Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What time period is this game in?

Ever since I started the game in 2012, I’ve always wondered what the time period is in. At first I thought it was Mid Evil times with archers and warriors and mages and all of that but than when I discovered dunskeig sewers... that all changed. Sewers were made way way way before the mid evil times and actually they were made more recently in times where we had guns and all of this modern weaponary. Also, when gelebrons tower came out and there’s litteraly robots walking around... (I hope your confused because I am now) you start to wonder what time period this is in. After talking with a lot of people about this, I’ve come to my conclusion that this time period is in the future of our time, when the world collapsed to something, and we’re trying to bring it back. If you have any thoughts please leave a comment I really want to hear what others think, thanks
Cuko of Loony Toons, Nuada
207 Rouge

Re: What time period is this game in?

Harry Potter times :D

-Mages are the wizards
-There were soldiers with swords in the movie (represents warriors)
-both have flying brooms
-both have a giant spider mob
-Both have giant trolls
-Both have a castle as a home
-Hagrid's little dragon pet represents the hatchlings
YES
my dragon is named Norbert :D
My bunny is Harey Potter
My “elk” is a stag named Prongs
My old wolf is Padfoot
:D
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I always took it as an alternate take on pre-Roman-occupation Britain, possibly even B.C., but I'd have to look at a timeline to get a better feel for it.
(Edit: looked at a rough timeline; I'd say 5 BC-59 AD (I'm assuming pre-Boadicea), but that's just a rough interpretation.)

As for sewers, yeah, that's anywhere from like 600 BC-present day so that doesn't narrow much down.

The Greeks had a lot of pretty advanced mechanical innovations, so we could cover the difference with "magic" to create robots.

Also, I like to think that the abandoned castle on the Northern Peninsula is the future site of Hogwarts. :D

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

It’s a fictional world where dragons sit in caves filled with gold and an oversized wizard sits on top of a tower filled with robots, wizards, dog things, floating eyes, and dragoons. Apart from the fictional stuff, there is Celtic mythology references scattered throughout the game... there is no time period
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It’s a fictional world where dragons sit in caves filled with gold and an oversized wizard sits on top of a tower filled with robots, wizards, dog things, floating eyes, and dragoons. Apart from the fictional stuff, there is Celtic mythology references scattered throughout the game... there is no time period
:D mythological implies fiction (thus an alternate universe) in general, but even Celtic mythology follows a general timeline that refers to actual events.
(But yeah, quite a stretch with a lot of it that I doubt comes from the legends even :lol:)
Last edited by Mind on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

60-100 AD in an alternate timeline where Celtic mythology exists and Boudica won the revolt with the help of the gods and the Romans were pushed out of Britain. (Yet for some reason none of this was recorded)
Yeah this is what I think as well.

Like Mind said, the game features real events as well as mythological ones, so it's kind of a parallel universe where the Celtic Mythology is blended with the real world.

Maybe in future updates we'll get to fight some Romans and their gods
Would you kindly?

Maybe in future updates we'll get to fight some Romans and their gods
+1
OTM's next big game: "Classic Heroes" includes heroes and gods from Greek and Roman mythology! :lol:
(but seriously, that would be pretty cool.)