Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Gentle Yet Sobering Reminder.

I harken back to March 1, 2012. Sony Online servers for Everquest Next on the PS2 went offline forever leaving a player like myself who’d been playing since 2006 feeling shocked. After all, I was a part of an active guild with active players on what seemed to be a active server.

Perhaps one of the most gentle reminders of this part of my life occured yesterday afternoon when I couldn’t log into CH which is currently still an issue. Indeed, it’s a sobering reminder that online games are not promised tomorrow, nor are there any guarantees that CH servers have to remain available to play for their loyal fan base. Of course, this is not the case here as CH is ALIVE AND WELL! So please don’t freak out when I speak to such topics. After all, if it can happen to Everquest (The Godfather of MMORPGS), it can happen to any CH.

Please share your experience with having a server go offline to a game you enjoyed, and how it made you feel.

Re: A Gentle Yet Sobering Reminder.

I harken back to March 1, 2012. Sony Online servers for Everquest Next on the PS2 went offline forever leaving a player like myself who’d been playing since 2006 feeling shocked. After all, I was a part of an active guild with active players on what seemed to be a active server.

Perhaps one of the most gentle reminders of this part of my life occured yesterday afternoon when I couldn’t log into CH which is currently still an issue. Indeed, it’s a sobering reminder that online games are not promised tomorrow, nor are there any guarantees that CH servers have to remain available to play for their loyal fan base. Of course, this is not the case here as CH is ALIVE AND WELL! So please don’t freak out when I speak to such topics. After all, if it can happen to Everquest (The Godfather of MMORPGS), it can happen to any CH.

Please share your experience with having a server go offline to a game you enjoyed, and how it made you feel.
Damn. Did they not create any private servers like they did with Warhammer Online and currently do with Runescape?
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

No they simply took us offline. It was like ripping off the bandaid without the countdown back then. Social media wasn’t what it is today surprisingly. Also, the PS2 was considered a relic in 2012. Why they are not launching a game like CH on consoles and vastly increasing its size is beyond me. Certainly, CH has the potential to be a launching pad for such innovative game development.

Imagine starting a game on the mobile device market and growing it to multiple platforms like consoles, and PCs. If you ask me this is exactly what the gaming world needs. It will encourage more originality and offer a larger variety of games to choose from without having corporate aganedas manipulating development (at least in the beginning stages).

Hmmm kinda reminds me of Pet Society and made lotsa players of that game go into depression :/
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

No they simply took us offline. It was like ripping off the bandaid without the countdown back then. Social media wasn’t what it is today surprisingly. Also, the PS2 was considered a relic in 2012. Why they are not launching a game like CH on consoles and vastly increasing its size is beyond me. Certainly, CH has the potential to be a launching pad for such innovative game development.

Imagine starting a game on the mobile device market and growing it to multiple platforms like consoles, and PCs. If you ask me this is exactly what the gaming world needs. It will encourage more originality and offer a larger variety of games to choose from without having corporate aganedas manipulating development (at least in the beginning stages).
Here ya go mate, I don't know much about Everquest, but it seems like there's been an effort to bring back the old servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXbK-ONl-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKSn7-hn_c
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Eq Vazelle server here. Those were the days.

I just go do something else I enjoy doing.
Dual spec
Increase buff timers and change to group buffs
/anon /afk commands
Revamp the skill system
Group leader / group commands
Add more premium items
Please.

I was totally crushed when everquest online adventures on ps2 sunset. To this day I think about that game, the people I played with for years. It was incredible. The first time I played CH, I knew right away that i would be playing this game for as long as it is available to me. Im really happy to have found it.