Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#21
MilkyBarz wrote:95% of my posts get deleted, they ban people for nothing... they are the reason forums dead



87.2% of statistics are made up on the spot!

Lidon wrote:Threads do indeed get deleted. Two of mine went "poof"!
Freedom of speech is meted out with censorship here.


Our forums are moderated because we want them to be a useful resource for people and we want our community to treat each other and our employees with respect. Just because you're behind a screen doesn't mean basic standards of behaviour no longer apply. As an experiment try standing in a store talking crap at other customers and shouting abuse at the staff, see how far "freedom of speech" get's you.
Image

#pray4songz

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#22
Schwing wrote:
MilkyBarz wrote:95% of my posts get deleted, they ban people for nothing... they are the reason forums dead



87.2% of statistics are made up on the spot!

Lidon wrote:Threads do indeed get deleted. Two of mine went "poof"!
Freedom of speech is meted out with censorship here.


Our forums are moderated because we want them to be a useful resource for people and we want our community to treat each other and our employees with respect. Just because you're behind a screen doesn't mean basic standards of behaviour no longer apply. As an experiment try standing in a store talking crap at other customers and shouting abuse at the staff, see how far "freedom of speech" get's you.

So if two customers ask the same thing are you gonna tell the second customer to gtfo and kick them out?
Blzzrd 225+ Rogue
Shivah 220+ Mage
Siege 150+ Warrior

Ascension of Danu

Image

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#23
Shivahh wrote:
Schwing wrote:
Lidon wrote:Threads do indeed get deleted. Two of mine went "poof"!
Freedom of speech is meted out with censorship here.


Our forums are moderated because we want them to be a useful resource for people and we want our community to treat each other and our employees with respect. Just because you're behind a screen doesn't mean basic standards of behaviour no longer apply. As an experiment try standing in a store talking crap at other customers and shouting abuse at the staff, see how far "freedom of speech" get's you.

So if two customers ask the same thing are you gonna tell the second customer to gtfo and kick them out?

More like: "shoulda been here a sec ago, another guy had the same question; conveniently the entire exchange was recorded so you can save time for both of us by referring to that first and seeing if it answers that."
Image

Avatar art courtesy Angmar Reid
Lugh:
Mindreader - W - Pegasus
Photon - R - Chrysaor
CH on discord
CH database
Bitey's Guide
CrazyMae wrote:May your farts be sulfurous, personally offensive and unrelenting, only subsiding within my divine presence.

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#24
Fun facts about freedom of speech:
- It means that the government cannot prosecute you for what you say or write, except in certain circumstances. VR is not the government, and therefore you have no protection under the Second Amendment.
- Freedom of speech does not give you the right to offend other people, and that they have to put up with it.
- Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. The forum rules are published, and if they are broken there are consequences.

This is my layman’s understanding of the Second Amendment. Maybe a lawyer out there can correct or add anything that I missed.
Image

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#25
Bitey wrote:Fun facts about freedom of speech:
- It means that the government cannot prosecute you for what you say or write, except in certain circumstances. VR is not the government, and therefore you have no protection under the Second Amendment.
- Freedom of speech does not give you the right to offend other people, and that they have to put up with it.
- Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. The forum rules are published, and if they are broken there are consequences.

This is my layman’s understanding of the Second Amendment. Maybe a lawyer out there can correct or add anything that I missed.


Psst. First Amendment. Second is bearing arms.

Fun fact. The First Amendment was the third Amendment originally proposed. One of the originally proposed Amendments (congressional emoluments) is now the 27th, requiring far more states to join the Union before ratification was possible, and because the original amendment in the proposed bill of rights did not have a ratification deadline in the text.

And yes, the amendment is “Congress shall make no law abridging...the freedom of speech” which was incorporated to the states through the 14th amendment’s due process clause. You have no right to free speech with private entities.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#26
Xanadu wrote:Psst. First Amendment. Second is bearing arms.

:shock: wait... you’re saying that this doesn’t have anything to do with the second amendment? *Sets down shotgun*not meant to tick off any anti violence people, just meant to make fun
...ohh, that did sound too exciting come to think of it.
Image

Avatar art courtesy Angmar Reid
Lugh:
Mindreader - W - Pegasus
Photon - R - Chrysaor
CH on discord
CH database
Bitey's Guide
CrazyMae wrote:May your farts be sulfurous, personally offensive and unrelenting, only subsiding within my divine presence.

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#27
Mind wrote:
Xanadu wrote:Psst. First Amendment. Second is bearing arms.

:shock: wait... you’re saying that this doesn’t have anything to do with the second amendment? *Sets down shotgun*not meant to tick off any anti violence people, just meant to make fun
...ohh, that did sound too exciting come to think of it.

My fault I meant first. Never write posts afte midnight right before going to sleep.
Image

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#28
Its a long argument between negativity vs over-moderation of forums. U decide which is the reason, most of us just moved to other chat apps. I see no use in General Discussion, Feedbacks & Suggestions or class forums anymore, thus I barely even bother reading them. The hottest forum right now could be Off-Topic where theres minimal moderation and more interest I guess. Too much personal agendas swaying the way things are being moderated.

Before any mod quotes me and says Im wrong, dont bother, Im simply using different apps. Hope u enjoy moderating dead forums.
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#29
Froze wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
Hison wrote:
I think there is just nothing exciting to talk about right now. And many players have switched their communications to other apps.

Pretty much ya. When the new beta drops there will be plenty of talk I believe.


True, the last couple months has been pretty slow in terms of events and stuff due to the Unity update, so people are probably not as active. I’m sure someone would say it’s becasue of “lack of free speech” from morderators or not “listening to feedback,” but it’s been a slow couple months and people are mostly likely just reading the posts, rather than posting them.


You can talk about nearly anything in the rants forum per their rules. Just can't swear or bring convo into general chat or be nasty.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

#30
Criminal wrote:Its a long argument between negativity vs over-moderation of forums. U decide which is the reason, most of us just moved to other chat apps. I see no use in General Discussion, Feedbacks & Suggestions or class forums anymore, thus I barely even bother reading them. The hottest forum right now could be Off-Topic where theres minimal moderation and more interest I guess. Too much personal agendas swaying the way things are being moderated.

Before any mod quotes me and says Im wrong, dont bother, Im simply using different apps. Hope u enjoy moderating dead forums.


+1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lucerin and 22 guests