Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Reminder About PM's

To be honest I think this post just speaks volumes about the difference in skill level between Tadaah and Muldar. What trained and experienced CM would make a post that essentially says "yeah can you stop trying to talk to me it's really annoying".

If the issue is reducing work load by keeping things in the proper channels then perhaps the CEO shouldn't have sacked 18 people?
No, the issue is that Tadaah would prefer to keep any questions and discussions in the proper channels, which makes perfect sense.
He isn't saying don't contact him at all, just that if you already sent in a support ticket, spamming an admin ain't gonna help the matter.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

To be honest I think this post just speaks volumes about the difference in skill level between Tadaah and Muldar. What trained and experienced CM would make a post that essentially says "yeah can you stop trying to talk to me it's really annoying".

If the issue is reducing work load by keeping things in the proper channels then perhaps the CEO shouldn't have sacked 18 people?
No, the issue is that Tadaah would prefer to keep any questions and discussions in the proper channels, which makes perfect sense.
He isn't saying don't contact him at all, just that if you already sent in a support ticket, spamming an admin ain't gonna help the matter.
+1 if the OP read what Tadaah replies it shows clearly he wants to keep it in areas other than PM’s.

Even Muldar wasn’t a fan of wasted spams that go nowhere

It is no secret. I do not like PM's. I want to focus on the community as a whole. From my perspective, the more time I'm buried in PMs, the less time you see us active and answering on the forums.

I understand some questions, concerns, etc. need to be handled via PM. BUT, PMs on the forums are not to be used as a way to circumvent support, appeals, etc. If it's support/appeals related, please go through the appropriate channels. That applies to any employee that introduces themselves on the forums.

Thank you all for understanding.
Every single time I've messaged support/appeals I've never gotten a response.. and tbh the only response I've even gotten on forums for any issues or questions I've had is from you tadaaah.. most of the time and I can't speak for anyone else but if their experiences have been like mine it's been all ignored except the times I've pm'd you..

Full transparency:

Emails Support: is backlogged to Wed. (about 55 in inbox) Appeals are within 24 hours. (about 25 inbox) Tickets are about 5 days behind.

I don't say don't do it because I don't care. As you are all aware, our support/community staff just got smaller. The staff here will be working to get these caught up, including me. So asking you to go through the appropriate channels doesn't lessen my workload. BUT it is necessary if I want to make a case for another headcount or new software. If you just keep sending me PM's, I don't have an accurate number to present to my boss to say, "Hey, look, we're receiving X number of tickets/emails/etc. a week. We're continuously backlogged by X days. What solutions can get to become more efficient and help these people get to solutions faster."

In conjunction with this, I want to foster more open conversation. A big complaint I see is not being on the forums enough, but it isn't always that we aren't, but if I'm in PMs you can't see that. If you want more transparency, it's better to have suggestions and feedback as a forum discussion; not as a PM. Again, yes, there are some topics you would need to PM someone.

@BigDiesel: I'm hoping that changes. We're working full steam ahead for that.

I still think that PM’s can be useful. Unless we can have direct developer and employee feedback on the forums (like what esq and dexxa did in beta) then it often comes down to a pm to the developers.
It’s great that a CM can forward stuff to them, but even with Muldar this often times left stuff out of the conversation, hence the PM’s sent after the fact to clear things up.

I get developers are busy, but maybe 15 minutes a day they can read heavy threads with feedback and comment as well about why it may or may not work.
I have high hopes that you all as a fresh company can start from scratch and as a result avoid habits that’s OTM had, this would be a nice change if you could!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Full transparency:

Emails Support: is backlogged to Wed. (about 55 in inbox) Appeals are within 24 hours. (about 25 inbox) Tickets are about 5 days behind.

I don't say don't do it because I don't care. As you are all aware, our support/community staff just got smaller. The staff here will be working to get these caught up, including me. So asking you to go through the appropriate channels doesn't lessen my workload. BUT it is necessary if I want to make a case for another headcount or new software. If you just keep sending me PM's, I don't have an accurate number to present to my boss to say, "Hey, look, we're receiving X number of tickets/emails/etc. a week. We're continuously backlogged by X days. What solutions can get to become more efficient and help these people get to solutions faster."

In conjunction with this, I want to foster more open conversation. A big complaint I see is not being on the forums enough, but it isn't always that we aren't, but if I'm in PMs you can't see that. If you want more transparency, it's better to have suggestions and feedback as a forum discussion; not as a PM. Again, yes, there are some topics you would need to PM someone.

I'm still waiting for response from support from before the dates you have mentioned I have had no communication aboutmy banned toons from any member of otm
Balor
Aequilibrium chief(R.I.P)
220 warrior
220 mage
216 ranger
225 rogue

Full transparency:

I'm still waiting for response from support from before the dates you have mentioned I have had no communication aboutmy banned toons from any member of otm
Maybe in addition to volunteer moderators we need a volunteer help desk? :lol: in all seriousness I know the help desk does the best they can with the resources they have, and I hope that their ticketing system gets better so that service can improve.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Maybe in addition to volunteer moderators we need a volunteer help desk? :lol: in all seriousness I know the help desk does the best they can with the resources they have, and I hope that their ticketing system gets better so that service can improve.
That's a good idea! They can help with minor things so VR can focus on the others.
not sure this would be the best idea as many times the tickets contain sensitive information. My feeling is that the time it would take to weed out the nonsensitive tickets is time that could answer those same tickets.

What would be nice is to see the community go to the forums for general game questions, what the ask for help section is there for after-all.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I feel like PMs aren’t a bad thing. Yes, tadaah might be filled with PMs everyday. But I feel like PMs might be useful for “simple” questions with low priority that doesn’t need the urgency of the community or maybe only the devs know the answer to it . If the question has priority, it’s better off be posted in General discussion for the community to see.