Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Reset Hours

I think the best could be 9/10 am EST for all timezones since that means its between 11/12 for asia and australia, mid day 3/4 pm for euros and morning for america, that means its not in anyones night. For my clan specifically I would say 4pm est or 2 hours earlier bevause it favours both euros and americans and our clan has mostly americans, then euros and then a couple of asians/australians.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Ideally, what needs to be done, in my opinion, is reduce the respawn time of all raids and make bosses spawn 0-6 hours after the reset, and not necessarily all be up simultaneously, would introduce some randomness without changing the ideal reset time for the VR team.
No thanks. I’d rather see camping abolished. This idea would create group camping around all bosses, so again, larger clans win.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

I think the best could be 9/10 am EST for all timezones since that means its between 11/12 for asia and australia, mid day 3/4 pm for euros and morning for america, that means its not in anyones night. For my clan specifically I would say 4pm est or 2 hours earlier bevause it favours both euros and americans and our clan has mostly americans, then euros and then a couple of asians/australians.
refer to my previous post. I’m a carpenter and there is no way in hell im staying up for a midnight reset where I won’t sleep till 2am and then have to be up between 4-5am for work. This is quite literally the worst possible time for any aussie who needs to be up early for work
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Good to hear feedback from both sides.

Would love to have a system that we could turn on/off events based on time-zone. Unfortunately, I think that is a system that would have to been in from the beginning... I hope y'all don't mind if I segway the conversation a bit. BUT, if that was ever possible (I'm not saying it's even a possibility), what time of day do y'all think is best for starting an event?
Unfortunately I think this would require servers to be allocated by timezone, as Ventius says anything related to boss spawns wouldn't work starting at different times, overall the player base is too small and too far along for this.

If in dream world it were possible I would say 7pm is generally a safe time on any day.
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

Resets should be whatever time works best for VR, as others said they are a BONUS, you don’t have to be at all of them and no one will be there all the time no matter when they are. It’s best if they stick to one time imo so we know when they’ll usually be, current one is fine I think. It’ll always be bad for a certain time zone can’t please everyone. I do think they should give us at least 24hrs notice when possible though
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Need to do what muldar did aswell by saying a day before on forums as most people check here, then have the ingame notif 60-30 mins before reset
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

refer to my previous post. I’m a carpenter and there is no way in hell im staying up for a midnight reset where I won’t sleep till 2am and then have to be up between 4-5am for work. This is quite literally the worst possible time for any aussie who needs to be up early for work
you are a minority
Hi

you are a minority

So life should just forget everything unless it doesn’t benefit the US

Your not the most important people and have had it lucky for so long why can’t the rest have a chance

Anywho @Staff it doesn’t matter when you restart as bosses are as mentioned many many times a conplete bonus, but honestly it’s unfair after so long of US orientated resets people are still fighting to keep it that way. Selfish people imo the rest of the world does exist and they like games too

Base it on a time that works for VR AND a time zone that represents the largest number of players, wherever those two meet. I'm sure VR can figure out where folks log in from (hope so anyway).

Most servers are global; I don't think boss spawns can legitimately be geared to any specific server as a result. Whatever the time ends up being, it WILL be inconvenient to someone.

I'd say just leave it as is.

People do need to realise that change is inevitable, it's a little unfair to force VR to reset based on your convenience, rather than your own.

Or perhaps remove bosses spawning after resets so that this doesn't become an issue anymore.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.