Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: BT kill number 30 on Gwydion

Players can only use so many skills, why buff skills that in the end, even if they become decent, can’t be used due to a maximum amount of available skill points?
Most of these skills are temporary support skills, or support skills used on an alt in which while they help out, they are not skills that anyone would use normally. This isn’t just because of the “power” of the skill but also their relative powers compared to better developed skills and because of the skills nature.
For example, no matter how op EB becomes, no true DPS mage would use it. DPS gear and dropping out to sigil is still better DPS (belly rubs can regen full mana in 30 seconds or less).
Yeah it’s because half of the skills right now are either utter trash or useful only in extremely niche situations. And not everyone can afford to become true dps mage with thousands of sigs at their disposal. Your example of EB is still used by many players compared to other skills like energy harvest.

And you went pretty bold saying no matter how op EB becomes...probably cuz you’re only thinking of adjusting raw numbers. But what if additional utility effect added to EB? Like providing the affected player with “decrease 20% recast time” on all their skills and stacks diminishly with other recast gears? Highly unlikely that it will happen tho, at this rate. Maybe In 5 years down the road, lol.
Now thats creative thinking. Buffing isnt just raw numbers, sometimes u can even entirely change the skill.
True, that was an oversight on my part to assume by buff the op of this sub discussion meant only a numerical increase to the current skill stats.
The way I see it however, unless large changes are made to the way skills are in the game in general, whether that be a skill tree, passive buffs, more nuanced skills, etc... the current skills are okay minus some small balancing act changes that need to be fixed on a formula level.
There are a lot of other more pressing areas where I would argue immediate changes are needed. The game ever since 2014 has just been a big game of camp and lock without any real content. The only reason for getting new gear is to outlock other people for that gear, it’s completly circular. This circular game mode is what bores many players, and why multiple servers are seeing their numbers drastically decline. The other day for example, I talked to a player who says their server struggles to get enough loggers for even mordy any more after competition died off.
Most successful MMO’s use bossing and gear and leveling as vertical content, but make it so that vertical content isn’t the only part of the game, they make it so it isn’t just a circle of camp, lock, gear, repeat... PVP, actual side quests for fashion, nonvertical gear, and other customizations and competitions promote horizontal, non circular, unique game play. This is the type of game play that CH started to develop when it first came out as evidenced by earlier side quests and PvP attempts, however this was quickly ditched for a vertical only lay out...

CH is a mobile mmo, something people like Aileron have stressed for YEARS. Mobile means the bay majority of players only want to be on for minutes at a tome, and that each device relies on a battery to play.
A horizontal based game with a vertical growth between horizontal settings would work perfectly for a mobile platform and can easily replace the camp, lock, kill, gear repeat loop we currently play in that destroys our device’s batteries...

Edit: sorry for all the typos :lol: typing on phone sucks with auto correct ._.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Great feedback and cool perspective. There's definitely quite a few points I, personally, agree on. Understanding player behavior as a generalized sentiment, yes, many mobile players play for shorter time intervals. BUT, that is 1. changing and 2. different for many games. I worked on a simulation game that our average player's session time was over an hour. We had a significant portion of the playerbase play in sessions of 5 hours or more. This game was built to be played in 15-minute to 30-minute intervals. You adjust your strategy and goals based upon your existing playerbase to attract more players of a similar vein.

I do agree that I would like to see more horizontal content. I think that content is important in any MMORPG, regardless of platform. From my understanding, the directional change was more to add permanent content VS seasonal. I think horizontal content is great permanent content that adds a lot of variety to a game and breaks up the grind of the vertical. As a side thought, I think you can add permanent seasonal content. Many MMORPG's run the same seasonal events year in and year out.

Great feedback and cool perspective. There's definitely quite a few points I, personally, agree on. Understanding player behavior as a generalized sentiment, yes, many mobile players play for shorter time intervals. BUT, that is 1. changing and 2. different for many games. I worked on a simulation game that our average player's session time was over an hour. We had a significant portion of the playerbase play in sessions of 5 hours or more. This game was built to be played in 15-minute to 30-minute intervals. You adjust your strategy and goals based upon your existing playerbase to attract more players of a similar vein.

I do agree that I would like to see more horizontal content. I think that content is important in any MMORPG, regardless of platform. From my understanding, the directional change was more to add permanent content VS seasonal. I think horizontal content is great permanent content that adds a lot of variety to a game and breaks up the grind of the vertical. As a side thought, I think you can add permanent seasonal content. Many MMORPG's run the same seasonal events year in and year out.
When are you doing another event? Seems we have had the maintenance event several times now and it's getting boring
Hi