Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn

Tier 8 offhands basically takes a minimum of about a month to obtain, not necccesarily 6 months.

Until we obtained the 40+ people with Tier 8 offhands, the player base can’t really complain that it’s too hard to kill until we achieved what the designers intended for us to kill it with.

Although some players are complaining that Tier 8 offhands wouldn’t make too much of a difference, Im pretty sure no server has actually tried to kill it with everyone Tier 8 offhands. So until you try it, can’t exactly complain till then.
So your telling me you have 40 active edl offhands the majority of them being rogue and ranger (let’s face it mage edl skill dosent do crap lol) and they are all already at tier 3 and you can 100% rely on every single one to be on for a kill at the same time? Well your clan made a post about how you can’t even get bt numbers anymore so I find your post a little ironic.

By the time clans get all their members lvled to 220 with EDL AND THEN the tier 8 offhands it will be 6 months for most servers if not longer that’s not even considering the gear concentration otm seems to assume we have yet we haven’t even gotten a single godly blood in the last 6 years.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Tier 8 offhands basically takes a minimum of about a month to obtain, not necccesarily 6 months.

Until we obtained the 40+ people with Tier 8 offhands, the player base can’t really complain that it’s too hard to kill until we achieved what the designers intended for us to kill it with.

Although some players are complaining that Tier 8 offhands wouldn’t make too much of a difference, Im pretty sure no server has actually tried to kill it with everyone Tier 8 offhands. So until you try it, can’t exactly complain till then.
So your telling me you have 40 active edl offhands the majority of them being rogue and ranger (let’s face it mage edl skill dosent do crap lol) and they are all already at tier 3 and you can 100% rely on every single one to be on for a kill at the same time? Well your clan made a post about how you can’t even get bt numbers anymore so I find your post a little ironic.

By the time clans get all their members lvled to 220 with EDL AND THEN the tier 8 offhands it will be 6 months for most servers if not longer that’s not even considering the gear concentration otm seems to assume we have yet we haven’t even gotten a single godly blood in the last 6 years.
Which is why I think that Unox boss should drop a guaranteed Rune.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

100% agree altho that would require otm openly admitting that they messed up on the entire design, and I honestly dont think they are willing to do that. A simple health or resistance nerf definitely inst what we want but i think it is actually something they would be willing to consider.
Whether or not they admit it, it’s the truth, but I have to agree with you that them owning up to an oversight is less likely than hell freezing over twice with Satan getting struck by lighting 5 times in one spot while winning the lottery... :lol:
So ya, your solution is probably the only one OTM would consider, but if for some reason the winds have changed direction, it would be nice to see the boss redesigned to mirror the kind of strat needed for faction bosses. Those bosses are really involved and a lot of fun, and also pretty challenging.
Wait... Are you saying Faction Bosses take strategy? I know for a fact Reaver boss doesn't actually take a strategy, I haven't done Lich, so I don't know about that one. But literally all I've ever done at Reaver Faction boss is literally just run through the slow and then immediately start attack, if it teleports, I just follow and start attacking again. Breaking the shield I guess could be considered a type of strategy, but you literally have to do that or you die, so basically that's just attacking also...
Lich takes more than reaver by a lot, but at least the raids are more active than bloodthorn... would be nice for them to make a strat intensive raid that’s interactive like those two bosses...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

100% agree altho that would require otm openly admitting that they messed up on the entire design, and I honestly dont think they are willing to do that. A simple health or resistance nerf definitely inst what we want but i think it is actually something they would be willing to consider.
Whether or not they admit it, it’s the truth, but I have to agree with you that them owning up to an oversight is less likely than hell freezing over twice with Satan getting struck by lighting 5 times in one spot while winning the lottery... :lol:
So ya, your solution is probably the only one OTM would consider, but if for some reason the winds have changed direction, it would be nice to see the boss redesigned to mirror the kind of strat needed for faction bosses. Those bosses are really involved and a lot of fun, and also pretty challenging.
Wait... Are you saying Faction Bosses take strategy? I know for a fact Reaver boss doesn't actually take a strategy, I haven't done Lich, so I don't know about that one. But literally all I've ever done at Reaver Faction boss is literally just run through the slow and then immediately start attack, if it teleports, I just follow and start attacking again. Breaking the shield I guess could be considered a type of strategy, but you literally have to do that or you die, so basically that's just attacking also...
Lich does require strategy, reaver is more of a dps race with special effects
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Doesn’t matter if my clan can’t get 40+ members of only rogues and Rangers, it doesn’t change the fact no clan has actually tried to kill Bloodthorn with 40+ people with Tier 8 Offhands, so can’t effectively gauge what the designers of it intended for us to kill it with.

Until then, probably wouldn’t have any changes to Bloodthorn until a server has actually tried.

Doesn’t matter if my clan can’t get 40+ members of only rogues and Rangers, it doesn’t change the fact no clan has actually tried to kill Bloodthorn with 40+ people with Tier 8 Offhands, so can’t effectively gauge what the designers of it intended for us to kill it with.

Until then, probably wouldn’t have any changes to Bloodthorn until a server has actually tried.
The requirement itself is unreasonable, again ironic that people keep supporting a buff that will completely kill out most servers. How long are your returning players going to hang around before they realize this update was utterly pointless and sink back into inactivity.

@otm how long are you going to wait? We thought that this boss would be different but it's just like every other boss you have released. It is only a matter of time before you nerf it just like the rest, why wait all your doing is driving off players while you wait to do something that we all know needs to and is going to happen.

Based on the timeframe of the last update it's possible that making bt impossible for all but the most populated servers is an attempt to slow progress to the point where people aren't able to fully utilize this zone until they are able to begin setup on the next. Doing this as an attempt to keep the player base interested in the small amount of content that gardens offers for as long as possible (or maybe they are trying to fix the limitations that they placed on themselves by making their damage formulas plateau, I mean where can they possibly scale from here in terms of gear)
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Garden Release :May 8
Today: May 22th
Takes like 2-3 days of Lich/Reaver farming for Tier 1 Offhand

Two Weeks Passed = Tier 3 offhand
Tier 8 = 7 Weeks needed
7 Weeks - 2 Weeks = 5 Weeks

As long as you been killing faction bosses since Garden Update, you theoretically should have Tier 3, requiring only 5 weeks more for Tier 8, so basically like 1 month.
Month and a half, and many haven’t. Your clans best tank *shout out to SlyShadows :D * only has T3 offhand as an example. Many on many worlds only have T3 or T2 as well. Lots have real life commitments and haven’t had a chance to farm faction as heavily as others.
To get from start to finish it takes about 2 months, which is fine, but it’s a poor set up for the boss.

And like I said above, regardless of the offhands, 40 people is 10-15 more than should be required. Instead of making it a point and stab DPS race they should redesign the raid to make it strategy oriented so that it can still be a hard raid but will only require 25-30 people.
4 weeks is about 2-3 days off on average of amount in a month so I highly disagree with all your logic so far that isn't a month and a half

Garden Release :May 8
Today: May 22th
Takes like 2-3 days of Lich/Reaver farming for Tier 1 Offhand

Two Weeks Passed = Tier 3 offhand
Tier 8 = 7 Weeks needed
7 Weeks - 2 Weeks = 5 Weeks

As long as you been killing faction bosses since Garden Update, you theoretically should have Tier 3, requiring only 5 weeks more for Tier 8, so basically like 1 month.
Month and a half, and many haven’t. Your clans best tank *shout out to SlyShadows :D * only has T3 offhand as an example. Many on many worlds only have T3 or T2 as well. Lots have real life commitments and haven’t had a chance to farm faction as heavily as others.
To get from start to finish it takes about 2 months, which is fine, but it’s a poor set up for the boss.

And like I said above, regardless of the offhands, 40 people is 10-15 more than should be required. Instead of making it a point and stab DPS race they should redesign the raid to make it strategy oriented so that it can still be a hard raid but will only require 25-30 people.
4 weeks is about 2-3 days off on average of amount in a month so I highly disagree with all your logic so far that isn't a month and a half
Depends on the month tbh, could be a month and a half.
Regardless the point being that it takes 2 months from start to finish to get the offhands, and as krummy pointed out there is no clan with 30 active rogues and rangers with edl offhands.
The point is that the overall “patience” picture that peeps like froze and others are painting, while sounding nice, isn’t practical by any measurable metric.
You can nitpick my post by 1 or 2 days, but the larger mathematical picture still stands that OTM’s design for the boss is based off of a flawed understanding of how many players play actively on each server. This is the issue that users such as myself and krummy are trying to display and offer suggestions for.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

There are strategies for reaver just no one using them.

When we waited for the update roughly 2 years (going from Gele release with arcane and not start of tower) because it was delayed, now waiting 2 months for getting the offhands, then it'll fail unless u can bring 40+ or 60+ whatever both numbers are EXTREMELY high, they just seem low to clans that bring 60+ regularly so u need to wait another 6 months. So u waited almost 3 years for an update. In 3 years ppl finish their degree and u tell me that OTM cant release one boss to their already existing game that is killable by the common end-game clan.
Last edited by Criminal on Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex