Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dkp with decay

This all brings back memories of this debate.

Anyway, it is never about inactivity per se. It's about old activity and less recent activity vs considerable newer contributions to the clan. Decay, properly used, puts newer hard working players on better footing against players who may have made contributions that were considerable but were long ago. When it comes to new drops, this is imho, the right way to go because a new hard working player doesn't have to battle a massive stockpile of old points, putting them almost impossibly behind the 8-ball. Questline priority, I prefer the full body of work reflected by nondecaying total points earned. But once you get that you're out of the que.

Just my $.02.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

I can see both sides of why one would want one over the other, but decay makes more sense to me.
I generally take these opportunities to bring up this, just cause I put a good bit of thought into over-complicating an already relatively complex process

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Tbh if your leaders are the ones who are inactive, of course they would be against decay. So good luck changing their minds.

In my experience, we have literally never had this issue of inactives with very high DKP coming back and getting all the good stuff.

If it does happen, the leaders can step in.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

The way I see it DKP should be used as a way to measure time and effort put into a clan. It never sums up ones total worth or time given however, and as such it shouldn't just be seen as a currency. For example when I played on arawn and the void wand dropped the mages told me I could get it for min DKP (I didn't cuz It felt wrong to take it for min knowing that the wand I was currently using wouldn't go for min, even though it did :lol:). Examples like this happen all over the place on all servers where clannies are respectful and back off on certain drops and instead of DKP speaking alone let other things come into play.
If a clan member is so selfish that they are going to come back after not playing for two years and start taking all the drops because of all the DKP they had when the left, maybe they need to reevaluate why they are in the clan, and as Armo said a leader should step in and do something.

I haven't really seen a need for a decay system but I get why some clans like it. To each clan their own I guess. No system is perfect and its really up to the clan as to what they want.
Right now I'm facing an uphill battle for the second time :lol: (joined resurgence way late cuz was blacklisted for 4 years cuz I was an annoying kid :lol: and it took 2 years of saving to have enough DKP to win squat cuz no decay ;) ) but I don't mind it. Those with a lot of DKP have been in the clan a long time and they deserve it. If I can't be patient and wait for my DKP to build up I probably don't deserve a chance to save it up. I'm new and I should have to put in some time to earn good gear over those who have put thousands of hours into the clan.

Its all preference though and each clan should build itself in a way where the clannies see it to be fair.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

The way I see it DKP should be used as a way to measure time and effort put into a clan. It never sums up ones total worth or time given however, and as such it shouldn't just be seen as a currency. For example when I played on arawn and the void wand dropped the mages told me I could get it for min DKP (I didn't cuz It felt wrong to take it for min knowing that the wand I was currently using wouldn't go for min, even though it did :lol:). Examples like this happen all over the place on all servers where clannies are respectful and back off on certain drops and instead of DKP speaking alone let other things come into play.
If a clan member is so selfish that they are going to come back after not playing for two years and start taking all the drops because of all the DKP they had when the left, maybe they need to reevaluate why they are in the clan, and as Armo said a leader should step in and do something.

I haven't really seen a need for a decay system but I get why some clans like it. To each clan their own I guess. No system is perfect and its really up to the clan as to what they want.
Right now I'm facing an uphill battle for the second time :lol: (joined resurgence way late cuz was blacklisted for 4 years cuz I was an annoying kid :lol: and it took 2 years of saving to have enough DKP to win squat cuz no decay ;) ) but I don't mind it. Those with a lot of DKP have been in the clan a long time and they deserve it. If I can't be patient and wait for my DKP to build up I probably don't deserve a chance to save it up. I'm new and I should have to put in some time to earn good gear over those who have put thousands of hours into the clan.

Its all preference though and each clan should build itself in a way where the clannies see it to be fair.
Wait...WAS an annoying kid?

Jk, jk. Nothin but love for ya bob. ;)
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Wait...WAS an annoying kid?

Jk, jk. Nothin but love for ya bob. ;)
Imagine me when I was 14 xD
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I've already fired off enough shots in my band chat ,_, but whatever, most leaders can't really do much about it (probably won't be willing to do anything about it at all if it were to happen) since they're the ones pretty inactive ._. Which is kind of why the whole "dkp decay" idea came into play. If everyone was relatively active and dkp wasn't just sitting on inactive toons just waiting to be spent when they decide to be active again, then honestly we would probably stick to a normal dkp system but that isn't the case for us sadly. Which is why curry decided to ask forums for the positives towards the system. Note I'm only semi active, cause WoW came into my life again :( but yet I still have the highest druid dkp by a pretty far stretch. I personally wouldn't even mind a decay system. But anyways thanks for everyone's input :) it was very much appreciated!
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

For the sake of our dying clan on herne, someone please list the benefits of dkp with decay. Specifically answer this question: how is it fair to someone who spent all their time getting highest dkp in clan If they go inactive and it’s all erased eventually?

Our clan doesn’t believe it’s a good system and I’m here to argue otherwise, would appreciate some help._.
The benefits are that if you kill a boss recently and it drops some items that r nice , someone who did work years ago (Who was useful then but absolutely no use on the boss that dropped the item) cannot get it in an unfair way, decay is specially developed to award those who are active and promotes people to go to bosses on a regular basis, it stops those stacked with points stealing good items they will probably never use in the game environment as much as the active players do.

it is fair to active and new players over old and inactive (old tied to inactive they can be older but still very much active)

the disadvantages are, people that have to leave / take a break could be rock bottom,
Last edited by Thefreeze on Fri May 25, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.