..
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#14
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:Can't blame this one on the user or their phone, if it worked before there is no reason it shouldn't work after the update.


Well, seeing as the update involved completely rebuilding all the environments...the issue really is with the devices. This update changed a lot in the background of the game. It’s just a matter of fixing the issues that skirted by in testing.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#15
Eragon123 wrote:
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:Can't blame this one on the user or their phone, if it worked before there is no reason it shouldn't work after the update.


Well, seeing as the update involved completely rebuilding all the environments...the issue really is with the devices. This update changed a lot in the background of the game. It’s just a matter of fixing the issues that skirted by in testing.

lol did you even bother to think?
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#16
Legislative wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:Can't blame this one on the user or their phone, if it worked before there is no reason it shouldn't work after the update.


Well, seeing as the update involved completely rebuilding all the environments...the issue really is with the devices. This update changed a lot in the background of the game. It’s just a matter of fixing the issues that skirted by in testing.

lol did you even bother to think?


Nah, I don’t bother with such mortal acts as thinking.

All I know is that I have had absolutely no issues at all with the update on either of my devices. That leans more towards the “device-specific” range.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#17
Eragon123 wrote:
Legislative wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Well, seeing as the update involved completely rebuilding all the environments...the issue really is with the devices. This update changed a lot in the background of the game. It’s just a matter of fixing the issues that skirted by in testing.

lol did you even bother to think?


Nah, I don’t bother with such mortal acts as thinking.

All I know is that I have had absolutely no issues at all with the update on either of my devices. That leans more towards the “device-specific” range.

Then they can count many of the players that can't run it smoothly out of the game because many of us arent willing to spend hundreds just to play a game that was already playable a day before everything changed.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

\('-')/ \('-')/ \('-')/ \('-')/ \('-')/

Image

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#18
Shivahh wrote:Then they can count many of the players that can't run it smoothly out of the game because many of us arent willing to spend hundreds just to play a game that was already playable a day before everything changed.


+1 I can’t even log on to buy plat without me crashing

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#19
Shivahh wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:All I know is that I have had absolutely no issues at all with the update on either of my devices. That leans more towards the “device-specific” range.

Then they can count many of the players that can't run it smoothly out of the game because many of us arent willing to spend hundreds just to play a game that was already playable a day before everything changed.


I know a lot of people are having issues lol. I was specifically replying to Legislative, who was saying that the issue is not with the device. It’s a partially right, partially wrong answer...the device itself isn’t defective (obviously), the issues are with the game, and it not working very well on certain devices...hence device-specific bugs. I may not have brought my point across clearly in my earlier post...appologies for that.

Whenever there is a massive update that majorly changes a lot of things (whether in the backend or frontend) there are bound to be bugs.


Spaceman wrote:Cool! Very awesome to see an update! That being said, there are always bugs. Since I started playing a lot of times if otm tweaked anything or came out with an update it was always screwy at first. Really is nice to have an update. Happy holiday!

That’s the spirit :D
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lag and horrible experience

#20
Eragon123 wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:All I know is that I have had absolutely no issues at all with the update on either of my devices. That leans more towards the “device-specific” range.

Then they can count many of the players that can't run it smoothly out of the game because many of us arent willing to spend hundreds just to play a game that was already playable a day before everything changed.


I know a lot of people are having issues lol. I was specifically replying to Legislative, who was saying that the issue is not with the device. It’s a partially right, partially wrong answer...the device itself isn’t defective (obviously), the issues are with the game, and it not working very well on certain devices...hence device-specific bugs. I may not have brought my point across clearly in my earlier post...appologies for that.

Whenever there is a massive update that majorly changes a lot of things (whether in the backend or frontend) there are bound to be bugs.


Spaceman wrote:Cool! Very awesome to see an update! That being said, there are always bugs. Since I started playing a lot of times if otm tweaked anything or came out with an update it was always screwy at first. Really is nice to have an update. Happy holiday!

That’s the spirit :D

Lol the issue cant be with the devices Bluestacks runs CH like laggy buggy and my pc is topped out..
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests