Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

Something that often gets overlooked is the time and effort that these people put into their respective clans, strengthening them, keeping them afloat despite griefing or lack of content in game, it Is a tiresome job.

It is a job. It is an unpaid job where you're laboured with collecting drops, taking screenshots, banking items, conducting bids, updating points, creating rules, it can often remove any enjoyment away from the game. These tasks can become ever more tiresome when coupled with rebellious clannies, some that might put their own needs over the clans, or those that are unwilling to get along.

Some may argue that their leaders often get geared before others because of some inner circle or whatnot. I will argue that these people are promoted to the positions because of the activity and loyalty they demonstrated in the first place and of course it should be awarded, albeit not at the expense of clannies who might be more deserving.

Unfortunately there are those that spit on the very foundation of this system and indulge in corruption. It is often difficult to do anything about this as a clannie without compromising your own position in the clan, but one brave voice can be powerful enough to bring down anything.

What are your views on/your guardians and generals and chieftains? How can they perform their roles more effectively according to you? How can corruption at the top be mitigated or completely eradicated?

Do share your candid but civil views on this topic.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

Arawn: I was kicked :lol:

Epona: Epona has amazing gens and chief in my clan enigma. We have it all. The grumpy old men(toothpick), the crazy cat lady(aly), the budding romance (phylo❤️), the ranger noobs (sharp and wolfe), the banter and laughs, good mix of younger and old players. Quite a few are also xfers from many dif servers which is also pretty cool

Aly I would have to say is the best chief that I have played with in my time in CH. she is fair and kind, one of the hardest campers and timers and writes cool stories about phil x xylo.

No complaints at all from me about my leaders

Also for anyone outside of epona the first part was a joke, I love you all lol ❤️❤️
Last edited by Ventius on Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I'm a clansman and I will just talk about how I think a leadership in general SHOULD BE.

I think leaders should be rolemodels for the whole clan, they basically represent our clan. They should be active in bossing, keeping timers, solving issuss and leading the clan. But also in basic things such updating dkp/doing rolls, organizing raids or doing those little extras just for their clan, show some dedication. I want them to be mature and honest but mainly active, I don't want my leaders to sit back and get upgrades handed to them on a silver platter. Leaders should remain active or step down if they can't do that, in general people should not be able to thrive too much on their actions from years ago, but rather on what their actions now.

As for corruption, I think leadership should be crystal clear, open about what they discuss and think. They should provide reason to their actions, why they decided something and be open for a discussions about it and listen to their clannies even if they don't personally like the idea. They should be open for changes to make their clan better and not live in the past. Clansmen should be able to give their opinion without fearing consequences like being demoted, held from certain upgrades or being kicked. Leaders have to be fair people and I also believe in shared power, where not 1 single person has too much power over other individuals.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Lots of respect for leadership in ronin, from keeping track of dkp to sorting out issues people have in clan. I do think the amount of effort leaders put in is often overlooked and it is a ‘thankless job’, I think the leaders in all clans are usually the hardest working and it does go unnoticed often. So much respect for chieftains of all clans, and a majority of the clan never sees or notice how much work and effort they put in
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Have a 100% objective system and you eliminate the chance of corruption, all the generals and chiefs do is unrewarded administrative work.

It worked for Chaos.

We had dkp for everything, no votes, no polls, no bias.
even in a dkp system you can still find corruption. For example the 2 end game druids with highest dkp in clan bidding on a godly mord heal brace. The gen wins for a huge dkp price and the other druid is accused of bidding only to raise the price and make the gen spend more than she wanted to because he eventually passes. This druid is demoted and can no longer bid until being promoted again to clansman.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Have a 100% objective system and you eliminate the chance of corruption, all the generals and chiefs do is unrewarded administrative work.

It worked for Chaos.

even in a dkp system you can still find corruption. For example the 2 end game druids with highest dkp in clan bidding on a godly mord heal brace. The gen wins for a huge dkp price and the other druid is accused of bidding only to raise the price and make the gen spend more than she wanted to because he eventually passes. This druid is demoted and can no longer bid until being promoted again to clansman.
In MY system of which I was chief that would never happen. So maybe in some dkp systems you can find corruption but not mine.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Ok... to move away from Chaotic's perfect systems that are unrivaled by anything, in Elem we are maybe the only dominant clan to have adopted fully voting on gear since 2012, and I believe that after Avalon (which idk whats up with them anymore... do they still exist?? I hope they do), Elem is the longest standing dominant clan in the game, without ever using dkp. Albeit in a very small server thus many struggles, we are still dominant and still try everyday to achieve more and work harder.

I think our chief is respected on a whole different level than what Ive seen from other clans Ive been in and heard of other clans. Our chief (Alishia) who was originally a general but always seen as our active chief, got her rank after we asked the former chief to step down. Alishia is respected on the level that if she quit, I dont think Elem would continue to exist because we dont think a single one of us could replace her.

Our gens are respected, but we have quite a few inactive gens and thats what Id change, but they're inactive due real lives and sadly unlikely to be back soon (but were terrific gens during their time). Our guardians are great guardians, they have basically equal power to gens because we trust them that much. Our guardians balance our voting system into minimum bias (I dont believe theres ever lack of bias) and Im glad.

Our clansmen are terrific too, I enjoy the laughs in clan and the mutual respect. As a banker I enjoy answering questions of clansmen who want to know better how it works behind the scenes, it makes it maybe a bit less of a thankless job. It is hard, it is time consuming, but I feel committment that I cant give up on.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

It worked for Chaos.

I agree on this, there is only two loot distribution that eliminates corruption, dkp and dice roll... if a leader, chief, general, guardian will decide who will get based on their opinion who is deserving, it’s already corruption. Especially when leaders gave dg sets on leaders because they think they deserve to get one after administrative work, like a salary or a reward after a job well done.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Undivided only uses DKP for armour and it’s completely unbiased, you have to work to get what you want. You have to kill to get the points for the armour. Every guard and gen has to do this too

Even in a feeder clan you can have a lot of crap from the rebellious ones, I’ve had some disgusting slurs thrown at me. But helping with the clan is the highlight of it. It’s not easy work trying to arrive to every boss I can, help players here and there but how it benefits others is what makes it good. I’ve even had people ask me how to become a guard themselves. The level of respect people give us for our work is truly kind and thoughtful. We don’t ask for respect for any kind of acknowledgement but the clansmen and recruits still give it to is