Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Abusing the Whisper Functionality

Hi,

Is spamming bannable? I'm not sure. But it can be disruptive and of course annoying right? The immediate solution to a spammer is to block but at the moment you can only block a person when u know which area it is. And many pathetic dweebs would create toons and place them in noob areas whisper u and log off before you can even find its location to block it.

The block functionality should be avaiable remotely imo. Why make it too easy for people who got nothing good to do in game annoy others and ruin the quiet time of others? Please OTM :)
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

Re: Abusing the Whisper Functionality

You could manually whisper players for example, type: w reytch, (message) and it will send the message if theyre online. They could implement the option to instead type: b reytch, block or b reytch, unblock
I could imagine myself accidentally blocking people via typos lol, I do agree a remote blocking option would be nice though. Especially against people making toons that impersonate eg players trying to scam.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

You could manually whisper players for example, type: w reytch, (message) and it will send the message if theyre online. They could implement the option to instead type: b reytch, block or b reytch, unblock
I could imagine myself accidentally blocking people via typos lol, I do agree a remote blocking option would be nice though. Especially against people making toons that impersonate eg players trying to scam.
+1
Maybe instead of one letter (b Mindreader) it'd be the whole word or a command (block Mindreader, /toggle/block Mindreader).
There have also been times when I've wished for a trade option not limited to the area, but that would be way to easy to spam...
(Same with duel^)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

+1 A system where you can see who is wispering to you could work well too.
Like this too. Make it so that you can click on a player's name n the chat log and it opens the examine-player view.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

+1 A system where you can see who is wispering to you could work well too.
Like this too. Make it so that you can click on a player's name n the chat log and it opens the examine-player view.
+1
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

+1....Especially given how hard it is to tap on and examine some battle-mounted folks (why IS that OTM?) or those who are whispering from afar. I am inundated with whispers daily upon login and it makes it hard to answer them all if half are spam. That’s rude to the legit players awaiting responses. Any improvements or suggestions would be welcome!
theKestrel of Dal Riata, Morrigan, et al

+1 to remote vlocking by chat command
-1 to clickable chat names
+1 to fixing unclickable battlemounted folks
It is a BS what clickable chat names will lead to misclicks, will drain the good chunk of otm efforts, and not quite needed, right? Even if it is quite easy to implement, though I am not sure so.