Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Will the Frozen / DL Bottleneck be addressed?

The only time a DL “bottleneck” occurs is when a clan dominates the bosses and another struggles to lock them to get drops. Otherwise there is a decent share of drops between clans and it is less of a bottleneck and more of a challenge to getting EG gear.

Adding more 6*s? If other clan locks 2% of 6*s for example, around arawn stat, then yes they would get a few more, but to say that helps the bottleneck is pretty ridiculous.

Shorter spawn time? It just means you have to camp the boss more often, something no one wants and will just add more meaning to the name “Celtic camping.”

The point is the bottleneck doesn’t exist because the game is flawed heavily. A bottleneck would be, for example, if DG was required to move on. It’s drop rates are so low that maybe 20-25 sets are possible a year.
I get adjusting frozen due to player increase, specifically the orb problem... but dL doesn’t really have a bottleneck. Any of the “fixes” will just result in more of the same.

Furthermore, bottlenecks at lower level armor bosses are ESSENTIAL to any MMO, otherwise players will speed level to EG, get sick of waiting for EG gear, or get geared if difficulty for game is low, get bored, and quit.
Bottlenecks force players to progress at a much more reasonable pace so they spend time at each stage, EG isn’t the only part of the game, otherwise why not just start everyone off at EG...
DL is a bottleneck, just like frozen, because there's no consistency. When we have 20+ toons without weapons and snorri spawns once, twice, sometimes not at all, per day, it's a bottleneck, period. Winning or losing locks does not have anything to do with bottlenecks, it's the fact snorri is the only option for obtaining crowns and the spawn rate is not consistent enough to meet current demand.

The maximum amount of 4 and 5 stars than can spawn before a snorri should be limited. So that it's guaranteed to spawn every day, multiple times. That's step one.

Step two, either decrease the respawn timers so that people who NEED the drops can choose to camp more, or add additional bosses that are guaranteed to drop crowns, with consistent spawn rates. Nobody is forcing you to camp more often to gear someone else.

Your clan in arawn is not a typical endgame clan and it doesn't face the same problems as 90% of the clans in this game.
Otm added crowns to sreng 6's drop table.. so it's not a fact that troll is the "only option" to get crowns.. I do in a way see what bob is saying that if it becomes too easy people will get bored he does have a point..

I think decreasing the 4* spawn rate some and have a 6* snorri guarantee 2 crowns would fix the issue, Without suddenly over flooding servers with crowns taking away the challenge of obtaining dl weps.. there needs to be a buff but nothing that makes it to easy where there is no challenge anymore..

For us dl weapons are like a status symbol, those that put in the work get rewarded, you dont see innactives or castle campers chilling with dl and edl weps. Which i think is the way it should be.

Before seed haters start spamming on this (they always do when a seed member posts) I personally earned my dl dag and my full dl set outside of seed as have many others so dont spam about how its impossible and seed is killing you, I put in the work as have many others and we earned dl and even edl outside seed this (isnt just a dom clan thing). If you want something you gota put in the work for it its as simple as that.

Dl edl and DG and there respected weapons are endgame items they arent meant to be handed out to every single person who wants it, they are for the people who work hard and earn them.

The one thing i will agree with is the frozen boss timers, however i liked an idea posted in feedback a while back I believe, that requested that frozen no longer be a requirement for dl. This removes the over reliance for endgame players to obtain frozen which will make the bosses more accessible for smaller clans who are actually at frozen lvls (not 180 lock rogues missing purp bears)

Edit~ we get a decent ammount of crowns off sreng so try that :p
The fact that weapons introduced years ago remain a status symbol amongst eg players should already be setting off all your alarm bells.. Clearly something isn't right if this is the case.
Soldiersofjah

Ranger lvl 223
Mage lvl 220

Sulis

Bob has a very good point that I think everyone should re-read. As hero also said its different for other servers than Arawn. This is true for all servers, as nothing is the same. I definitely would say that there is a bottleneck, though not as drastic as people seem to make it. It should definitely be fixed as its a little more of a problem as it should be.

Spawn rates, as I have said, could very well help the whole situation but it could also just cause more headaches and more camping. The greatest fix that OTM could do is making guaranteed drops and, something hero said that I think is great, guaranteed spawns after a certain amount of PH's. One thing clans can do is organized distribution of sets for armor and weapons. Handing out armor and weapons in sets can greatly increase the speed of gearing people as you don't have bits and pieces laying around on toons that, if put together, could make a set for someone to move out of the bottleneck. Of course problems, that I'm sure you guys can figure out, can arise from this method of distribution.

The biggest factor that I see causing the bottleneck is impatience. People blitz through the game so fast and expect to get all these quest armors obtained in less than a week, which is just unrealistic. The game shouldn't be impossible but making it to easy will just ruin the game play experience and dry up the content even faster.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

For us dl weapons are like a status symbol, those that put in the work get rewarded, you dont see innactives or castle campers chilling with dl and edl weps. Which i think is the way it should be.

Before seed haters start spamming on this (they always do when a seed member posts) I personally earned my dl dag and my full dl set outside of seed as have many others so dont spam about how its impossible and seed is killing you, I put in the work as have many others and we earned dl and even edl outside seed this (isnt just a dom clan thing). If you want something you gota put in the work for it its as simple as that.

Dl edl and DG and there respected weapons are endgame items they arent meant to be handed out to every single person who wants it, they are for the people who work hard and earn them.

The one thing i will agree with is the frozen boss timers, however i liked an idea posted in feedback a while back I believe, that requested that frozen no longer be a requirement for dl. This removes the over reliance for endgame players to obtain frozen which will make the bosses more accessible for smaller clans who are actually at frozen lvls (not 180 lock rogues missing purp bears)

Edit~ we get a decent ammount of crowns off sreng so try that :p
The fact that weapons introduced years ago remain a status symbol amongst eg players should already be setting off all your alarm bells.. Clearly something isn't right if this is the case.
Gotta agree with that, it's pretty weird.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

The only time a DL “bottleneck” occurs is when a clan dominates the bosses and another struggles to lock them to get drops. Otherwise there is a decent share of drops between clans and it is less of a bottleneck and more of a challenge to getting EG gear.

Adding more 6*s? If other clan locks 2% of 6*s for example, around arawn stat, then yes they would get a few more, but to say that helps the bottleneck is pretty ridiculous.

Shorter spawn time? It just means you have to camp the boss more often, something no one wants and will just add more meaning to the name “Celtic camping.”

The point is the bottleneck doesn’t exist because the game is flawed heavily. A bottleneck would be, for example, if DG was required to move on. It’s drop rates are so low that maybe 20-25 sets are possible a year.
I get adjusting frozen due to player increase, specifically the orb problem... but dL doesn’t really have a bottleneck. Any of the “fixes” will just result in more of the same.

Furthermore, bottlenecks at lower level armor bosses are ESSENTIAL to any MMO, otherwise players will speed level to EG, get sick of waiting for EG gear, or get geared if difficulty for game is low, get bored, and quit.
Bottlenecks force players to progress at a much more reasonable pace so they spend time at each stage, EG isn’t the only part of the game, otherwise why not just start everyone off at EG...
DL is a bottleneck, just like frozen, because there's no consistency. When we have 20+ toons without weapons and snorri spawns once, twice, sometimes not at all, per day, it's a bottleneck, period. Winning or losing locks does not have anything to do with bottlenecks, it's the fact snorri is the only option for obtaining crowns and the spawn rate is not consistent enough to meet current demand.

The maximum amount of 4 and 5 stars than can spawn before a snorri should be limited. So that it's guaranteed to spawn every day, multiple times. That's step one.

Step two, either decrease the respawn timers so that people who NEED the drops can choose to camp more, or add additional bosses that are guaranteed to drop crowns, with consistent spawn rates. Nobody is forcing you to camp more often to gear someone else.

Your clan in arawn is not a typical endgame clan and it doesn't face the same problems as 90% of the clans in this game.
Otm added crowns to sreng 6's drop table.. so it's not a fact that troll is the "only option" to get crowns.. I do in a way see what bob is saying that if it becomes too easy people will get bored he does have a point..

I think decreasing the 4* spawn rate some and have a 6* snorri guarantee 2 crowns would fix the issue, Without suddenly over flooding servers with crowns taking away the challenge of obtaining dl weps.. there needs to be a buff but nothing that makes it to easy where there is no challenge anymore..
The crown drop rate from sreng is not guaranteed, unlike snorri. That makes it less of a priority, especially when you've killed a dozen and got zero crowns. A guaranteed crown, with small possibility of two from sreng, along with two guaranteed crowns, and small possibility of 3 from snorri would be a nice adjustment.

I have toons that I created in 2013 that still don't have weapons because other mains are constantly waiting for theirs. People should be able to gear their alts with DL weapons at this point in time, without hurting other mains. The challenge should come at endgame, not mid game. DL shouldn't be a challenge after five years, nor should frozen after six. We're all still playing the mid game. That's called a bottleneck...

Furthermore, the boredom argument can be used on both sides. People have quit farming snorri (myself included) due to boredom of what seems to be a never-ending cycle of camping mid game bosses so we can actually obtain the weapons to kill Gelebron and gear our lockers so we can gear our mains with Necro rings. It's actually pretty fun, during the first year or so. Now it's just getting old...
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

Dont forget that DL weapons aren’t endgame content anymore, EDL weapons are now. No one is saying that we dont want some challenge, but after months and months of camping people get sick of it.

For DL weapons (and also EDL ofcourse) you first need to get lucky to be able to lock snorri, then you need to be lucky snorri even drops a crown and then you also need to be lucky it drops the right color. I know not every server has these problems but the majority of servers have. Plus the fact that smaller, non-dominant clans do also need their DL weapons to be possible to even cause some competition. Something so important to progress in this game as armour weapons should be a challenge, yes, but it should also be done in a reasonable time, for both sides on a server.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

On Lugh we dominate sreng/snorri and I can assure you it is still a bottle neck. It still takes 3+ weeks to get a ranger or rogue weapon set( and thats a very positive estimate...).

I do not agree that a bottle necks at mid and lower levels are good for the game. It prevents people from actually moving forward to the better higher level content. And do people actually spend more time camping frozen and dl to get their weapons? Or does it just cater to the rich or people relying on the more active players in a clan?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

On Lugh we dominate sreng/snorri and I can assure you it is still a bottle neck. It still takes 3+ weeks to get a ranger or rogue weapon set( and thats a very positive estimate...).

I do not agree that a bottle necks at mid and lower levels are good for the game. It prevents people from actually moving forward to the better higher level content. And do people actually spend more time camping frozen and dl to get their weapons? Or does it just cater to the rich or people relying on the more active players in a clan?
If everyone is rushed right to EG they fizzle out quicker... ya everyone wants to win the game in 1 week... but then they stop playing a week later. Small bottlenecks, like dL weapons, allow for clans to move forward those that put in the work and allows for players to progress but not accelerated from day one to EG.

While it would be nice to put dL weapons on my rogue, it’s unrealisitc. We don’t even gear rogue alts with frozen dagger usually.

“Bottlenecks” are really just an illusion most of the time due to impatience. Players get used to met and warden being given with no work put in and quick leveling and when they get to 130 and are told that it may take 1-2 months to move on they flip out. Most MMOs/RPG’s you don’t “complete” in 2 weeks, or even 2 months. Then after frozen dL armor is pretty much not a bottleneck, if your clan has difficulty gearing DL armor it isn’t due to drop rates but rather locking rate. DL weapons are a small bottleneck, which while being a “status symbol” is also a way to keep players engaged with the game. Players feel tied to the game because they are working towards something that is a pretty OP reward.
I’ll agree drop rates could be shifted slightly, key word is slightly, so it’s possible for some more alts who have put in the time to get weapons, but if you remove the challenge then players may not stick around.

And I got my dl armor on rogue and mage and weapons on mage in a small clan of 8 people, so don’t say i’m Only saying this because I’m in a large clan. The game needs a degree of difficulty and something to separate older players from brand new players, and that thing is time, small “bottlenecks” create this slight separation.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at