Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skill Casting and Auto Delay

I have always wondered why your character delays casting skills or autoing a mob. Don’t worry I will explain this so it makes sense.

For and example on skills: Looking at my ranger that I’m working on, I notice when I cast longshot from max range then go to cast sharp shot my character will stand still for a couple seconds before moving forward to cast the skill. By then the pin has expired and been wasted. Or if I say kill a mob and then click another and cast a skill that I need to move into range to cast my character stands still for a couple seconds before moving.

For an example on autos: Much like the second scenario described in the skill example. I kill one mob and click another and hit auto to attack it but my character stands still for a couple seconds before moving into range to attack the mob.

For the most part I notice it when the auto button or a skill is hit when not in range to auto or cast skill. Sometimes I notice it happen when I’m within range but not as much. Is their an explanation as to why this occurs? I have thought of a couple different reasons but ruled them out do to not making much sense for some classes.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Re: Skill Casting and Auto Delay

The skills have animations, and wont let you move after using them(autos do too but not as long).

These animations can be interrupted by other things like another attacks/skills/items, but NOT by moving.

You just gotta work around it, and I would suggest manually moving around(as autoattack doesnt run at max speed), or when leveling have another enemy within range.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

The skills have animations, and wont let you move after using them(autos do too but not as long).

These animations can be interrupted by other things like another attacks/skills/items, but NOT by moving.

You just gotta work around it, and I would suggest manually moving around(as autoattack doesnt run at max speed), or when leveling have another enemy within range.
Not sure how skill animations would cause a delay in moving your character within target range. I know skills have animations that take longer than the initial cast time and go past the skill damage showing. I mean that when I click a skill and my player stands still for serveral seconds before deciding to move into range to cast skill or auto. I am also aware that I can move my character towards the target to manually get in range and make skills work properly, it’s more a QoL thing when Im eating/drinking whilst playing.

I guess it would be more appropriate to ask is there a reason behind this occurring? I’m sure none of use know for sure and can only make general assumptions, mainly a question for VR to answer. Hopefully this is something that could be possibly changed for the future. As dark kitty said it’s annoying and IMO it’s pointless to have.

Also one thing you mentioned that I didn’t think about is when your character chases a mob with auto clicked and doesn’t run full speed. Seems like this is something that should be looked at also to see what the reasoning behind this is.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Not sure how skill animations would cause a delay in moving your character within target range. I know skills have animations that take longer than the initial cast time and go past the skill damage showing. I mean that when I click a skill and my player stands still for serveral seconds before deciding to move into range to cast skill or auto. I am also aware that I can move my character towards the target to manually get in range and make skills work properly, it’s more a QoL thing when Im eating/drinking whilst playing.

I guess it would be more appropriate to ask is there a reason behind this occurring? I’m sure none of use know for sure and can only make general assumptions, mainly a question for VR to answer. Hopefully this is something that could be possibly changed for the future. As dark kitty said it’s annoying and IMO it’s pointless to have.

Also one thing you mentioned that I didn’t think about is when your character chases a mob with auto clicked and doesn’t run full speed. Seems like this is something that should be looked at also to see what the reasoning behind this is.
Welcome to the life of a ranger._.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Happens to other classes besides ranger ._. I just notice a lot with longshot having a longer cast distance that every other skill in the ranger arsenal.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Happens to other classes besides ranger ._. I just notice a lot with longshot having a longer cast distance that every other skill in the ranger arsenal.
Happens with firebolt and ice shards too, shards have a slightly shorter range, idk why. Rarely encountered because most are only one element, but still odd.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Does it say skill uses damage and delay?if so it is supposed to be like that...I once used a Ymir dagger and my sneaky took 4seconds to cast
I'm not talking about cast time. Which is what is affected by damage and delay of weapon. If your referring to when your skill doesn't look like it's casting for 4 seconds then it's just a visual delay as you can see the skill cast timer jump to half a second before skill casts.

What I'm referring to is when you cast a skill and your character stands still for a couple seconds before moving to then start casting the skill. Not the skills cast time being delayed itself, for me that's just a visual glitch.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger