Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#21
This is a VERY misleading metric: when a raid boss dies, only 8 people get “power”, which says little about the clan’s ability to consistently field players. Also, power doesn’t decay, so the DPS folks always in the raid boss KGs carry huge weight while tanks/Druids/others do not.

We saw this happen in Taranis, where many endgame Rogues left to join a rebel clan, boosting them to the top of the rankings... they could not even kill Mordris. You can have 50 level 230 players who have been in major clans for years and log every day for dailies, but if only 15 ever come to a boss the clan won’t kill anything. Powerful? Yes. Powerless? Yes.

Likewise, a clan that actively replaces its DPS groups with new players (as old ones go inactive) will be significiantly less powerful than one that keeps its DPS groups/players. A DPS player with long history in the clan going inactive will greatly depress the clan’s power.

Never use OTM’s power/activity measurements as an indicator of actual strength.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Taranis United!
Former Leader in theILLUMINATI and Aeon

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#22
Regenleif wrote:This is a VERY misleading metric: when a raid boss dies, only 8 people get “power”, which says little about the clan’s ability to consistently field players. Also, power doesn’t decay, so the DPS folks always in the raid boss KGs carry huge weight while tanks/Druids/others do not.

We saw this happen in Taranis, where many endgame Rogues left to join a rebel clan, boosting them to the top of the rankings... they could not even kill Mordris. You can have 50 level 230 players who have been in major clans for years and log every day for dailies, but if only 15 ever come to a boss the clan won’t kill anything. Powerful? Yes. Powerless? Yes.

Likewise, a clan that actively replaces its DPS groups with new players (as old ones go inactive) will be significiantly less powerful than one that keeps its DPS groups/players. A DPS player with long history in the clan going inactive will greatly depress the clan’s power.

Never use OTM’s power/activity measurements as an indicator of actual strength.


Isnt power rating just adding up the total level of everyone in the clan?
Belenus
Nee 229 druid
ApplesBe 225 ranger
GetBashedX 222 warrior
Rainyy 200 rogue

Nuada
Meja druid

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#27
Gabee wrote:Those who criticized OP s list, can you Show your list OF powerful servers?
thisquestion is very open to interpritation. And would also have very differing answers when asked the most powerful server as oposed to the strongest/most skilled servers. The most powerful servers would be arawn, donn, rose, mabon and all the other one clan dom servers. These servers have huge numbers that they rely on when downing bosses and can easily fight through rages because of the numbers.

The strongest servers are epona, gwydion, fingal, morrigan. These servers have some of the strongest dps players in the entire game because they can not simply rely on numbers to cruise through a kill. The servers with players who strive to be the best that they can.

After leaving arawn this is the biggest thing that i noticed. Arawn are happy to be average players. They have huge numbers who can log so no one is actually pushed to better themselves. There is no competition so there has never been a need to push themselves to be better dps. I would go as far as saying there were only 2 players in all of resurgence, Bob and myself who wanted to be the best we possibly could. No one else ever tested new gear or builds or swaps because they simply had no need to and it was only through seeing the sucess of bob and I that people started to make changes to mimic our builds and setups. Bosses will die either way. Whether that be through rage or not. Arawn has the luxury of having enough numbers to kill a 15 min raged prime or gele if they need to.

On epona where there are not those very high numbers, players need to push themselves and better themselves so that bosses will die before rage hits. Players test and theorise and work hard to become better.

If you compare the dps of arawn to epona then arawn is leagues behind because epona has the need to improve each individuals dps. Arawn does not have that need.

You will find this to be the case on most one clan servers where there will be very few outliers who do the extra work and testing to be the best. I would not like to see those servers had those few players not come along and shown them how to improve their players... :shock:
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#28
Ventius wrote:
Gabee wrote:Those who criticized OP s list, can you Show your list OF powerful servers?
thisquestion is very open to interpritation. And would also have very differing answers when asked the most powerful server as oposed to the strongest/most skilled servers. The most powerful servers would be arawn, donn, rose, mabon and all the other one clan dom servers. These servers have huge numbers that they rely on when downing bosses and can easily fight through rages because of the numbers.

The strongest servers are epona, gwydion, fingal, morrigan. These servers have some of the strongest dps players in the entire game because they can not simply rely on numbers to cruise through a kill. The servers with players who strive to be the best that they can.

After leaving arawn this is the biggest thing that i noticed. Arawn are happy to be average players. They have huge numbers who can log so no one is actually pushed to better themselves. There is no competition so there has never been a need to push themselves to be better dps. I would go as far as saying there were only 2 players in all of resurgence, Bob and myself who wanted to be the best we possibly could. No one else ever tested new gear or builds or swaps because they simply had no need to and it was only through seeing the sucess of bob and I that people started to make changes to mimic our builds and setups. Bosses will die either way. Whether that be through rage or not. Arawn has the luxury of having enough numbers to kill a 15 min raged prime or gele if they need to.

On epona where there are not those very high numbers, players need to push themselves and better themselves so that bosses will die before rage hits. Players test and theorise and work hard to become better.

If you compare the dps of arawn to epona then arawn is leagues behind because epona has the need to improve each individuals dps. Arawn does not have that need.


Epona, Gwydion, and Fingal are all servers with huge amounts of players at raids... Epona especially has some of the worst gearing ever since it isnt clan based people do whatever they want and have some horrible builds and chars, of course the good players make up for them but Epona relies on its large numbers just like any top server.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#29
Any server that kills Gele at least once weekly, or has the combined active numbers to, is at the threshold of “a powerful server”. Other qualifications like “kills raids on spawn” and “has structured gearing systems” are secondary, as they vary on the server’s culture and population.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Taranis United!
Former Leader in theILLUMINATI and Aeon

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Most Powerful Servers as of 2018

#30
Regenleif wrote:Any server that kills Gele at least once weekly, or has the combined active numbers to, is at the threshold of “a powerful server”. Other qualifications like “kills raids on spawn” and “has structured gearing systems” are secondary, as they vary on the server’s culture and population.


1. Epona downs gele twice a week most the time in less than 10 mins.
2. We kill Prot on spawn and other raid bosses.
3. We roll on drops (u can hate but it works otherwise why is the rest of the player base moving here)
4. Our economy is popping just check AH. Easy to start here chests are 20-35k. Sakay na!
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: Anarchy
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 223/221/150-222-231-223-221


Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.


Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests