Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Should there be no lock penalties beyond lvl 220+?

Either the new bosses need to be level 230 and replace all previous bosses loot... or something needs to be done about level lock... it’s absurd that EG players need a non-EG alt to gear their EG toons...
It isn’t turtles all the way down... it’s alts all the way down.
Main
Alt to gear main
Alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Etc etc etc...
As long as they don't make the entrance to that boss be higher than 220 required, I don't care if they make a level 400 boss because I would rather have my kidneys ripped out of my body without anaesthesia than do bounties or lix. I'm honestly surprised they just haven't made an option to turn off receive xp. That would have solved the issue at least for proteus and gele
Then what was the point of increasing max level over the years? When they further expand the game all the eg characters will be behind because they are not at a high level.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

OTM already told us that they won't be increasing level cap anymore, so there's the good(?) News.

Also, in another thread Muldar said that you have to be 180 to enter the Gardens, meaning that they're probably gonna have at least a few new bosses for players around that level.

Hopefully that also means there will be bosses up to 220. But now that I think about it, I feel they'll be saving a 220-230 level Bossfight with Crom in the extension that will be added to Gardens.
Would you kindly?

Either the new bosses need to be level 230 and replace all previous bosses loot... or something needs to be done about level lock... it’s absurd that EG players need a non-EG alt to gear their EG toons...
Main
Alt to gear main
Etc etc etc...
It's like nobody read my post lol.

It's absurd because of a broken loot system, NOT because of level lock.

Fix the source don't put a band-aid on it.

220's shouldn't have to kill any bosses for gear besides 215-220 bosses, maybe some 210's.

If you don't want a harsh penalty stop at 225, or 230, you can still have good locking potential and high level.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Main
Alt to gear main
Etc etc etc...

220's shouldn't have to kill any bosses for gear besides 215-220 bosses, maybe some 210's.

If you don't want a harsh penalty stop at 225, or 230, you can still have good locking potential and high level.
A 230 can’t lock gele, thus it isn’t just the loot system.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Main
Alt to gear main
Etc etc etc...

Yep, and a reply to Chaotic suggesting to just stop at 225 if you don't want a harsh penalty...

I'm saying that we should be able to take bosses above lvl 220 without having to stop at 225. That was my whole purpose of this thread, not about how to avoid the penalty. We all know how to avoid it, I'm just advocating for it to be removed for bosses that are 220+.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

Main
Alt to gear main
Etc etc etc...

A 230 has the same locking capability as a 220 on gelebron.
There’s a +-10 level window and then the penalty of 0.5% per level begins.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Dark Kitty: Why are you bothered with lvl lock abobe 220+ when you don't have any toon even close to 220? Could it be that a removal of level lock would favour your clan compared to others? We all remember how some of your high level clannies complained about this. As the game now is designed it's fair to all, no one get an advantage and everyone can decide if the want to level past 230. Only after 230 the level lock would be a problem and how many are really effected? Should the design really be changed just to please a few players?
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Dark Kitty: Why are you bothered with lvl lock abobe 220+ when you don't have any toon even close to 220? Could it be that a removal of level lock would favour your clan compared to others? We all remember how some of your high level clannies complained about this. As the game now is designed it's fair to all, no one get an advantage and everyone can decide if the want to level past 230. Only after 230 the level lock would be a problem and how many are really effected? Should the design really be changed just to please a few players?
No, it's not fair to players who have invested time and money making their characters the best in the game. You accuse dark kitty of an opinion because it favors her clan. I can say the same for your opinion.

The best players in Celtic Heroes are penalized on end game content in this game. All those who like this you are welcome to it. Just know that some of the best people that have played this game have moved on because of it.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.