Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

Engine and UI are fundamental parts of the game, as are lock mechanics and the other changes that come with them.
For those of us who have played since before the last engine change will recall the larger play changes that have occurred. The engine is the underlying structure to the whole game, what everything else is built upon, so logically changes to the engine are changes to fundamental aspects of the game.
You make some good points. Though from what I understand the engine update it shouldn't affect the current gameplay, though it might affect future additions to gameplay. Yes, the original change from OTM's home built engine to the Unity engine was a major one, and a lot of stuff was changed. However, I don't see many changes coming about from simply updating to a newer version of the current engine.

I could be wrong though. The only way to know for certain is to wait and see when the update is rolled out.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Engine and UI are fundamental parts of the game, as are lock mechanics and the other changes that come with them.
For those of us who have played since before the last engine change will recall the larger play changes that have occurred. The engine is the underlying structure to the whole game, what everything else is built upon, so logically changes to the engine are changes to fundamental aspects of the game.
You make some good points. Though from what I understand the engine update it shouldn't affect the current gameplay, though it might affect future additions to gameplay. Yes, the original change from OTM's home built engine to the Unity engine was a major one, and a lot of stuff was changed. However, I don't see many changes coming about from simply updating to a newer version of the current engine.

I could be wrong though. The only way to know for certain is to wait and see when the update is rolled out.
Not the only way to know.
If the design/dev team is on top of things they should be able to “preview” some of it before they actually start to build it. This will give us as a community time to comment on specific changes they may make so this way they know before they put in the time that we like/dislike something and so they can adapt their design to our critiques and suggestions need be.
One of my biggest issues with OTM as a company is that they only revealed what they wanted to do AFTER they did it, and they expected us to roll with it for another 2 years.
Only time will tell what VR wants to do, and considering they are under the same boss (from what I understand) idk how much will change. Maybe it was a dev issue with not wanting to share, but I feel like it was more so a hushed up corporate climate where they wanted to develop a product and then give it to us.
I agree with the saying that consumers don’t know what they want until they see it, but that doesn’t mean VR has to leave us out of the picture entirely like OTM did.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Your right and I should do that, and I will do that.

Just got a bit agitated after hearing and reading for myself why some fellow contributors got banned so jumped on the bandwagon.

Don’t want to make myself a martyr but after 5+ years of playing this game I’m at a point where I just can’t sit on the sidelines and continue to contribute.
Aileron isn’t here anymore so I guess we have to fill in his shoes :lol:
People have been given a time out for persistent patterns of behavior, despite warnings. Being critical is fine derailing threads constantly with insults and hostility is not ok, it makes the forum as a whole a less pleasant environment for those who do want to engage in a reasonable and constructive way.
We need more constructive Bob
F25DCFC9-7F58-4346-AB31-50878BDC6879.jpeg
F25DCFC9-7F58-4346-AB31-50878BDC6879.jpeg (907.24 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Your right and I should do that, and I will do that.

Just got a bit agitated after hearing and reading for myself why some fellow contributors got banned so jumped on the bandwagon.

Don’t want to make myself a martyr but after 5+ years of playing this game I’m at a point where I just can’t sit on the sidelines and continue to contribute.
Aileron isn’t here anymore so I guess we have to fill in his shoes :lol:
People have been given a time out for persistent patterns of behavior, despite warnings. Being critical is fine derailing threads constantly with insults and hostility is not ok, it makes the forum as a whole a less pleasant environment for those who do want to engage in a reasonable and constructive way.
We need more constructive Bob
F25DCFC9-7F58-4346-AB31-50878BDC6879.jpeg
:lol:
Why didn’t I see this coming :lol: ;)
Bob The God

Another pet from chests
No tweaks to cg offhands
No tweaks to skills

Well at least VR is following in the footsteps of OTM and not listening to player feedback. Nothing like consistency.
+1 rip ch.
Also no pures changes. This is getting stupid af
+1
Only bothering to dig to first page cuz they got banned for saying this.
If VR can’t take criticism then idk what they are doing running a forum...
Not everyone will love what you do, that’s just life, and just because people disagree with the majority doesn’t make them wrong on face...
I actually agree with them on this. I love the changes you are making, but all the things listed here are issues that players have been spamming forums about in recent times, and it would be nice for an ETA along those lines, or at least an acknowledgment of these issues.

Tadaah you need to be more professional and take a few pages from Muldar. I know you are new to the job and are still learning, but there is only so long where that excuse will be acceptable. When someone says something you don’t like, quote and ask why they said it, ask for more details, or ask them to reword it to be more constructive. What you shouldn’t do is ban someone for having a contradictory opinion to the conpany’s business plan. Why? Because the odds are he isn’t the only person to feel the way he does.

One more thing, ima be honest, I didn’t read the whole announcement, just parts. But is iPhoneX compatibility coming (finally) :D

You may now ban me :-)
Will give me a reason to do stuff in real life instead of typing up posts on the forums :lol:
He tried every one of those suggestions you made lol and just because the warnings were on separate pages that doesn't mean that it's ok to come into another post expecting each post to forget about the previous ones warnings

This is so about to get locked... :shock:
(I’m eating popcorn while reading these posts) :POP:
Eh its a bit off topic, but still relevant I would argue.
Maybe I should have made a seperate thread about forum moderation, but considering this thread was the “source” it could be argued that this thread is still a somewhat appropriate place for the discussion.
Bob The God

Your comments don’t make any sense, did you read the announcement? They are changing pretty much everything fundamental to current gameplay... the issues being brought up are small things that they have overlooked because they are doing just what you are saying they aren’t. They jumped into making big rash changes and as a result they have overlooked small things that players have big concerns and grievances over.
It’s because of this that some players have become “annoying” as you so put it. It’s been said politely for years now...
Which big controversial changes are you referring to? I’m assuming you mean the Unity update, which is needed for the feasibility of future updates.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

With this new engine going to be coming out can we finally see a dps sheet after each boss fight?
A simple UI popup would be fine imo. This has been suggested before in greater depth, so you should consult that. Being able to see how well you did compared to everyone else would be awesome. Can even add total heals a druid did and aggro of a tank to not just cater to dps.
220 Druid SupremeDruid