Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Another Person Scammed Again by the Fake Names

On Epona, a person has been creating names of popular or trusted people to scam people. He recently used my name to scam a clan member out of his Shadow Attack helm. My name is SeedIsTrash on Epona and the scammer put an L in place of the I. The clan member scammed was named TheAncientOne. He may quit now as the helm sells for 4-8m on the server (lost a lot of money. . .). Muldar, or anyone in the support team, can something be done not only to the font of the game and the scammers, but also to TheAncientOne? By something being done for TheAncientOne, I mean could he have his item returned?

I understans it is his fault for not paying attention but everyone makes mistakes. I feel like it would just be wrong not to help him and for anyone else who has been scammed by this problem that should have fixed a long time ago. For anyone else too, be careful.

In regards, Seed.
An old character. . .

Re: Another Person Scammed Again by the Fake Names

All trades are final, yes it sucks that he got scammed, but he should also have paid attention.

I have been approached by many fake accounts, and it has been around for as long as the game exists.

My recomendations:
- make alt accounts of your main with all possible combinations scammers might use.
- always check the lvl next to the name (they implemented that AND an extra confirm button.
- always think: why is someone asking to borrow stuff from me, 1 can i trust him (judging by name) and 2, if i can trust the person, isnt this an imposter account.
Arawn
warlord666 /lvl 202 / warrior / tank
Scavenger666/ lvl 208 / rogue

dragonsouls general

An easy way to fix this is to give the option to make items you're intending to trade temporarily a no trade item so the person you're trading it to couldn't trade it to anyone except thr original owner and to also give thr option that an item would automatically be restored back to the original owner after a certain amount of time.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

That’s crazy was probably a seed member who is hating on yo name xD
Wifi124 lvl-221Warrior
Wifi126 lvl- 189 Mage
Wifi127 lvl-60 Rogue
Join Date 12-28-11
Co- Leader of Clan Romans
Just an old veteran who knows a thing or two about this game :)

An easy way to fix this is to give the option to make items you're intending to trade temporarily a no trade item so the person you're trading it to couldn't trade it to anyone except thr original owner and to also give thr option that an item would automatically be restored back to the original owner after a certain amount of time.
Damn Indian traders!
Would you kindly?

That’s crazy was probably a seed member who is hating on yo name xD
Can promise you it wasn’t a Seed member, in fact I find the fact you guys chose to use our name kinda humorous. These scams have been happening on Crom a lot too, but recently they seem to have settled down a bit.
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed

As far as I know, you can't get the items back. All you can do is give OTM the name of the level 1 scammer (and who they are impersonating) and they will take appropriate action (ban that toon and any made by the same person, and even their main).
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

This has happened before and I’m sure it will happen again.
It might be worth using the LINE app for your clan and discussing trades there before doing anything.

Just this week alone I have been reading about either clan members or ex clan members keeping items they borrowed.

In Runescaoe they had a system where people could borrow items for a limited amount of time which was nice. However imagine buying something from someone and then find out you accidentally borrowed it so you would loose your money and the item :(.

Maybe the forums could have a trading room, or the AH be upgraded. This won’t stop name and clan scamming but might help a little.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +