Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

I don’t know why people are complaining. Honestly CH players have it so good compared to most games where premium items are chargeable and non trade. In CH you can not play for 2 years and still come back super OP. Unpopular opinion but I wish there were more PtW items in this game as then it would make more money and we would get more new content. Even something like an elite pack for $5 a month which gives 1 of each type of lix per day and maybe some other perks.

This mount is achievable for free. Will you get it on the day it is released without spending cash or lots of ingame gold? Probably not. But you can absolutely work towards it and get it for nothing eventually. And let’s face it, the updates don’t come around often so you have plenty of time to get the mount before the next upgrade arrives.

My concern more is useless items we get lumped with that we pay for with plat. Like fashion tokens which we can’t spend because there’s never any new fash at the vendor. What does one do with 30+ sets of one color fash tokens? Maybe make them tradeable for mount tokens (10 fash tokens = 1 Mount token). If only.
Except a majority of those games you don't need elixers or plat items to level and it can be done much quicker than in CH. Of course, other games don't have levels that go up to 220+. With CH, if you don't use plat items to level, it's a very long, arduous task compared to many of the MMORPGs that you can do quests and pop levels fairly quickly.

If you're gone for 2 years and can come back super OP, then you're on a server that isn't killing proteus, gele, and/or bt regularly.

I do like the idea of plat packs and even a varying monthly subscription option. It doesn't need p2w items but exclusive fashion, weapon skins, mount/pet skins, banners, armor dyes, fashion dyes, etc would be cool along with lix options also like you mentioned.
My server kills Gele and Prot on day of spawn, Prot 95% of the time on spawn. It is possible to come back from a long hiatus in full DG with edl weps or Gele void wep and reaper ring etc and still be considered very OP on any server that can’t/doesn’t kill BT.

Yea in many games you don’t need lixes for your toon to level, but they always get you in some way. If you don’t pay to level your toon you will pay to get the gear for it to make it decent, or for ingame currency to participate in events to get anything good. CH is extremely unusual in that all the best gear is available for free to those prepared to put the work in. Lix is also available to those willing to farm gold. You have the option in CH of either paying in cash or time. That’s fairly unusual.

I like the idea of fash/armor dyes etc. They do that in another game I play (dyes are farmed from mobs and can be sold to other players) and the exclusive pay fashion changes every day and is non trade.
Well, yes, if you had full dg w/void weapons and godly proteus bracers and left today and came back in two years and compared your toon to other toons on servers that don't kill gele/bt/etc, then, yes, you would be OP. But that's not really comparing apples to apples. Now if you left today and didn't come back for 2 years (assuming the same server), then many on that server will have surpassed you if the game is doing what it should, which is a progression in gear. If you had quit 2 years ago and come back today on the same server and that server has moved onto killing gele and bt, then you wouldn't be OP at all.

My experience with other games has been completely the opposite. I'm not sure if VR frowns on mentioning other games so I'll just keep it to one. Take Order and Chaos for example. In that game you don't have to spend a dime or spend hours upon hours upon hours farming and you can level at a quick pace and acquire very nice gear. And there are quite a few like it. Now CH does have that game and those like it beat with its chat functions. Generally what I've seen is older players that keep playing don't necessarily play because the game stays enjoyable but because of the friendships and the people. I haven't really played another mobile MMORPG that does provide a people connection like CH does.

We're prob going off topic at this point.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Cooking is a MASSIVE gold sink. This is NOT a gold sink, its a plat sink to make VR more money.
I agree it shouldnt be too overpowered stats/skills wise, better looks + speed + immortal with same stats as T6 would be great still imo. I do think bounty tokens (hunter boon & prize) should have a buffed drop rate though after this update. Seeing as token pets will no longer be top tier and the mount will take a ridiculously long time to get without shoving your credit apple down VRs throat
You're right, perhaps a better description for it would be a time sink. Something that people can save up bounty tokens for, or collect mount tokens with the goal of getting.

I can totally see where everyone is coming from with the whole "immortal" thing....but that puts it over the "pay to win" bar IMO. From what I can tell, Spectral mounts are supposed to be a special thing that takes a lot of time to get, but does not impact the overall game by much...essentially insanely expensive mount fashion. If it were to respawn with the player, that would turn it into something where players feel like they have to get it. I don't think that's the point from VR's perspective. They want to add something that looks really awesome, and is very difficult to get, but doesn't have any noticeable impact on the game.

I think that is a smart thing to do. Will I ever get a spectral mount? Probably not. I don't spend enough time or money on the game to get it. However, because it's not an insanely overpowered item, I don't really care.

A lot of people seem to be viewing Spectral mounts as the next step up from a T4L6. I personally don't think that was the intent of VR. They wanted to add something in for people with maxed mounts to collect towards. Granted, I could be completely wrong, but I feel that if VR wanted it to be the next step up, it would be stronger.
Wow lol, just wow.
I know, right? I amaze myself sometimes.
Its wrong to say its not a gold sink when it requires double the tokens - that can only reasonably be acquired from chests for only a small upgrade, and of course its a pay to win item, because its better than any other battle mount lol.. But we players can't stop VR making the game play to win so whatever
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.

Except a majority of those games you don't need elixers or plat items to level and it can be done much quicker than in CH. Of course, other games don't have levels that go up to 220+. With CH, if you don't use plat items to level, it's a very long, arduous task compared to many of the MMORPGs that you can do quests and pop levels fairly quickly.

If you're gone for 2 years and can come back super OP, then you're on a server that isn't killing proteus, gele, and/or bt regularly.

I do like the idea of plat packs and even a varying monthly subscription option. It doesn't need p2w items but exclusive fashion, weapon skins, mount/pet skins, banners, armor dyes, fashion dyes, etc would be cool along with lix options also like you mentioned.
My server kills Gele and Prot on day of spawn, Prot 95% of the time on spawn. It is possible to come back from a long hiatus in full DG with edl weps or Gele void wep and reaper ring etc and still be considered very OP on any server that can’t/doesn’t kill BT.

Yea in many games you don’t need lixes for your toon to level, but they always get you in some way. If you don’t pay to level your toon you will pay to get the gear for it to make it decent, or for ingame currency to participate in events to get anything good. CH is extremely unusual in that all the best gear is available for free to those prepared to put the work in. Lix is also available to those willing to farm gold. You have the option in CH of either paying in cash or time. That’s fairly unusual.

I like the idea of fash/armor dyes etc. They do that in another game I play (dyes are farmed from mobs and can be sold to other players) and the exclusive pay fashion changes every day and is non trade.
Well, yes, if you had full dg w/void weapons and godly proteus bracers and left today and came back in two years and compared your toon to other toons on servers that don't kill gele/bt/etc, then, yes, you would be OP. But that's not really comparing apples to apples. Now if you left today and didn't come back for 2 years (assuming the same server), then many on that server will have surpassed you if the game is doing what it should, which is a progression in gear. If you had quit 2 years ago and come back today on the same server and that server has moved onto killing gele and bt, then you wouldn't be OP at all.

My experience with other games has been completely the opposite. I'm not sure if VR frowns on mentioning other games so I'll just keep it to one. Take Order and Chaos for example. In that game you don't have to spend a dime or spend hours upon hours upon hours farming and you can level at a quick pace and acquire very nice gear. And there are quite a few like it. Now CH does have that game and those like it beat with its chat functions. Generally what I've seen is older players that keep playing don't necessarily play because the game stays enjoyable but because of the friendships and the people. I haven't really played another mobile MMORPG that does provide a people connection like CH does.

We're prob going off topic at this point.
The only reason it may be frowned upon to talk about other games is because those other games have better aspects to the game than CH does haha..but I agree that Celtic heroes is at least w=one of the best games out there although there is a long way to go to keep people happy after they realise the flaws
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.