Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

Guess the reason for him only taking Divine damage is because of the "Chaos that corrupted him".

But... He's a plant... You could at least make him super susceptible to Fire damage. It doesn't make sense why he isn't, really. Ice I can understand Magic yeah, but Fire? He's a plant..
Would you kindly?

So OTM make a boss that requires 40 or so people according to them, it’s killed with 60 (with 2min only to spare) so instead of thinking ok 60 should be able to kill pretty easily that’s fine, they buff it so instead of being a 40 toon raid it’s now a 60+ toon raid despite 90% of player feedback being against that?
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

It’s actually a joke that people are defending OTM. How is content that can’t be used for 6+ weeks after being implemented a step in the right direction? How is making a boss “more challenging” by requiring a crap ton of people that mindlessly move from one mob to the next spamming skills a step in the right direction? There is minimal strategy to BT. The only strategy is clan leaders figuring out when the best time to schedule the raid is, lmao. I could find a random person on the street and tell them that this this and this need to be killed when you see them, then tell them they just press the icons on the right side of the screen, and they could perform the task. Moving around to avoid a aoe that would land on you or having to reset a mob before a certain skill or having to cast certain skills actually requires more thought. I have yet to see a good raid that requires strategy. As a tank, I literally can half afk a boss and just spam taunt, formation, and stance while watching YouTube or something. It’s actually ridiculous. More people does not equal a more strategical and challenging boss, idk people seem so convinced that it does.

Listen to us players OTM, what happened to the forum idea to allow us players to put in some input and vote on future updates? We want to help you make the game more enjoyable. Your literally taking what we say and doing the opposite here. Open beta was great and feedback was listened to. Why has it drastically changed? Are we not spending enough money so you gotta make a boss that we sink our money into to kill? Like seriously just listen to us instead of standing out in la la land.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Guess the reason for him only taking Divine damage is because of the "Chaos that corrupted him".

But... He's a plant... You could at least make him super susceptible to Fire damage. It doesn't make sense why he isn't, really. Ice I can understand Magic yeah, but Fire? He's a plant..
It actually would've made a lot of sense to make him weak to all elemental damage. Fire for obvious reasons. Cold damage because cold temperatures can slow plant growth and in the case of sudden freezes, can kill some plants. Magic damage would kind of make sense too if you consider strangling vines to be a weed that drains nutrients from bt's soil.

I think it would've been really cool to have made it more of a caster boss since pretty much every boss aside from events and a few edls are melee kills. But shoulda woulda coulda...
Katau - 227 rogue
Clan - LazyDrunks
World - Herne

It actually would've made a lot of sense to make him weak to all elemental damage. Fire for obvious reasons. Cold damage because cold temperatures can slow plant growth and in the case of sudden freezes, can kill some plants. Magic damage would kind of make sense too if you consider strangling vines to be a weed that drains nutrients from bt's soil.

I think it would've been really cool to have made it more of a caster boss since pretty much every boss aside from events and a few edls are melee kills. But shoulda woulda coulda...
This here makes already more sense than the whole current bt raid.

Im going to repeat myself again, but in closed beta everyone begged OTM to make a raid like necro where you need to use some strategy in stead of only needing big numbers. In all our eyes “strategy” was our “challenge”, needing 40+ t8 toons isnt a challenge, its simply a boss that will be downed by a few, lucky overpopulated servers.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Not only herne, many servers are the same. Even Arawn and Epona may struggle now and may not be able to kill it regularly like they plan on to. You expect us to gather 60+ people everytime?
Epona can probally gather 50-60 people for every attempt it sure is gonna be a challenge. With offtanking we had about 2.5 minutes to spare before rage and his incredible heal. Its gonna depend if that 2.5 minute is enough time to kill the root and negate his new healing affect. We probally have to twitch a different strategy and just attempt again and perhaps its enough to kill. Bt already was a challenge due to numbers needed but now its even tougher. However if lagg is fully fixed we can probally do a ton more dmg so it might be uncertain how this heal is going to affect us apart from a change in strategy.

The best of luck to all servers with an even harder bt. Seems like everytime he dies he gets a buff x)
Pl don’t kill it tomorrow or BT will be buff further. Epona to be blamed for the buff for first Zerg killing BT n then killing so fast in 17:50 min.
Epona isn't to be blamed and I hope they continue to kill... everyone left game complaining it was same old and nothing to work for... well otm just gave everyone a goal let's all get it done

Coming into a 16-page thread in the morning! Wooo!

I don't think the intentions of the team is purely to add numbers to the raid. We probably don't want players completing the new content within the first month of the update. Muldar has given a great outline of the strategy/thought behind defeating the boss.

You're right, I have zero ideas the amount of frustration as I'm still nowhere close to the required level for this content. That being said, the amount of feedback given on the topic cannot be ignored. While some concerns regarding numbers have already been shared, the change might need some time to monitor before we can push harder for a nerf. The feedback here is amazing and will continue to discuss changes with the team.

I don't think the intentions of the team is purely to add numbers to the raid. We probably don't want players completing the new content within the first month of the update. Muldar has given a great outline of the strategy/thought behind defeating the boss.

You're right, I have zero ideas the amount of frustration as I'm still nowhere close to the required level for this content. That being said, the amount of feedback given on the topic cannot be ignored. While some concerns regarding numbers have already been shared, the change might need some time to monitor before we can push harder for a nerf. The feedback here is amazing and will continue to discuss changes with the team.
Serious question if epona and arawn both kill it will you continue to buff it until we just give up and nerf it after the 8 weeks needed for a offhand which only gives resist really? Gwydion can muster up 30-48 ish if we are lucky let alone 50+ just to kill a boss all of us have been waiting for for a while now. Mind you we have 20-25 people not toons people who multilog/dual/triple log just to help kill bosses.

Make it strategic not a dps race, I love the faction bosses because their is some strategy that goes into it especially the lich boss with his various attacks that are almost random in positioning to the point you cannot time when a purple ball will spawn in a certain spot same goes for the blue ball going on a random player
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

I think it was perfectly fine that two power house servers with large numbers could down it. It’s unfair to the rest of the servers though that it was buffed just because y’all didn’t expect it downed so quickly. If the idea was to make the offhands tier 8 required to kill, there should have been skills cast by the boss that would absolutely require 2-3 of each type of offhand to conquer it, similar to divine weapons on ghosts back in the day being key to Necro, but manageable by 30 people with upgraded offhands. As it stands now, it doesn’t seem like the offhands make that huge of a difference and it’s purely a numbers game.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Serious question if epona and arawn both kill it will you continue to buff it until we just give up and nerf it after the 8 weeks needed for a offhand which only gives resist really? Gwydion can muster up 30-48 ish if we are lucky let alone 50+ just to kill a boss all of us have been waiting for for a while now. Mind you we have 20-25 people not toons people who multilog/dual/triple log just to help kill bosses.

Make it strategic not a dps race, I love the faction bosses because their is some strategy that goes into it especially the lich boss with his various attacks that are almost random in positioning to the point you cannot time when a purple ball will spawn in a certain spot same goes for the blue ball going on a random player
The UK office isn't in right now, so I can't tell you whether it would receive another buff or not. I think the team's intentions are around strategy and not just DPS. Again, we'll have to wait to get more concrete details. But there are a lot of great points and feedback in this thread that we're already discussing with the team here.