Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Quick question for everyone

To what extent would a player be considered active or inactive?
There has been a lot of confusion within my clan about what is considered "inactivity". Would you consider someone that logs once a day for a prot as "active" but that person never shows up ever again that day. Or someone that logs on and afk's in castle or levels an alt but never ever does timers, but they're online all the time but contribute little to nothing for the clan. Would they be considered as "active" too? Or would you consider someone that camps, does timers, and shows up to as many bosses as possible as "active"? But these people only do it for about a few days and then disappear. Would someone that logs once a week for a prot/gele kill be considered "active" too? The main point of the question I wanted to touch on was, at what point do they reach being called "inactive"? Or what is the bare minimum to actually be called an "active player"?
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

Re: Quick question for everyone

My definitions of actives in an RPG are these:

Actively Levelling a main account or alt (they are doing something beneficial)
Actively killing and timing bosses for a certain period of time (they are spending quality time)
Actively questing for a good period of time (they are working on useful things)
Actively doing all of the above (god you got yourself a determined player right there!)

Many level Alts / mains and then use them in bossing, just need to give them the time to achieve that

edit: In my opinion, actively helping the clan, and generally being active are two different things

actively helping the clan is going to bosses when called and supporting its growth, being active is generally logging in and doing things for an acceptable period

Camping for hours / afking / afk-related activities is not being active, thats not someone doing anything beneficial whilst putting effort in

Inactivity:

Not logging regulary (as in once every 2 weeks/months /even years)
Logging for say 10 minutes and not helping out (unless good reason, i log for social concerns or if a boss is called due to real life)
not question or improving on your level / progress for poor reasons (just plain lazy)
Last edited by Thefreeze on Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think activity is based on what you’re contributing to the clan on a weekly basis. Of course things come up in real life and it’s impossible for some people to log every single day and a person may have to go on a two week hiatus so not seeing someone for two weeks shouldn’t auto count against them. It’s also very hard to compare two peoples game styles. One person may be able to spend far more time inside the game, but just because someone has less time to play, doesn’t mean they’re “inactive” either. How people choose to help when they’re online goes a long way in my opinion. So I’d say an active person is defined by logging several times throughout the week to help on edl bosses as well as any other armour bosses that a clan may camp in addition to major raid bosses. People who just log twice a week for Gele arent active. If a person logs in every single day and spends hours online but doesn’t show up to bosses that clan needs help on, they’re aren’t active either. It’s best (but time consuming) to track everyone’s attendance for the most important bosses and then set a fair number of attendance that’s to be expected in order be eligible for drops. If they fail to meet it, then they can’t argue (although some will argue regardless).
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I have played in a wide variety of settings since I went EG 3 years ago.
Res it was 70 dl edl bosses a month, my current clan it’s a lot looser, and I have been involved with groups where it is in between the two.

To me an active clanny is someone who is online helping the clan for 1-2 hours a day. This could be for EG bosses, edl dl, camping edl/dL. Castle camping and leveling I wouldn’t include in this as that helps the self more than the clan.

An active player I would say is anyone who plays (as in active not afk in castle while watching Netflix) for at least 1 hour a day.

Really it doesn’t matter too much. Each clan and group of people will redefine activity as it best suits their needs and ends to incentive and appropriately reward those who participate. Really isn’t s concrete notion or definition that can be applied to multiple scenarios.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

In terms of what is "active" for your clan, I think that's something you would need to discuss with clan members and come to a consensus.

For me, it would be the activity you take part in for the clan when you are online in combination with how often you are online. I wouldn't consider someone inactive until they haven't logged on for two weeks to give them some wiggle room for life. That may be too long for some clans though.

Just a quick thought, it would be nice to have a "last seen" on the clan roster.

E. G. "Last seen 3 hours ago" or "Last seen 2 days ago"

It'd make it a bit easier to enumerate the active players and potentially get rid of long term inactive players
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

Actively playing day to day. Of course no one can be on everyday and rl gets in the way, But playing everyday actively when you can. I wouldn’t consider levelling an alt being active if you’re ignoring important bosses for it. Camping and killing bosses which drops your clan are low on as well and not just going bosses you benefit from
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Just a quick thought, it would be nice to have a "last seen" on the clan roster.

It'd make it a bit easier to enumerate the active players and potentially get rid of long term inactive players
I +1 this idea would help a lot ,_, could be used for friends list too
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

Basically actively helping ur clan from inside the game, doing actions that benefit ur clan and put them first, but also actions that can be done by everyone equally. For example, I do banking for my clan which is an action I do to benefit the clan and putting the clan's needs before my personal free time, but that doesnt boost my activity when it comes to gear because its an action only a selective few can do. Thats why the clans usually put a big emphasize on camping and raiding, because thats an action that can be done equally by every member of the clan and solely relies on the player's determination and not his rank. I do still think that players like bankers should be appreciated for a time consuming job, but preferably with words and actions rather than drops, its more rewarding than pixelated items. Also as a banker I hold benefit to give my toons clan gear at any time if sitting in the bank (in whatever system it may be) if its not requested nor posted, but I still do and expect others to let players know and give them time frame to ask (and on useful drops even post them for grabs) before giving themselves that benefit.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I +1 this idea would help a lot ,_, could be used for friends list too
+1
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at