Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Flo’s timer app

Just wanted to stop by to update this.
Some idiot has been DDoSing it. I helped Rocu get it stabilized. Aforemention idiot is angry and will likely continue to DDoS the server.

We have code in place to ban ip's if they go over a specific threshold.

Should be stable now. If any legit folks get banned email Rocu (email in footer of the app).
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

yea:/
If i post more than 2-3 bosses in a 1 min window, it gives me a 30 min temp ban-.-
Woops, I adjusted the settings. let me know if this continues.
The combination of the short server timeouts and the app just stopping for no reason frequently have made this app unusable by my clan now. Its sad. We used to love this.
I've fixed that now. it should only logout when you close the app now.

also, if your really struggling with the app, you can save the webapp to your homescreen and just use that.
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

yea:/
If i post more than 2-3 bosses in a 1 min window, it gives me a 30 min temp ban-.-
Woops, I adjusted the settings. let me know if this continues.
The combination of the short server timeouts and the app just stopping for no reason frequently have made this app unusable by my clan now. Its sad. We used to love this.
I've fixed that now. it should only logout when you close the app now.

also, if your really struggling with the app, you can save the webapp to your homescreen and just use that.
Its better now, thank you.
Last edited by Druidmeno3 on Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
heya,

Some idiot has been DDoSing it. I helped Rocu get it stabilized. Aforemention idiot is angry and will likely continue to DDoS the server.

Should be stable now. If any legit folks get banned email Rocu (email in footer of the app).
Thank you very much for resolving the issue and making the app usable again. :)
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

Lol ty loki, I mean rocu, I mean flough!

This is taken from the app,

Sorry for the downtime this week. Some *** decided to DDoS our small community timer app and brag about it on band to harass people. His skills were weak but, as the timer was hosted on a server graciously provided by a member of the community, it wasn't up to the task of combating even meager DDoS attacks. Rocu has provided a much more robust server which has DDoS protections in place so hopefully everything should be stable now and *** "hacker" can go die in a tire fire.

A huge thank you to Rocu for hosting the timer app, managing it, and helping to get it restored!

Disclaimer: This is unofficial, not endorsed by One Thumb Mobile etc

Very disappointing that someone would do this.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +