Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Those of Us Left

I’m not a fan of the gardens update to be honest, it seems detached from the rest of the game. It didn’t bring bring new armour quest or anything exciting. There wasn’t really a lix place as the mobs were constantly changing stars on respawns.

Ther was of course the silly blossoms which ruined the game for a lot of legit playing who work hard.

I have said this so many times think about how the original armour quests used to take you from land to land and area to area and the excitement of trying to get parts. Then frozen came and it was all in the same area zzzzz and getting the weapon was just the same as the armour (nothing like wardons).
Then DL although the map was quite big and more to explore it was still the same old grind. EDL not too much different.

Nothing will ever compare to the fight excitement of the early armours and early quests.

Making a single map is not going to keep people interested.

New mounts and pets are for pay to play-players not gamers.
I agree with this, although the last sentenced may be phrased poorly. I think the spirit of that sentence is that platinum items are only accessible for a small amount of the community.

So far we have mostly gotten recycled content and most new content we have gotten were pretty stale. The arcane sanctum update was actually the last good update imo.

Also, this is a personal preference, but for me this game takes too much time. I think mobile games should allow you to play for 20-30 minutes and then be able to go. That’s almost impossible with ch nowadays. When I just started playing the game around 2013 this was actually possible.

If I wanted to dive into a hardcore mmorpg I would probably get a pc or a console and get a game with a higher quality.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Also, this is a personal preference, but for me this game takes too much time. I think mobile games should allow you to play for 20-30 minutes and then be able to go. That’s almost impossible with ch nowadays. When I just started playing the game around 2013 this was actually possible.

If I wanted to dive into a hardcore mmorpg I would probably get a pc or a console and get a game with a higher quality.
With CH you can still pop in and out every so often...that's pretty much all I'm doing these days. You just need to get over the stigma of "I have to be on all the time to help my clan out".

Yes, the game requires a huge amount of time investment for camping and leveling...but it kinda needs to be that way, with how the game is currently set up. VR could change things around so that everything is a much faster pace...leveling takes place 5 times faster, bosses spawn way more often, and drop more things...that would mean more players get to the endgame quickly, instead of giving up after hitting the 100+ range where it starts taking a lot of time to do everything. There would be plenty of pros and cons to something like that though. A much faster player turnover, for example.

I also think that OTM was not trying to create just another "mobile" game (as most people understand the word). Yes, most mobile games are created to peak your interest for a few weeks, then pretty soon you hit the end or get bored, and move on. Like you said, hardcore MMOs aren't that way...and I think what OTM was trying to do was recreate a more in-depth MMO game, but for a different audience (mobile players).

It seems like it worked...just look at how long a lot of players have been playing. Good luck finding other "mobile" games that have players from 5+ years ago.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

All MMORPGs require lots of time out of your life if you want to go far, I personally can’t name one that doesn’t. I think the main problem is that a lot of people are stuck on the mindset of (like what Eragon said) “I need to be on all the time to help my clan”. It’s really not the case and it’s rather unhealthy

Also the way gear handouts works in this game doesn’t help... so really it’s the clans fault. That’s why dicing seems like the best way to go about things, it doesn’t go off of attendance, just your contributions to the current boss fight
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

All MMORPGs require lots of time out of your life if you want to go far, I personally can’t name one that doesn’t. I think the main problem is that a lot of people are stuck on the mindset of (like what Eragon said) “I need to be on all the time to help my clan”. It’s really not the case and it’s rather unhealthy

Also the way gear handouts works in this game doesn’t help... so really it’s the clans fault. That’s why dicing seems like the best way to go about things, it doesn’t go off of attendance, just your contributions to the current boss fight
A lot of time is a given, especially endgame.

Dicing for drops is terrible IMO. You could have an amazing player who shows up to every boss but loses a godly drop to some guy that shows up 5% of the boss kills. That’s why I like dkp. You have to PROVE you are worth a godly drop. Not get lucky and have no skill. Only way I see dicing okay is if the boss was killed once a day and dropped items for the classes that were present. Not once a week and barely drops something for your specific class.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Dicing for drops is terrible IMO. You could have an amazing player who shows up to every boss but loses a godly drop to some guy that shows up 5% of the boss kills. That’s why I like dkp. You have to PROVE you are worth a godly drop. Not get lucky and have no skill. Only way I see dicing okay is if the boss was killed once a day and dropped items for the classes that were present. Not once a week and barely drops something for your specific class.
Ik, dicing is pretty controversial. But for everyone who complains about the game taking up too much time, your solution is dicing.

Outside of endgame, leveling is the main issue... it takes waaaaay too long to reach endgame. Hours upon hours of the same boring grind, took me 7 years to reach endgame lol

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

People who play the game to achieve are gamers, people who just want the latest fashion are something else to be honest.
I’m happy to wear my armour and nothing else. I want to get sucked into the game and the quest and be immersed into trying to hit high on the score boards and complete challenges.

Mounts are great for movement speed but that’s it, if there were no mounts but more ley stones I wouldn’t be bothered at all.

I would like to see more quests and harder achievements instead of new chest every other week or a single map that is just about grinding.
So because people who don't have the same goals in the game as you are not gamers even though they're playing the same game? A gamer is a game player. Someone that plays a game is a gamer.

This reminds me of my buddy that thinks if you're not doing heavy triples in deadlift, squat, and bench and not competing is just wanna be lifters. I think that's dumb as some just want to be a bit healthier and not have a 900 pd squat. Different goals does not make one less than.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Same, been here since 9/11/11 — Most of the time there's nothing more to be said. A lot of suggestions would just be re-posts.

And hopefully the game will be much better with the new team on a new update. Really wishing to get re-energized and excited to play. It's been a long time since then.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

Ik, dicing is pretty controversial. But for everyone who complains about the game taking up too much time, your solution is dicing.

Outside of endgame, leveling is the main issue... it takes waaaaay too long to reach endgame. Hours upon hours of the same boring grind, took me 7 years to reach endgame lol
Geeze. Lol tbh leveling to endgame takes a while in every mmo. I honestly wish it was a little harder. :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Geeze. Lol tbh leveling to endgame takes a while in every mmo. I honestly wish it was a little harder. :lol:
The grind just sucks. Atleast in other MMOs the grind is fun, but OTM could never do it right. Even some of the quests arnt enjoyable, especially the OW ones. I find myself rushing through to get to the repeatables which are actually fun to do (kelpie horns, bridge sentinel, razor, giant snake thing).

VR needs to make more challenging but rewarding repeatables like the ones I mentioned... not like the blossoms quest