Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why does damage reduction exist?

Are you talking about the crushing resistance? If so, the different resistances exist obviously to ward against specific enemies/areas. For instance, poison resist comes very useful in corrupted gardens. Crushing is useful in that area of otherworld. The resistances are an alternate option to wards that druids use, I suppose.
Forever Rosmerta!
Bowdude: 221 Ranger
Gwenna1: 215 Rogue
Jeanie: 215 mage

Are you talking about the crushing resistance? If so, the different resistances exist obviously to ward against specific enemies/areas. For instance, poison resist comes very useful in corrupted gardens. Crushing is useful in that area of otherworld. The resistances are an alternate option to wards that druids use, I suppose.
He's wondering why he does so little damage on a mob 60 levels above him compared to a mob at his level.

Simply because of ur stats.
Try getting a lvl 120 warrior was the exact same stats and gear of ur lvl 60 warrior it SHOULD do the same damage.
That’s what i have been told regarding this topic.
It's not the stats, lavalord is extremely powerful. It is the level difference, and it reduces the % of damage you do based on how far apart you are. But I was mainly wondering why it exists, since theres not much of a reason for it to.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Try getting a lvl 120 warrior was the exact same stats and gear of ur lvl 60 warrior it SHOULD do the same damage.
It's not the stats, lavalord is extremely powerful. It is the level difference, and it reduces the % of damage you do based on how far apart you are. But I was mainly wondering why it exists, since theres not much of a reason for it to.
So people aren't killing mobs they aren't meant to at their level. Keeps progression happening.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I believe it’s because there’s pretty bad scaling on gear towards late game, and it keeps levels relevant. I imagine people could use an army of level 120 toons on legacy in carrow if there wasn’t a penalty, it’s just a symptom of poor scaling I think.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I noticed this when I used to plvl alts using my mages cloak of fire, In shalemont, I cloaked one of my level 30 or so toons and ran him around the level 35+ area, I did the same with another level 10 or so toon, the damage dealt by cloak despite it being a 50/50 on the level 10 toon was reduced
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu