Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dkp with decay

For the sake of our dying clan on herne, someone please list the benefits of dkp with decay. Specifically answer this question: how is it fair to someone who spent all their time getting highest dkp in clan If they go inactive and it’s all erased eventually?

Our clan doesn’t believe it’s a good system and I’m here to argue otherwise, would appreciate some help._.
Last edited by Curry30423 on Fri May 25, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Re: Dkp with decay

Also how fair is it if someone that has the highest dkp quits with that high dkp because there is no decay system. And then comes back next update or next boss when it drops a godly item, only to go back inactive with that item because they have so much dkp that they outbid everyone else. Please note that our dkp is not inflated so the amount of dkp you can earn in terms of numbers is pretty low.
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

The reason for decay dkp is so that players are rewarded based on their current activity, not activity a year ago. If you go inactive for a long period of time for whatever reason you should not be able to return to front of the line for gear, which is what decay prevents. But if lots in your clan disagree with it maybe it’s time to revise the system and change dkp amounts from bosses or how much is removed each month/weeks with decay.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

The reason for decay dkp is so that players are rewarded based on their current activity, not activity a year ago. If you go inactive for a long period of time for whatever reason you should not be able to return to front of the line for gear, which is what decay prevents. But if lots in your clan disagree with it maybe it’s time to revise the system and change dkp amounts from bosses or how much is removed each month/weeks with decay.
Problem is we don’t have decay. And some of us are trying to get our system to be dkp with decay but it’s hard because people are refusing to accept the facts.-.

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Problem is we don’t have decay. And some of us are trying to get our system to be dkp with decay but it’s hard because people are refusing to accept the facts.-.
Their argument against the decay system is that they "earned" that dkp in the past so they should be able to spend it however they please even with their drop in activity. My question is what's the point in giving gear to someone that just remains barely active? Why should they be able to get gear that they barely even have to try for while others are working so much harder than they are/were in the past.

Get some godly item only to continue with their activity? How does that help a clan?

Herne

Their argument against the decay system is that they "earned" that dkp in the past so they should be able to spend it however they please even with their drop in activity. My question is what's the point in giving gear to someone that just remains barely active? Why should they be able to get gear that they barely even have to try for while others are working so much harder than they are/were in the past.

Get some godly item only to continue with their activity? How does that help a clan?
There is no reason for them to get geared just because they went a lot of bosses in the past. You can’t please everyone and someone will disagree with whatever system is put in place but if the only people arguing against it are currently inactive. I think introducing decay would be tough if your clan has used normal dkp since the start but if you don’t introduce it soon then those inactive people will get a piece of very good gear sooner or later and it won’t please the currently active people that had less dkp even though they’re more active currently. But I don’t think you can convince the people with the most to lose from it. I think decay is best in the long run for all clans that use dkp or else this situation will come around at some point and you decide whether you risk losing active newer players vs older but currently inactive
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

There is no reason for them to get geared just because they went a lot of bosses in the past. You can’t please everyone and someone will disagree with whatever system is put in place but if the only people arguing against it are currently inactive. I think introducing decay would be tough if your clan has used normal dkp since the start but if you don’t introduce it soon then those inactive people will get a piece of very good gear sooner or later and it won’t please the currently active people that had less dkp even though they’re more active currently. But I don’t think you can convince the people with the most to lose from it. I think decay is best in the long run for all clans that use dkp or else this situation will come around at some point and you decide whether you risk losing active newer players vs older but currently inactive
Problem is the people that are against the decay system are the leaders and they're not as active ,_, sooo its a hard battle to win ,-, And they kept saying that the decay system is bad and wouldn't work, while curry and I were trying to say it was. Thus the reason why we posted to ask others on their opinions of the decay system. Thank you for your input, very much appreciated.

Herne

Exactly what hero said.-. It seems like an impossible battle to win given the situation lol. Some are hesitant for that exact reason and some just simply don’t think it’ll work, without even trying. Thanks for ur input though

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I actually dont like decay but having a minimum attendance per month to bid would work.
We have that too but the dkp for that is so low its a joke, basically useless. And they wont want to change that either. Ive suggested it to be changed but I just get called someone who doesn't know what he's talking about so :shrug:

offtopic -
I also suggested to have a min dkp requirement in order to bid on a certain item i.e you need to have earned x amount of dkp in x amount of time in order to be eligible to bid on a mighty item, majestic, royal . . . item. So that those inactives wont be able to get a godly item right off the bat.

Herne